Windows 10: Apps are not opening

Discus and support Apps are not opening in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello, I recently just got a Microsoft Surface Pro 3 and I am not able to open many apps such as all of the Microsoft apps such as Word and OneNote and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by KearraWilliams, Jan 21, 2021.

1. Apps are not opening

Hello, I recently just got a Microsoft Surface Pro 3 and I am not able to open many apps such as all of the Microsoft apps such as Word and OneNote and am not able to download any of the apps so far that I have looked at in the app store because they all say that they are not compatible with my device and I already tried downloading the Surface Pro 3 software and two of the software downloads were not able to download because they said that my device is not a Surface Pro 3 even though it is. So, I was wondering what it is that I have to do to get my tablet to start letting me use it for its intended purposes?

:)

KearraWilliams, Jan 21, 2021
  2. Brink Win User

Mail app will not open on 10041.

Hello Adam,

This is the suggested solution below if you haven't already tried it. Apps are not opening :)

In this Windows 10 build 10041, the Mail, Calendar, and People apps may be broken due to a licensing issue with the Store Beta. To get these apps working again, you need to follow these steps:

• Open powershell as administrator
    • Run the command Get-appxprovisionedpackage –online | where-object {$_.packagename –like “*windowscommunicationsapps*”} | remove-appxprovisionedpackage –online
    • Re-install Mail, People and Calendar from the Store (green tile)

Brink, Jan 21, 2021
  3. Callender Win User
    Can I customize the list of suggest apps in the "Open with" menu?

You can't use it to add additional programs, only to set default programs.

Interestingly for me it shows nothing for text files:

Apps are not opening [​IMG]

Then if I want to add a portable app like Jarte Plus to open with context menu windows doesn't like it.

It's not present and is near impossible to add even via "look for an app on this PC"

OpenWithAdd to the rescue:

Result:

Callender, Jan 21, 2021
  4. Edwin Win User

Apps are not opening

Mail app will not open on 10041.

Hey Shawn,
    I did that to no avail, then I ran WSReset.exe; now I'm good on all 3, Mail, Calendar and People! *Confused
    Go figure!

Store Cache - Clear in Windows 8

Edwin, Jan 21, 2021
Thema:

Apps are not opening

1. Apps are not opening - Similar Threads - Apps are opening

2. No apps are opening

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No apps are opening: I've had this problem for a while now and I don't know how to fix it I've tried factory resetting and I've even upgraded to win 11 but it still hasn't fixed the issue. None of the apps will open when I go to open via desktop my cursor turns into a the loading symbol and stays...
  3. No app is opening

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    No app is opening: After opening my windows 10 pc, it only shows the wallpaper with start button, cursor and task bar but the task bar was blank. Cursor was moving but when I clicked on the start button it didn't work. Nothing is opening. When I tried ctrl+alt+del the blue screen with its...
  4. Apps not opening

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Apps not opening: So all the time i will open my different applications and the little blue loading circle pops up and flashes twice and then, the app never opens. It happens completely randomly on random applications and the only way to fix it is to restart it and then it will be fine for...
  5. Apps not opening

in Windows 10 Customization
    Apps not opening: So I've been having this problem that doesn't show my apps when I open them. If I click on certain apps, it'll open, but the screen will be invisible and it'll go to my desktop, even though it says it's there. It shows in the taskbar and when I hover over it it shows the...
  6. Apps not opening

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Apps not opening: Hello! I am unable to open any of my apps on my HP laptop. When I click on an app a white bar appears on the bottom of the app but nothing happens. I then went to the Microsoft Store from Microsoft Edge since that app wont open as well and tried to download an app but it...
  7. app will not open

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    app will not open: YI app will not open https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/app-will-not-open/aaa450b5-e78e-4db9-b5cd-0c05f61664b3
  8. Open With Apps

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Open With Apps: Hello, This is a quick question so I was coding this thing and basically I accidentally clicked open with Visual Studio Code is there any way I can reset it to open the way I downloaded it?...
  9. Opening an app opens the app store instead.

Opening an app opens the app store instead.: I am trying to open an app that I have on xbox ultimate but when I click on the app it opens the app store instead on the gaming services page. I have tried reinstalling gaming services. This appears to be intermittent as it's happened before and a couple of restarts...
  10. Apps Not Opening?

Apps Not Opening?: Hi guys. I think i've cocked up somewhere after as i did a Powershll command to try to sort out my random hangs in Explorer (ironically it doesn't happen now) but the majority of my apps don't seem to open now. Most of them, including Store, are categorised under Other in...