Windows 10: Apps and Software - Some apps have stopped working

Discus and support Apps and Software - Some apps have stopped working in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Is there anyway to find out which app is throwing up the error as this is a useless bit of information as it stands and the troubleshoot for it just... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Aparody, Jul 19, 2018.

1. Aparody Win User

Apps and Software - Some apps have stopped working

Is there anyway to find out which app is throwing up the error as this is a useless bit of information as it stands and the troubleshoot for it just clears temporary files which is not helpful in the slightest.

Thanks

:)

Aparody, Jul 19, 2018

2. Apple Claims Steam Link App Violates App Store Guidelines

Here's what Valve is contending with:
    App Store Review Guidelines - Apple Developer

The ones that stand out that may have caught Steam Link:
    So yeah, there's a lot of reasons why Steam Link would get rejected.

App submissions and approvals is a thing between developer and Apple. Valve intentionally let this information leak probably because Apple's restrictive guidlines will never allow Steam Link to be on the store. Valve is hoping the Steam user base makes a lot of noise so Apple grants Valve and exemption. I doubt it will work. Apple loves control and Steam Link is a portal into the Linux/Windows ecosystem. Even if Steam Link were exclusive to Mac OS, Apple would likely demand Valve use Mac OS's remote desktop features rather than Steam Link.

I'd be shocked if Apple allows it.

FordGT90Concept, Jul 19, 2018
  3. TechPowerUp Android App 2016

Yep, just realize theres no emoticons
    And i dunno its from the app or something, sometimes i need to refresh several times to show the content

One more please add app update notification from the app or button for reporting bugs or suggestion

One suggestion, may you put menu on dropdown on top corner so we can move without pressing back again and again

Thank you

micropage7, Jul 19, 2018
  4. Brink Win User

Mail app will not open on 10041.

Hello Adam,

This is the suggested solution below if you haven't already tried it. *Smile

In this Windows 10 build 10041, the Mail, Calendar, and People apps may be broken due to a licensing issue with the Store Beta. To get these apps working again, you need to follow these steps:

• Open powershell as administrator
    • Run the command Get-appxprovisionedpackage –online | where-object {$_.packagename –like “*windowscommunicationsapps*”} | remove-appxprovisionedpackage –online
    • Re-install Mail, People and Calendar from the Store (green tile)

Brink, Jul 19, 2018
Thema:

1. Apps and Software - Some apps have stopped working - Similar Threads - Apps Software apps

2. Some apps stopped working after force shutdown.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Some apps stopped working after force shutdown.: Hello, After recent update my laptop is taking too long to shutdown. sometimes it will not shutdown properly when i boot it up again it shows 1day+ uptime or just fails to shutdown completely and returns to login screen again after1hr of showing "shutting down" screen. This...
  3. Some apps stopped working after force shutdown.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Some apps stopped working after force shutdown.: Hello, After recent update my laptop is taking too long to shutdown. sometimes it will not shutdown properly when i boot it up again it shows 1day+ uptime or just fails to shutdown completely and returns to login screen again after1hr of showing "shutting down" screen. This...
  4. I'm having issues with most software apps not working.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I'm having issues with most software apps not working.: When I try to open up all if not most apps my PC displays the following error message "This app cannot run on your PC. To find a version for your PC, check with the software publisher"I've tried to change the compatibility setting of the app to an older version and it does...
  5. I'm having issues with most software apps not working.

I'm having issues with most software apps not working.: When I try to open up all if not most apps my PC displays the following error message "This app cannot run on your PC. To find a version for your PC, check with the software publisher"I've tried to change the compatibility setting of the app to an older version and it does...
  6. Speakers have stopped working on some apps

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Speakers have stopped working on some apps: Internal speaker tests ok, with sound, but there is no sound on videos/news/Netflix. Amazon music does work! I must have inadvertently changed a setting somewhere - any help will be appreciated!...
  7. Some apps are not working

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Some apps are not working: I'm using microsoft lumia 640XL and recently upgraded to Win10. After the upgradation, I am unable to run some basic apps like weather and some music apps. Weather app is shown downloaded but it does not work, when i tap it, it brings me to window store and then the whole...
  8. windows apps have stopped working

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    windows apps have stopped working: all of my windows apps have stopped working ,they just appear for a second on screen & collapse . these apps are working fine 2-3 days ago . but I don't know what happened with them . kindly help me...
  9. Some apps not working

Some apps not working: Hi ! On my desktop computer, after migrating to Windows 10, from Windows 7, and solving a lot of problems, I still have one I did not succeed to correct. I cannot open two Apps, Mail and Calendar, apparently tied under the same apps "Communications". I have uninstalled them...
  10. Apps have stopped working

Apps have stopped working: Just noticed that some Apps i.e. Weather & News have stopped working. I uninstalled them, then did a reinstall without success. The live tiles show the current weather & news headlines but as soon as they are opened, they become minimised to the taskbar. Clicking on the...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. some software and apps stopped working

2. apps & software stopped working

3. windows 10erformance some apps stopped working

4. some windows apps stopped working