Windows 10: Apps and URLs take minutes to open

Discus and support Apps and URLs take minutes to open in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi everyone,I've been having some strange issues with Windows 10 for months now and no matter what I tried, I was not able to fix it.First issue is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by daydr3am3r, Jun 13, 2021.

1. Apps and URLs take minutes to open

Hi everyone,I've been having some strange issues with Windows 10 for months now and no matter what I tried, I was not able to fix it.First issue is that apps take a few minutes to open, starting from 1-2 minutes for desktop apps and 3-5 or more minutes for UWP apps.The second issue is somewhat related to the first one - if I click on a link anywhere outside the browser, even if the browser is running, it takes almost 5 minutes to open the link in the browser.The third issue I am having is that sometimes, when I save or open files, the dialog box would just freeze and show empty white squares w

:)

daydr3am3r, Jun 13, 2021
  2. Brink Win User

Mail app will not open on 10041.

Hello Adam,

This is the suggested solution below if you haven't already tried it. Apps and URLs take minutes to open :)

In this Windows 10 build 10041, the Mail, Calendar, and People apps may be broken due to a licensing issue with the Store Beta. To get these apps working again, you need to follow these steps:

• Open powershell as administrator
    • Run the command Get-appxprovisionedpackage –online | where-object {$_.packagename –like “*windowscommunicationsapps*”} | remove-appxprovisionedpackage –online
    • Re-install Mail, People and Calendar from the Store (green tile)

Brink, Jun 13, 2021
  3. Edwin Win User
    Mail app will not open on 10041.

Hey Shawn,
    I did that to no avail, then I ran WSReset.exe; now I'm good on all 3, Mail, Calendar and People! *Confused
    Go figure!

Store Cache - Clear in Windows 8

Edwin, Jun 13, 2021
  4. Callender Win User

Apps and URLs take minutes to open

Can I customize the list of suggest apps in the "Open with" menu?

You can't use it to add additional programs, only to set default programs.

Interestingly for me it shows nothing for text files:

Apps and URLs take minutes to open [​IMG]

Then if I want to add a portable app like Jarte Plus to open with context menu windows doesn't like it.

It's not present and is near impossible to add even via "look for an app on this PC"

OpenWithAdd to the rescue:

Result:

Callender, Jun 13, 2021
Thema:

Apps and URLs take minutes to open

1. Apps and URLs take minutes to open - Similar Threads - Apps URLs minutes

2. Apps are taking so long to open

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Apps are taking so long to open: Hello, My apps are taking so long to open after i start it up.I first open my browsers but it didn't work, always loading, i tried again and again but not work.At last, One of the browsers Which is the Microsoft Edge worked but crashed later on when i try to access a site. So...
  3. URL shortcut - open with

in Browsers and Email
    URL shortcut - open with: You can make shortcuts for programs, but a special thing is to make shortcuts to web URL's The thing is, if you right click on these, there's no open to open this URL with this or that browser. I would prefer that you have that option for each separate URL shortcut, but then...
  4. URL shortcut - open with

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    URL shortcut - open with: You can make shortcuts for programs, but a special thing is to make shortcuts to web URL's The thing is, if you right click on these, there's no open to open this URL with this or that browser. I would prefer that you have that option for each separate URL shortcut, but then...
  5. URL file not opening correctly

in Browsers and Email
    URL file not opening correctly: Could someone tell me how to get a .url file to open correctly with a shortcut to chrome.exe instead of just chrome.exe? When I ask for the URL to open (app chosen is shortcut to chrome) I get this in the pic attached. [img] I need it to open from the shortcut because I...
  6. URL file not opening correctly

in Windows 10 Support
    URL file not opening correctly: Could someone tell me how to get a .url file to open correctly with a shortcut to chrome.exe instead of just chrome.exe? When I ask for the URL to open (app chosen is shortcut to chrome) I get this in the pic attached. [img] I need it to open from the shortcut because I...
  7. surface laptop takes up to five minutes to open document

in Windows 10 Customization
    surface laptop takes up to five minutes to open document: When I try to open a file from windows explorer or from my desktop it can take up to five minutes https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/surface-laptop-takes-up-to-five-minutes-to-open/56009edf-26cc-442e-8a13-6fa0bc3124bf
  8. Takes Minute to Open a Desktop Completely after Power On.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Takes Minute to Open a Desktop Completely after Power On.: To, Microsoft I am using a Laptop with Latest Windows 10 OS. It takes 1 Minute from time i Power On till Desktop open's completely. How can i speed this till Seconds. Also want tips for Laptop / Windows 10 OS to run Faster, Smoother & improve performance. Please help....
  9. This might take several minutes

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    This might take several minutes: I booted my hp laptop and it came up with a blank screen. Thought maybe there was an issue with my machine because I use an external docking station/monitor. It rebooted I got login screen. After login in, I am getting “hi” followed by “we’ve got some updates for your...
  10. EDGE opens a URL and then redirects to a different URL

in Browsers and Email
    EDGE opens a URL and then redirects to a different URL: When I put in Anadarko High School Class Of 1959, Anadarko, OK the page opens for a second and then is redirected to Welcome. This does not happen in Firefox, it opens the anadarko59 site and stays there. As far as I know, the anadarko59 URL is the only one this happens to...