Windows 10: Apps and shortcuts

Discus and support Apps and shortcuts in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; when I open apps and shortcuts from home screen of windows 10 it takes lot of time to open so suggest me a way to faster it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by GauravChoudhary3, Jul 9, 2021.

1. Apps and shortcuts

when I open apps and shortcuts from home screen of windows 10 it takes lot of time to open so suggest me a way to faster it

:)

GauravChoudhary3, Jul 9, 2021

2. How to pin app shortcut to desk top?

Hi,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to follow below steps to change pin the apps on the desktop screen and check if it helps.

Step 1: I suggest you to perform the below steps to add the apps on desktop.

• Click on the “Start button” and locate the App that you want to pin to Desktop.
    • Right click on the “App” and click on “More options”.
    • Then click on “Open File location” and right click on the app, click on “Send to” option.
    • Then select “Desktop (Create shortcut)”.
    • Go to “Desktop” and check whether the app is located or not.

Or Step 2: To add shortcuts to the desktop

• Press and hold or right-click the desktop, tap or click New, and then tap or click Shortcut.
    • Enter the location of the item or tap or click Browse to find the item in File Explorer.

Hope this information is helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Jul 9, 2021
  3. terrace Win User
    Screensaver shortcut

I did this"
    Search Results

I would suggest you to try the following steps and check if that helps.

• Go to the folder C:\Windows\System32 and sort by file type.
    • Look for the screensaver file type (.scr).
    • Find the file scrnsave.scr(you can choose any of the screensavers).
    • Right click and select send to>desktop (create shortcut). The shortcut on my attachment, but when i click on it my screen goes off and on and nothing else.Apps and shortcuts :)

terrace, Jul 9, 2021
  4. NogtTL Win User

Apps and shortcuts

Shortcuts/hotkeys for text suggestion

I didn't found it official shortcut list, so I ask here.

Are there are any shortcuts/hotkeys to

• loop though text suggestions
    • insert the text suggestion

NogtTL, Jul 9, 2021
Thema:

Apps and shortcuts

1. Apps and shortcuts - Similar Threads - Apps shortcuts

2. Have OneDrive app open from shortcut without opening File Explorer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Have OneDrive app open from shortcut without opening File Explorer: So... I have 3 OneDrive accounts linked to this computer:OneDrive - PersonalOneDrive - Department of Education and TrainingOneDrive - ridgewaywebI have set OneDrive to not open on startup, same as every app on Windows. However, when I need OneDrive, I will open it from my...
  3. How to have shortcut for Windows 10 Process Explorer to show Office Apps?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    How to have shortcut for Windows 10 Process Explorer to show Office Apps?: My challenge is resource causing Office App freeze when need arise to open a large document in the middle of several apps running. I really prefer ez way to avoid closing apps and reopen them etc as solution. Therefore, I am considering suspending apps which sounds like...
  4. Most Microsoft Photos app keyboard shortcuts not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Most Microsoft Photos app keyboard shortcuts not working: Hello,In the Microsoft Photos app, the keyboard shortcuts Ctrl+E edit, Ctrl+W exit and Ctrl+0 reset zoom are no longer working. They were working fine a last week. I use these three a lot. Other keyboard shortcuts, like Ctrl+R rotate, Ctrl++ zoom in and Ctrl+- zoom out, are...
  5. why are my computer all shortcut app icon of home page suddenly white color for half or one...

in Windows 10 Customization
    why are my computer all shortcut app icon of home page suddenly white color for half or one...: why are my computer all shortcut app icon of home page suddenly white color for half or one second. then app icon color returns normal color. My question is, Is it normal? or problem?...
  6. All windows 10 app including start menu disappeared. When open app shortcut, displayed...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    All windows 10 app including start menu disappeared. When open app shortcut, displayed...: The problem begins when I tried to access the WindowsApps folder for launching f1 2019 through steam. I went to the property tap of said folder and changed in security, advance to add my user account, administrators, and my Microsoft account for full control access and...
  7. Lost shortcuts for apps in start menu of windows

Lost shortcuts for apps in start menu of windows: Hello community, I accidentally deleted the shortcuts for many of the programs I have from the start folder in Windows File Explorer. I don't know how to get them back. Please help me....
  8. The shortcut <Windows + Shift + S> stops working after I open a specific combination of apps

The shortcut <Windows + Shift + S> stops working after I open a specific combination of apps: Hello,The shortcut <Windows + Shift + S> stops working after I open a specific combination of apps, and even if I close them after, once the bug sets it, all I can do is reboot my computer.This is horrible since I use <Windows + Shift + S> a lot and you can't expect me to...
  9. Keyboard shortcuts to paste without installing app

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Keyboard shortcuts to paste without installing app: I'm looking for ways to paste commonly used phrases. It's for my work computer, so I can't install an app. At the moment I have some phrases pinned in the clipboard, but I would prefer to not have to scroll through the options there. I had found instructions online for...
  10. 3rd party apps shortcuts disappeared on Start Menu; Startmenu.diagcab found issue but...

3rd party apps shortcuts disappeared on Start Menu; Startmenu.diagcab found issue but...: Microsoft Windows [Version 10.0.19042.906] The problem occurred suddenly and seemingly without a cause. Not all, but nearly half of so many personal apps' shortcuts disappeared on the Startmenu, some of them may be new but some were very old. I thought I'd just repin them...