Windows 10: Apps and settings lost

Discus and support Apps and settings lost in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi. Im new to this forum and thanks for the membership My PC got windows 10in february this year and has worked great until now Some days ago... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by 1976kjell, Jun 18, 2016.

1. 1976kjell Win User

Apps and settings lost

Hi. Im new to this forum and thanks for the membership

My PC got windows 10in february this year and has worked great until now

Some days ago settings went back to default and changes like the quick launch disappeared. Many of the included apps like calculator is not available, and when searchingMost of the shortcuts on the desctop screen also went away, including all the shortcuts to different folders. I got it back to how I wanted it again, but today, after 2-3 days of normal operation , the smae thing happened again

When searching apps in the lower left corner of thes screen, a message appears:

"The search may not be complete" and if the mouse is over the messagearea, a longer message appears: "you may not see the complete results yet, but we work to get them togeter.come back in a few minuts"

These messages are translated from norwegian, and is not identical to the similar messages in english

It doesnt help if I wait in some minutes and try to search again

What could be the reason for these problems, and how can it be solved?

:)

1976kjell, Jun 18, 2016
  2. Billy Med Win User

Lost all my apps, data and settings

Hi Missie,

Based from your description, it seems that you accidentally performed a reset on your device. In order to retrieve your lost files, you may check your SD card if there are files left there, or if you synced your account with OneDrive, then chances are, some
    of your files are backed up there.

Let us know if you need further help on your device.

Billy Med, Jun 18, 2016
  3. Lost all my apps, data and settings

Switched phone on and before loaded pressed the volume. Screen went blank ran through first time set up &lost all everything. Is there a way to get my stuff back?

MissieStokie, Jun 18, 2016
  4. 1976kjell Win User

Apps and settings lost

1976kjell, Jun 18, 2016
  5. 1976kjell Win User
    But today it happened again, most of the icons are gone and other start up programs than the selected started at start up. Maybe default setting came back. Downloaded the icon cache rebuild again and all was fine. How to get the icon cache rebuild to work continuously, so it dont go back to default and prevent that icons disappear?

1976kjell, Jun 21, 2016
  6. GitNet Win User
    Have you performed any virus scans because it's likely there is a virus on your computer that keeps deleting all sorts from different directories. Try running a scan with a free program such as MalwareBytes or Avast and see what comes up

GitNet, Jun 21, 2016
  7. 1976kjell Win User
    A virus scan is performed and no viruses were found

1976kjell, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Apps and settings lost

1. Apps and settings lost - Similar Threads - Apps settings lost

2. Default user apps setting being lost

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Default user apps setting being lost: My system keeps resetting user default app choices to Microsoft Default apps on bootup.I have tried the available registry entry solutions to no avail. What is the method for troubleshooting and resolving this problem. The available built-in Windows troubleshootersare of no...
  3. Default user apps setting being lost

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Default user apps setting being lost: My system keeps resetting user default app choices to Microsoft Default apps on bootup.I have tried the available registry entry solutions to no avail. What is the method for troubleshooting and resolving this problem. The available built-in Windows troubleshootersare of no...
  4. Default user apps setting being lost

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Lost my files, settings and apps with a Windows Update

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Lost my files, settings and apps with a Windows Update: My computer automatically updated Windows and after the restart I found my files, settings and apps gone. Can you help me recover everything please? I would like my user to be the way it was before the update....
  6. Lost settings

in Windows 10 Support
    Lost settings: I just started the computer that I haven't used for 6 months and I used EDGE 44 on this. When I started everything was ok except I lost the settings on the task bar and it was replaced with the control panel. I cant find updates so where do I go ? Thanks 155612
  7. Lost settings

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Lost settings: I just started the computer that I haven't used for 6 months and I used EDGE 44 on this. When I started everything was ok except I lost the settings on the task bar and it was replaced with the control panel. I cant find updates so where do I go ? Thanks 155612
  8. Lost Settings

in Windows 10 Customization
    Lost Settings: I had to do a hard shutdown when my computer froze, and now when I log in I seem to have lost all my settings. Every time I shut down and log back in it resets to factory settings....
  9. Lost Settings

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Lost Settings: Yesterday they worked, now they don't... Trying to launch Settings I got no response. Trying to launch Display Settings or Personalisation from desktops PPM menu I got attached errors. SFC San didn't help. Same for DISM. Since yesterday there were NO changes. Software or...
  10. Lost access to Windows Setting Apps function.

in Windows 10 Support
    Lost access to Windows Setting Apps function.: When I click on Apps the all window simply vanish... Running W10 x64 1903. [img] BTW It worked till few minutes ago when I used it to uninstall an app I did not need anymore. 133195