Windows 10: Apps are gone

Discus and support Apps are gone in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; My special needs daughter uses her NextBook tablet mainly to play off-line games and watch U-Tube videos. When she went to turn on the tablet... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by KristiHarmon, May 20, 2020.

1. Apps are gone

My special needs daughter uses her NextBook tablet mainly to play off-line games and watch U-Tube videos. When she went to turn on the tablet yesterday, all her apps were gone, or I should say the screen came up blank. In looking at the "All programs" list, all the programs are still there but cannot be reached. Being an older basically computer illiterate, I contacted one of those on line services that takes over the computer and does the work for you .... FOR A FEE. Once he was done working, he signed off and was gone, leaving me with a tablet that still doesn't work.

I can't even reinstall the Miscosoft/Windows store app which disappeared when all this happened.

I decided I would reset/restore the entire tablet but it will not even allow me to do that. It says there was a problem estoring. No changes were made. This happen whether I am dumping my personal items or not. So I am stuck with a fairly expensive paperweight.

Does anyone have any ideas and suggestions? I know a young girl and an old guy that would be very grateful. Apps are gone f54734a6-dbb1-4f44-a03c-617562b87ce8?upload=true.png

:)

KristiHarmon, May 20, 2020

2. Why did the startup window get cleared?

I didn't missed any step, the list was gone and gone , even after using lot of programs the programs were not listed in that list.

smartali89, May 20, 2020
  3. Brink Win User
    Mail app will not open on 10041.

Hello Adam,

This is the suggested solution below if you haven't already tried it. Apps are gone :)

In this Windows 10 build 10041, the Mail, Calendar, and People apps may be broken due to a licensing issue with the Store Beta. To get these apps working again, you need to follow these steps:

• Open powershell as administrator
    • Run the command Get-appxprovisionedpackage –online | where-object {$_.packagename –like “*windowscommunicationsapps*”} | remove-appxprovisionedpackage –online
    • Re-install Mail, People and Calendar from the Store (green tile)

Brink, May 20, 2020
  4. Bree Win User

Apps are gone

Photo app is gone

@Lenoveo, it's actually named 'Photos' with an 's'. Is it really missing, or is it just the Tile on Start that's gone? Try typing photos in the Cortana/Search box next to Start and see if it finds it. If it does appear in the list you can right-click on it and 'Pin to Start' (or the taskbar). If it doesn't, try Brink's 'App reset' tutorial.

Thema:

Apps are gone

1. Apps are gone - Similar Threads - Apps are gone

2. My apps are gone

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My apps are gone: All of the Windows apps, aside from Teams and Outlook, are gone. I am a student, and I use my student email for everything. I need the apps back because now I am not able to do any work. I checked everywhere, and no, they are nowhere on this laptop....
  3. My apps are gone

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My apps are gone: All of the Windows apps, aside from Teams and Outlook, are gone. I am a student, and I use my student email for everything. I need the apps back because now I am not able to do any work. I checked everywhere, and no, they are nowhere on this laptop....
  4. Pinned apps gone

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Pinned apps gone: I have apps pinned in my taskbar but I cant see them at all. When you put the mouse in the taskbar you can see the name of the app indicating that it is there but the icon is missing. You can also click the app and it will open without problem. I restart the PC and still no...
  5. Pinned apps gone

Pinned apps gone: I have apps pinned in my taskbar but I cant see them at all. When you put the mouse in the taskbar you can see the name of the app indicating that it is there but the icon is missing. You can also click the app and it will open without problem. I restart the PC and still no...
  6. Pinned apps gone

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. Files gone and Apps not launching.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Files gone and Apps not launching.: Two days ago, my desktop froze, so I turned it off manually (via power button). When I turned it back on, it took a long time, and on the sign in screen, it said "Preparing Windows". Then after it told me I needed to log out of the account. When I logged out and logged back...
  8. apps gone, background gone

in Windows 10 Customization
    apps gone, background gone: I have lost my apps and my background screen is now black. The start menu doesn't work, the task view doesn't work, microsoft edge doesnt work (dialog box states "class not registered" I have no idea what to do...
  9. please help...... apps gone

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    please help...... apps gone: Good Morning, PLEASE can someone help.... I had a problem with my P Bell computer the other day (Windows 10). It froze completely although the Windows PHOTO was shown. Nothing I could do would change it. So, after I chose 'refresh back to an earlier time' it then came up...
  10. Photo app is gone

Photo app is gone: Hi, every one l have laptop works on windows 10, when l lunched the windows l make all update setting off but the problem is from day to day the windows makes update by it self (Automatic) even l switch off all update setting and there is application that run my photo but...