Windows 10: Apps and tiles

Discus and support Apps and tiles in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; How do I turn off ALL tiles and apps that are not essential? I am not very computer savvy, I just don't want all this garbage I do not want or need... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by haywoodjablowme, Jan 1, 2019.

1. Apps and tiles

How do I turn off ALL tiles and apps that are not essential? I am not very computer savvy, I just don't want all this garbage I do not want or need running. thank you

:)

haywoodjablowme, Jan 1, 2019
  2. Brink Win User

Mail app will not open on 10041.

Hello Adam,

This is the suggested solution below if you haven't already tried it. Apps and tiles :)

In this Windows 10 build 10041, the Mail, Calendar, and People apps may be broken due to a licensing issue with the Store Beta. To get these apps working again, you need to follow these steps:

• Open powershell as administrator
    • Run the command Get-appxprovisionedpackage –online | where-object {$_.packagename –like “*windowscommunicationsapps*”} | remove-appxprovisionedpackage –online
    • Re-install Mail, People and Calendar from the Store (green tile)

Brink, Jan 1, 2019
  3. Maxwell and Pascal "secretly" use tile based rasterization

I suspect this is still not full tile based rendering the way ARM Mali does, keeping lists of geometry primitives per tile in each hierarchy level. This seems only tiling of a rasterization step.
    In pipeline after geometry is done, gpu seems to run full pixel shader with full gpu on each first level tile serially from left to right, top to bottom. Second level could be as well done in immediate rasterization mode but coverage pattern using tiny tiles helps with cache hits - remember, maxwell and pascal have multiple levels of cache in their gpu. Tiles must be appropriately sized by driver to ensure best usage of gpu cache.

BiggieShady, Jan 1, 2019
  4. Apps and tiles

Live tiles not working on my new laptop

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community. I will certainly help you with this.

I appreciate if you could answer few questions to narrow down the issue and to provide you better assistance.

• Does this issue persist with all the Live tiles icon?
    • Are you able to view the different app’s tiles icon on Start menu?
    I suggest you to try the below given steps and check if issue gets resolved:

• Press the Windows key to open the Start menu.
    • Right click on the Tiles and click “turn live tile on”.
    • Repeat step 2 on the desired tiles.

Please post back with the results and the information asked, we will be glad to assist you further.

Thank you.

Parth P Patel, Jan 1, 2019
Thema:

Apps and tiles

1. Apps and tiles - Similar Threads - Apps tiles

2. What Live Tiles for apps on Windows 10 still work in 2024?

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    What Live Tiles for apps on Windows 10 still work in 2024?: To my surprise the Live Tile for the Netflix app continues to run when enabled in the Start Menu, but that said it's the only Live Tile that does still work from the apps I have installed. Does anybody have a list of apps with functioning Live Tiles?...
  3. What Live Tiles for apps on Windows 10 still work in 2024?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What Live Tiles for apps on Windows 10 still work in 2024?: To my surprise the Live Tile for the Netflix app continues to run when enabled in the Start Menu, but that said it's the only Live Tile that does still work from the apps I have installed. Does anybody have a list of apps with functioning Live Tiles?...
  4. What Live Tiles for apps on Windows 10 still work in 2024?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Photo App live tile no longer working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Photo App live tile no longer working: I have both the original updated PHOTO app and the older version PHOTO LEGACY app. I have put both on my start menu. Until recently, the live tile on both worked correctly showing the pictures in their respective storage place. Now in January 2024, the original PHOTO app live...
  6. Photo App live tile no longer working

Photo App live tile no longer working: I have both the original updated PHOTO app and the older version PHOTO LEGACY app. I have put both on my start menu. Until recently, the live tile on both worked correctly showing the pictures in their respective storage place. Now in January 2024, the original PHOTO app live...
  7. Is the photo app tile in Windows 10 start menu buggy?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is the photo app tile in Windows 10 start menu buggy?: Is the photo app tile in Windows 10 start menu buggy? it begin when I select an image for my app's tile, and then the start menu lags and closes on its own. I know it's just a small issue, but it bothers me.I already try these fixes but it didn't work.Check for UpdatesRestart...
  8. Is the photo app tile in Windows 10 start menu buggy?

Is the photo app tile in Windows 10 start menu buggy?: Is the photo app tile in Windows 10 start menu buggy? it begin when I select an image for my app's tile, and then the start menu lags and closes on its own. I know it's just a small issue, but it bothers me.I already try these fixes but it didn't work.Check for UpdatesRestart...
  9. Is the photo app tile in Windows 10 start menu buggy?

in Windows 10 Customization
  10. PhotosSet as-App tile

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PhotosSet as-App tile: “Photos”Set as-App tileUIPowerShellGet-appxpackage -all shellexperience -packagetype bundle % {add-appxpackage -register -disabledevelopmentmode $_.installlocation + "\appxmetadata\appxbundlemanifest.xml"}Windows10...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. apps and tiles

2. tiles displaying p-microsoft.windowscommunication p-microsoft.bingweather