Windows 10: Apps and some websites not working when connected to wifi

Discus and support Apps and some websites not working when connected to wifi in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; So I have this problem where my laptop doesn’t let me open some websites like Microsoft, discord and such and some of my apps too like discord app and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by LUM1.1, Sep 22, 2022.

1. LUM1.1 Win User

Apps and some websites not working when connected to wifi

So I have this problem where my laptop doesn’t let me open some websites like Microsoft, discord and such and some of my apps too like discord app and valorant. Note that the browsers work on other devices like my phone, can anyone help me?

:)

LUM1.1, Sep 22, 2022
  2. simrick Win User

When will the wifi connectivity problems be solved?

Hi Wabbles and welcome to Tenforums.

I've got 4 systems connecting via wireless; all adapters are different makes; all have zero issues, and two of them are old (wireless-G only). Most every issue I have seen with wireless connections has been driver-related. (Or, impending router failure.) I would suggest identifying your adapter model/make, and searching for different drivers that you can try out. And, sometimes an older driver works better than a newer one (just had this issue on a system I was working on yesterday). Also, verify you have these same connection issues when connecting to different routers, just to rule that out.

simrick, Sep 22, 2022
  3. wabbles Win User
    When will the wifi connectivity problems be solved?

OK, so the Windows 10 engineers bollixed up the wifi connectivity part of the operating system. Everybody knows that by now. It seems they are making some progress in resolving it. Now, instead of seeing "Secured, No Internet" on your list of wifi connections, you see "Connected, Secured" EXCEPT no webpages will load. So you really aren't connected. It does seem to be a step in the right direction. Does anybody know when they plan on a full and complete repair of this screw up of epic proportions?

wabbles, Sep 22, 2022
  4. Apps and some websites not working when connected to wifi

wifi connection problem

Hi,

To better assist you with the WiFi connection issue, please answer the following questions:

• Are your other devices able to connect to the same WiFi connection and working fine?
    • Have you tried to restart your WiFi router?
    • Which OS build version is currently running to your phone?
    • What are the troubleshooting steps that you've tried so far?

Regards.

Gerald Mal, Sep 22, 2022
Thema:

Apps and some websites not working when connected to wifi

1. Apps and some websites not working when connected to wifi - Similar Threads - Apps websites working

2. Can't connect to some websites

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't connect to some websites: I upgraded to Windows 11, but I have problems with Internet. The Internet will work for 1 minute and then it stops.The WiFi is working on other devices. Sometimes youtube works, sometimes it doesn't work.Sometimes youtube and some websites work but Gmail and outlook don't...
  3. Apps and some websites not working when connected to wifi

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Apps and some websites not working when connected to wifi: So I have this problem where my laptop doesn’t let me open some websites like Microsoft, discord and such and some of my apps too like discord app and valorant. Note that the browsers work on other devices like my phone, can anyone help me?...
  4. Apps and some websites not working when connected to wifi

Apps and some websites not working when connected to wifi: So I have this problem where my laptop doesn’t let me open some websites like Microsoft, discord and such and some of my apps too like discord app and valorant. Note that the browsers work on other devices like my phone, can anyone help me?...
  5. Some websites are not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Some websites are not working: Hi, i have a problem, 2 days ago i changed back my windwos from 11 to 10 and i can t acces some websites like yahoo mail, and another webistes I tired some things but nothing is working, can someone help me with this?...
  6. Some websites are not working

Some websites are not working: Hi, i have a problem, 2 days ago i changed back my windwos from 11 to 10 and i can t acces some websites like yahoo mail, and another webistes I tired some things but nothing is working, can someone help me with this?...
  7. Some websites are not working

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  8. Some websites not working on WIFI

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Some websites not working on WIFI: Windows Version: Windows 10 Version 21H2 OS Build 19044.1466Issue Description: I use internet on laptop through mobile hotspot, since yesterday some websites are having trouble connecting.These websites work on my phone, and if I connect through USB Tethering so the websites...
  9. Some websites not working on WIFI

Some websites not working on WIFI: Windows Version: Windows 10 Version 21H2 OS Build 19044.1466Issue Description: I use internet on laptop through mobile hotspot, since yesterday some websites are having trouble connecting.These websites work on my phone, and if I connect through USB Tethering so the websites...
  10. Some websites not working on WIFI

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing