Windows 10: apps are not on start bar, taskbar to desktop is gone, apps are on desktop files and...

Discus and support apps are not on start bar, taskbar to desktop is gone, apps are on desktop files and... in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I found some fixes but nothing worked this happened today using Windows 10... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by MaryWinch, Feb 21, 2019.

1. MaryWinch Win User

apps are not on start bar, taskbar to desktop is gone, apps are on desktop files and...

I found some fixes but nothing worked this happened today using Windows 10

:)

MaryWinch, Feb 21, 2019
  2. KomouPoji Win User

Trying to move desktop icon to the task bar. Cannot make it “stick” to the taskbar

Hi,

To assist you further, let me ask.

• When you say “Trying to move desktop icon to the task bar”, you mean pin the excel workbook to the task bar?
    • what exactly when you try to stick the excel file to the taskbar?
    If you are trying to pin the excel workbook to the taskbar.

Follow the steps below.

• Click on the start menu, select the icon and right-click on the icon.

• From the list, select pin it to taskbar or pin it to start.
    Also, you can drag the icon from the desktop and drop on the task bar.

I hope the information is helpful and if the issue still persists, we’ll be glad to assists you.

Thank you.

KomouPoji, Feb 21, 2019
  3. Antilope Win User
    Move an Icon from the Taskbar to the Desktop?

You can drag and drop icons from the Apps list or Start Menu to the Task Bar or the Desktop. A copy of the icon will be dragged to the Task Bar or Desktop and the original icon will still be in the Apps list or Start Menu.

You can also find the .exe file in the File Explorer and right click and copy the .exe file. Then right click over the desktop and paste shortcut to place an icon on the desktop.

Antilope, Feb 21, 2019
  4. KeithM Win User

apps are not on start bar, taskbar to desktop is gone, apps are on desktop files and...

Where is 'Desktop File' Containing ALL files,folders,apps in Desktop?

You can access the Desktop by clicking the drop-list of the File Explorer Address Bar.

apps are not on start bar, taskbar to desktop is gone, apps are on desktop files and... [​IMG]

apps are not on start bar, taskbar to desktop is gone, apps are on desktop files and... [​IMG]

Keith

KeithM, Feb 21, 2019
Thema:

1. apps are not on start bar, taskbar to desktop is gone, apps are on desktop files and... - Similar Threads - apps are start

2. Apps/files/shortcuts on desktop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Apps/files/shortcuts on desktop: I can't seem to find a way to add/copy files or anything on my desktop. Does anyone know how? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/appsfilesshortcuts-on-desktop/d338707b-6d03-4f18-a946-c8752a813215
  3. WhatsApp Desktop App showing progress bar in Start Menu

WhatsApp Desktop App showing progress bar in Start Menu: There's a bug on Whatsapp Desktop App which suddenly appeared when I did a fresh installation of Windows 10 20H2. Other apps are not affected though. When the app is running, the progress bar under the icon in Start Menu will appear all the time without any movement. It will...
  4. Desktop files are gone

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Desktop files are gone: Ok, so I really need help with this one, massively. My computer updated to the newer version of Windows 10 without me asking. I noticed all my folders were gone from the desktop. I managed to find them in my desktop folder, which had my old desktop items but not my new ones,...
  5. Default desktop apps icons gone

Default desktop apps icons gone: So for a long time, my default desktop icons have been invisible. Apps like settings, Microsoft Store, xbox and Minecraft have no taskbar icons. I have look everywhere to find a fix, but nothing ever works. Essentially I have no idea what apps I have open if there like this...
  6. Windows 10 taskbar and desktop apps are gone after sleep

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows 10 taskbar and desktop apps are gone after sleep: We have a brand new dell pc with windows 10. When the pc goes to sleep and we wake it up the taskbar apps are gone like word. Sometimes the desktop apps are also gone . We have tried power troubleshoot and no help. Can someone help us please...
  7. Windows 10 Taskbar/Start/Desktop Icons Gone

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 Taskbar/Start/Desktop Icons Gone: Hello, after update i don't have icons anymore, they white. I tried with other user same pc, no icons as well. I tried uninstall/install applications - no icons. I tried this steps didn't help:...
  8. Gray bars on desktop, in apps, everywhere

in Windows 10 Customization
    Gray bars on desktop, in apps, everywhere: [ATTACH] For the past several months I've been seeing gray bars on my screen - regardless of whether I'm in a program or not. I'm running the October update to Win 10 on a Dell XPS desktop. I do not want these bars but I can't get rid of them. The flow off to the right from...
  9. Start Menu Apps to Desktop?

in Windows 10 Support
    Start Menu Apps to Desktop?: Is there a way to move apps from the Start Menu to folders on the Desktop? I want to put all games that are now tiles in my Start Menu to a Games Folder on my Desktop. 46338
  10. Desktop file 'gone'

in Windows 10 Support
    Desktop file 'gone': After the latest updates (2 days ago) I got the message that backing up & synchronizing in Edge is no longer possible because the map Desktop cannot be traced, and would I be so kind to "Search or Stop synchronizing." A Search only results in "Desktop - This map is empty"....