Windows 10: apps appear on desktop but not in left column of start menu

Discus and support apps appear on desktop but not in left column of start menu in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; apps appear on desktop but not in left column start menu. Hw do I get them into left column?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by DaveElliott13, Jan 17, 2019.

1. apps appear on desktop but not in left column of start menu

apps appear on desktop but not in left column start menu. Hw do I get them into left column?

:)

DaveElliott13, Jan 17, 2019

2. all apps column appearing always in windows 10 start

Suddenly the all apps column, the alphabetical order icons and descriptions shows always in the left hand part of the start menu. It won't go away. The items which are supposed to be there are all the way to the left and appear as icons only. The "all apps"
    item is no longer in that column.

The computer updated one night and the next day I found my homegroup gone, file sharing was gone, and the start menu is acting goofy. How can I fix this?

jrclenathome, Jan 17, 2019
  3. Left-column separation in Start Menu

Hello Danny,

Apologize for the delay in response. We will assist you with your concern.

The left-column on the start menu its by design, there is no option to remove the column.

It's the new interface that has been included in the latest builds.

Please feel free to contact us, we will be glad to assist you.

Rakesh Narayanaswamy, Jan 17, 2019
  4. apps appear on desktop but not in left column of start menu

re: start menu how do i remove the list column 0f all the apps

Hi,

Here are the steps on how to remove an app from the column list:

1. Find the app in the start menu list that you want to delete/remove.

2. Right click the app and hover your cursor on More.

3. On the list of options, select Don't show in this list.

If you are pertaining to the app tiles in the Start menu , you may arrange that to your preference. The best way to create a customized list as soon as you click the Start button is to open it on Full Screen. Go to Settings>Personalization>Start, and turn
    on Full Screen. Then, you can customize the application you want to appear on your Start Screen.

Let us know how it goes.

Marilou Ser, Jan 17, 2019
Thema:

apps appear on desktop but not in left column of start menu

1. apps appear on desktop but not in left column of start menu - Similar Threads - apps appear desktop

2. App appears in Settings, but not in Start menu list

in Windows 10 Customization
    App appears in Settings, but not in Start menu list: I just reinstalled an app on my system. The app shows up in the Settings > Apps list, but not in the Start menu list. Why did this happen, and how do I fix it? Please note that I installed the app under another user; the last time I did that, the app showed up in Start; this...
  3. Apps on start menu right side not appearing on left side alpha list.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Apps on start menu right side not appearing on left side alpha list.: How do I get them on the alpha list? submitted by /u/richfield1945 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/jvf33o/apps_on_start_menu_right_side_not_appearing_on/
  4. Strange appearance for start menu apps

Strange appearance for start menu apps: Ever since I set up my Surface Pro 4, the icons have looked strange both when pinned to Start and when I search the program from Start. There doesn't seem to be a performance issue, but the appearance has been deteriorating so that the icons now also look dark for some...
  5. Start menu (left)

Start menu (left): Hello! Is there any way that the start menu opens like this always? (Want the Windows 10 start menu to show the expanded start menu) [img] 125495
  6. Clock and World symbols in Left Column of Windows 10 Start Menu

Clock and World symbols in Left Column of Windows 10 Start Menu: Hi everyone, Can someone please let me know what those two symbols (clock and world) represent when going into the left column of the start menu. I'm guessing the world symbol is for internet shortcuts, but I don't know. Thanks [ATTACH]...
  7. Adding columns in the start menu

Adding columns in the start menu: Hi! Im currently trying to increase the amount of columns displayed to 2. I have a tiny 7 inch screen with DPI set at 150% which makes the start menu only show one column. Do anyone know how to increase this to two? [img] 9011
  8. New Apps appearing on Start Menu

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    New Apps appearing on Start Menu: The first thing i did after installing Win10 was setting my updates to notify for downloads and installation so that I could decide whether to download updates or not. However I noticed that new apps like People, Phone Companion, Calculator appeared on the start menu after...
  9. All Apps doesn't appears in Start Menu

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    All Apps doesn't appears in Start Menu: Hi, my name's Pedro and I'm using Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 14332. I have a laptop Lenovo Yoga 11s, Intel I5 3339Y, 8GB, Intel HD Graphics 4000 (last driver) and 128GB SSD card. In the last build (14328), after a good install and a normal work short period, the All...
  10. Start Menu Apps to Desktop?

in Windows 10 Support
    Start Menu Apps to Desktop?: Is there a way to move apps from the Start Menu to folders on the Desktop? I want to put all games that are now tiles in my Start Menu to a Games Folder on my Desktop. 46338