Windows 10: Apps are horrendously slow to start after upgrading to Windows 10 21H1 from 2004

Discus and support Apps are horrendously slow to start after upgrading to Windows 10 21H1 from 2004 in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I have an Acer Aspire TC-780-EB12 desktop that is four years old. It came with Windows 10 installed, and it has worked very well for me, until it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by ShaneMcD, Jun 11, 2021.

1. ShaneMcD Win User

Apps are horrendously slow to start after upgrading to Windows 10 21H1 from 2004

I have an Acer Aspire TC-780-EB12 desktop that is four years old. It came with Windows 10 installed, and it has worked very well for me, until it upgraded to Windows 10 version 20H2. Now, it is extremely slow to log in to, and when I try to start any apps, they take minutes to start. Once they are running, they run fine, but getting them to start is painful. I believe that is probably the reason for the slow login times, too, as it starts up a bunch of programs on login. Rolling back to the previous version of Windows 2004 resolves the problem, but because 2004 has reached end of life,

:)

ShaneMcD, Jun 11, 2021
  2. Nordic Win User

Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

I really hate having to come here and ask for help, but I really am stumped. It hurts my geek pride. I have a PC with fairly modern hardware in it. It has a p8p67 pro in it. I have tried upgrading windows 10 on it twice now. Both times I have had the same result.

After windows finishes upgrading it goes to the log in/set up screen. I can't do anything. No keyboard or mouse input is accepted.

I will list some, or hopefully all, of the troubleshooting steps I have tried:
    • Move keyboard and mouse to different USB ports.
    • Try different keyboard or mouse.
    • Restart computer, repeatedly.
    • Google for related issues.
    • Update Bios, because why not.
    • Create boot media and revert to windows 7.
    The windows 10 system restore boot media works fine with keyboard and mouse. All USB ports work in windows 7. I don't know what is wrong. I suspect that windows 10 is lacking a driver of some sort, but since the computer accepts no input I have no way of checking for which driver let alone installing it.

Please help me figure this out. If I have to revert back to windows 7 again, I am not going to get it upgraded to windows 10. Thank you in advanced.

Nordic, Jun 11, 2021
  3. Windows 10 upgrade rant..

The free space shouldn't prevent you from upgrading to built 1607. I manually upgraded my own laptop which had only 9gigs free space left on the system drive.

I unzipped the Windows 10 Pro anniversary edition ISO on my D drive, and started the upgrade process from there. At one point the installer complained about not having enough free space on the main drive, i just had to point it to the D drive to proceed to the next step. Now the rollback installation is stored there and doesn't clog up the C drive anymore.

In your case you could insert a large sdcard to act as the required rollback drive, i'm pretty sure it would do the trick.

Oh and by the way, if you want to further compress your System files:
    • do a search Command Prompt, right-click it, and select Run as administrator.
    • Type COMPACT.EXE /CompactOS:always and hit Enter.
    You'll will gain anything from 2 to 4 gigs free space after it's done.

blobster21, Jun 11, 2021
  4. Apps are horrendously slow to start after upgrading to Windows 10 21H1 from 2004

windows 10 worth the upgrade?

Did u try right clicking and select add to start menu?

When did AMD release DX12 drivers?

Pill Monster, Jun 11, 2021
Thema:

Apps are horrendously slow to start after upgrading to Windows 10 21H1 from 2004

1. Apps are horrendously slow to start after upgrading to Windows 10 21H1 from 2004 - Similar Threads - Apps are horrendously

2. Windows 10 extremely slow after upgrade to version 21H1

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 extremely slow after upgrade to version 21H1: Hello, I updated to Windows 10 version H21H1 and the system has become extremely slow. When I click a program icon on my desktop, it takes a long time for the program to open. And even webpages take a while to open and sometimes it doesn't respond....
  3. Windows 10 extremely slow after upgrade to version 21H1

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 extremely slow after upgrade to version 21H1: Hello, I updated to Windows 10 version H21H1 and the system has become extremely slow. When I click a program icon on my desktop, it takes a long time for the program to open. And even webpages take a while to open and sometimes it doesn't respond....
  4. Windows 10 extremely slow after upgrade to version 21H1

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Unable to upgrade from Windows 10 2004 to Windows 10 21H1

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to upgrade from Windows 10 2004 to Windows 10 21H1: I was unable to upgrade from Windows 10 2004 to Windows 10 21H1, and I was hoping the next feature update would work. Tried using troubleshooter and Windows Update Assistant. When I try to update, I get confirmation that my system is compatible and has enough disk space. The...
  6. Unable to upgrade from Windows 10 2004 to Windows 10 21H1

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to upgrade from Windows 10 2004 to Windows 10 21H1: I was unable to upgrade from Windows 10 2004 to Windows 10 21H1, and I was hoping the next feature update would work. Tried using troubleshooter and Windows Update Assistant. When I try to update, I get confirmation that my system is compatible and has enough disk space. The...
  7. Unable to upgrade from Windows 10 2004 to Windows 10 21H1

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  8. After upgrading from Windows 10 to version 21H1, it cannot start.

After upgrading from Windows 10 to version 21H1, it cannot start.: I tried to boot into safe mode, but was unsuccessful.I tried all the options with the advanced options, but they all end up asking for a password, and when I enter the correct password, it still says incorrect.I tried using Shift on startup, it goes to advanced options, and...
  9. Windows 10 extremely slow after upgrade to version 21H1

Windows 10 extremely slow after upgrade to version 21H1: I have just upgraded to Windows 10 Version H21H1 but the system has become extremely slow. When I click on a program icon on my desktop, it takes quite a while for the program to open. And even web pages take a while to open and at times do not respond at all. What could be...
  10. Phantom start menu app after upgrading to win 10 2004

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Phantom start menu app after upgrading to win 10 2004: Since upgrading to 2004 I've noticed a phantom app at the very bottom of my start menu apps listed under "other" named ms-resource:ProductName. If I right click it has an uninstall option which doesn't work. I also checked in the various Start menu explorer folders as well as...