Windows 10: apps are not opening in the latest win 10 update

Discus and support apps are not opening in the latest win 10 update in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; It has been a prevalant problem in my pc that with the latest october windows update many of my most used and favorite apps are just not opening while... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Zapdrag'n, Oct 31, 2020.

1. Zapdrag'n Win User

apps are not opening in the latest win 10 update

It has been a prevalant problem in my pc that with the latest october windows update many of my most used and favorite apps are just not opening while they worked perfectly fine just before. this is more prominent with programs downloaded from internet through reliable website. while monitoring the activities of pc in task manger while intialising a problamatic program i found a pattern that the icon of the program as soon as shows up in the task manager it is followed by system interruption and then closes. no other message or dialogue is shown by windows itself. i request microsoft team to look into this grave issue which is ruining my user experience and stalling my work. recnt examples are - 1Free download manager

2Doom eternal steam version

:)

Zapdrag'n, Oct 31, 2020
  2. Brink Win User

Mail app will not open on 10041.

Hello Adam,

This is the suggested solution below if you haven't already tried it. apps are not opening in the latest win 10 update :)

In this Windows 10 build 10041, the Mail, Calendar, and People apps may be broken due to a licensing issue with the Store Beta. To get these apps working again, you need to follow these steps:

• Open powershell as administrator
    • Run the command Get-appxprovisionedpackage –online | where-object {$_.packagename –like “*windowscommunicationsapps*”} | remove-appxprovisionedpackage –online
    • Re-install Mail, People and Calendar from the Store (green tile)

Brink, Oct 31, 2020
  3. Win 10 apps not opening

When trying to open the xbox app or the store app it just blinks on the screen then nothing. Any suggestions on how to fix this? Win 10 14372

larry110672, Oct 31, 2020
  4. trog100 Win User

latest win 10 upgrade.. a default app has been reset..

has anybody else been getting this message..

every so often it pops ups since the last win 10 update.. i have read about it.. but oddly for me i get the message but all my defaults apps remain the same.. he he

trog

trog100, Oct 31, 2020
Thema:

1. apps are not opening in the latest win 10 update - Similar Threads - apps are opening

2. Win 10 latest update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Win 10 latest update: Dear team, I want know method how we able to install win 10 os with latest update on fresh hdd. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/win-10-latest-update/22f9cf1d-ea65-43c0-9100-cc2fcbc5f8ae
  3. Latest Win 10 update.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Latest Win 10 update.: I downloaded the latest update about 2 weeks ago. When I went to transfer photo from my camera to computer I found that I was unable to. I got a response saying that I needed to download an app from the store. When I tried the store I was unable to access that as well. Has...
  4. Latest Win 10 Update

Latest Win 10 Update: Today my laptop did an auto win 10 update. When finished it turned off. Tried to restart but got error message saying there is an issue and rebooted again. Went thru this several times and did a repair twice but this did not work. Finally I had to do a reset. Another...
  5. LATEST WIN 10 UPDATE

LATEST WIN 10 UPDATE: How can I prevent Windows from updating? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-update/latest-win-10-update/3ed10f24-63fb-438c-98c4-db913a030d26
  6. Latest Win 10 update of today ..

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Latest Win 10 update of today ..: My Win 10 64-bit OS updated earlier today as follows: Update for Windows 10 Version 1607 for x64-based Systems (KB3150513) Is this the latest available update? Thanks in advance .. 82603
  7. Latest Win 10 update

Latest Win 10 update: Update was downloaded and when I tried to boot after restart it loads some things (network adapter) that i can see but hangs up after Win trademark and loads no more . I am not tech astute but have tried to boot in safe mode but can't do that. I can load HP diagnostics but...
  8. Latest Win 10 Updates !!!

Latest Win 10 Updates !!!: Anyone had fun today with 10 updates? They went into my pc this morning and since then its taken me an hour and a half to get to the point where I can type this. The pc booted up, no image. Had to reset to default Samsung flat screen to get it to come 'alive'. Then the...
  9. Latest Win 10 Update

Latest Win 10 Update: [img] My PC now updated .. that took a long time, but here in Darkest Africa. I only have an "up to 4 Mbps" ADSL connection. I also see that this is my 100th post on TenForums *Smile This is a great forum, and the willingness of everybody to help less knowledgeable...
  10. Win 10 apps not opening

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Win 10 apps not opening: When trying to open the xbox app or the store app it just blinks on the screen then nothing. Any suggestions on how to fix this? Win 10 14372 54607