Windows 10: Apps and tabs opening on start up

Discus and support Apps and tabs opening on start up in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; I've searched for an answer to how to make shutdown close all tabs and processes or to just not have my tabs open on startup. After a certain windows... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by SoupTheory, Dec 24, 2019.

1. Apps and tabs opening on start up

I've searched for an answer to how to make shutdown close all tabs and processes or to just not have my tabs open on startup. After a certain windows update, my tabs still open back up after I shut down and the community answer is to literally create an app that closes everything and shuts down manually. So there literally is no option to have it close all tabs before shutting down which is the stupidest thing the windows update has introduced whether it was intentional or not. Another problem I have is that some apps just keep opening on startup even though I specifically set it to not open on startup in the app's settings. For example, uTorrent has been set to not open upon startup, yet it still does. And an answer on this forum has said that this is a thing ever since the Fall Creators update. The solution was to uninstall it completely and set it up so it doesn't open on the install wizard. These are actually starting to get annoying so I hope they can fix this soon.

:)

SoupTheory, Dec 24, 2019
  2. W1zzard Win User

Command line/tab

No plans to implement that. Many users (including me) look at tab 1, then click sensors tab 2 quickly and close the app. Expectation is that it will start at tab 1 again.

W1zzard, Dec 24, 2019
  3. Brink Win User
    Mail app will not open on 10041.

Hello Adam,

This is the suggested solution below if you haven't already tried it. Apps and tabs opening on start up :)

In this Windows 10 build 10041, the Mail, Calendar, and People apps may be broken due to a licensing issue with the Store Beta. To get these apps working again, you need to follow these steps:

• Open powershell as administrator
    • Run the command Get-appxprovisionedpackage –online | where-object {$_.packagename –like “*windowscommunicationsapps*”} | remove-appxprovisionedpackage –online
    • Re-install Mail, People and Calendar from the Store (green tile)

Brink, Dec 24, 2019
  4. Naki Win User

Apps and tabs opening on start up

Command line/tab

OK, thanks!
    (I assume maybe this was suggested before...)
    May I ask, what exactly does such a routine have in mind - why look at tabs 1, then 2, then quickly close the app?

Thema:

Apps and tabs opening on start up

1. Apps and tabs opening on start up - Similar Threads - Apps tabs opening

2. Start menu is constantly tabbing up

in Windows 10 Customization
    Start menu is constantly tabbing up: This is hard to describe, but when I open the start menu the interface is constantly going back, it appears from the bottom up, like I was holding down the tab key in reverse, this makes it impossible to actually start any app I don't already have a shortcut for. It seems to...
  3. start up and open.

start up and open.: Whenever I get to my start page on my computer I can no longer click the screen and just sign in the only way it will take me to my password or pin is if I click the quiz which I do not want to show up on that screen anyway, this only started after an update so something...
  4. keyboard keys opening up tabs?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    keyboard keys opening up tabs?: so recently i've been getting this strange problem where if i were to press shift + any key or ctrl + any key, it would open up a browser tab. it would do that with google so i thought it was just a google problem so i uninstalled google but it happens with microsoft as well....
  5. App at Start-Up

App at Start-Up: When I look at the list of apps that start-up when I start Windows 10, I recognize all of them as they show the app name. But there are two that just says Program and in terms of Impact it says “Not Measured”. What are these programs? How will I get to know what these...
  6. start up apps

start up apps: Mu torrents is automatically opening on startup. how to remove it from startup? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/start-up-apps/908db591-42a9-4b66-b055-f76edb06555f
  7. Microsoft edge keeps opening multiple tabs upon computer start up

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Microsoft edge keeps opening multiple tabs upon computer start up: Microsoft edge keeps opening multiple tabs as soon as the computer starts up. I've tried clearing the files as per many you tube instructions. I have even completely formatted the hard drive and performed a clean install. But as soon as that is finished, it does the same...
  8. Start-up apps

Start-up apps: In start-up apps, what is the significance / difference between - Sort by:- Name / Status / Start Up Impact ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/start-up-apps/202d9e39-40af-470d-b61d-30113b79f13e
  9. Unwanted app opening on start-up.

Unwanted app opening on start-up.: Hi All, my problem is that when starting up my Laptop everything is ok until after signing in with my password the app for the Microsoft store opens. I can close it and everything is OK. Can you please advise where I can stop this occurring. I have tried looking but at...
  10. Secondary tab not opening up

in Windows 10 Support
    Secondary tab not opening up: This may be a simple fix but I'm struggling with it and it's becoming annoying. I can open an program etc in window 10 but when I open a new tab though that program I cannot see it or restore it. An example is when I open teamspeak and go to bookmarks and edit bookmarks it...