Windows 10: Apps are shutting down when my computer goes to sleep - started after recent Windows updates

Discus and support Apps are shutting down when my computer goes to sleep - started after recent Windows updates in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Hello community, I see posts about this but they all seem to be from a couple of years ago. This started recently - a week or so ago - after windows... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by KatieScott1, Feb 22, 2019.

1. Apps are shutting down when my computer goes to sleep - started after recent Windows updates

Hello community,

I see posts about this but they all seem to be from a couple of years ago. This started recently - a week or so ago - after windows updates.

I have tried the solutions on the other posts but the problem is still happening.

It's Excel that is the worst issue for me. I use it all day long so have to recover frequently.

I suppose I should try to go back to a previous version - pre update. I will look into how to do that.

:)

KatieScott1, Feb 22, 2019

2. my laptop goes to sleep when i tell it to shut down

Hi Team,

As requested please find the below details.
    • When did this issue start to occur? from past two month.
    • What are the troubleshooting steps you have done so far? Haven't done any thing.
    • Did you make any recent changes on the settings of your PC? NO
    • Are you seeing any error message before it goes to sleep mode? No
    Regards,

Tebin Thomas, Feb 22, 2019
  3. mikeirvan Win User
    Sleep Just Shuts Down Computer

Hello. After I upgraded from Windows 8.1 to Windows 10, my sleep feature quit working properly. There was a point in time a couple months back it did work, but since I hardly use it I didn't notice a problem. Recently I decided I'd start using it, and that's when I noticed the problem. When I go to sleep mode, it goes to sleep, but than when I bring it out of sleep mode it just restarts. I don't get any kind of error message at all, and as far as I can tell my power settings are set right. One suggestion I found suggested to revert my driver for Intel Management Engine Interface from version 10 or 11 to 9.5. I did that, but it didn't fix it. someone in a computer help group i'm in suggested that I just reformat my hard drive and start over. I'm trying to avoid that at all costs. I see suggestions on the settings in BIOS. Which settings in particular should I look to change? If anyone has any ideas what I can do to fix this problem, I'd greatly appreciate it.

thanks,
    Mike Irvan

mikeirvan, Feb 22, 2019
  4. Apps are shutting down when my computer goes to sleep - started after recent Windows updates

Computer goes to Sleep mode automatically

Hi Anthony,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. Apologize for the inconvenience caused to you.

I suggest you to follow the steps provided below if not tried already and check if it helps.

• Navigate to Start>Settings>System>Power & sleep.
    • In the right pane, select Never from the drop down list for
      Screen
      and Sleep.
    • Close the dialog box and check for status.

Hope the information is helpful. Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Eeshwar Kumar, Feb 22, 2019
Thema:

Apps are shutting down when my computer goes to sleep - started after recent Windows updates

1. Apps are shutting down when my computer goes to sleep - started after recent Windows updates - Similar Threads - Apps are shutting

2. Computer shuts down when I press sleep

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer shuts down when I press sleep: My pc starts to shutdown when I click sleep and it take around 10 minutes to actually shut down, I restarted it once and it went to sleep like normal after that until I turned it on again and the problem continued. My pc goes through the complete booting up process every...
  3. Computer shuts down when I press sleep

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Computer shuts down when I press sleep: My pc starts to shutdown when I click sleep and it take around 10 minutes to actually shut down, I restarted it once and it went to sleep like normal after that until I turned it on again and the problem continued. My pc goes through the complete booting up process every...
  4. Computers shut down when entering sleep mode

in Windows 10 Customization
    Computers shut down when entering sleep mode: Hello, I am experiencing problems with some of my customers the number of people affected just keeps growing and growing . When the computers doesn't matter if it's a laptop or a PC enters sleep mode and some time passes - the computer shuts down. We tried checking the...
  5. Computer shuts down or goes to sleep after 1 day, despite power settings

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Computer shuts down or goes to sleep after 1 day, despite power settings: Hello, My computer shuts down or goes to sleep after around 1 day, despite the fact it is set to never go to sleep when plugged in. Any suggestions regarding this issue would be appreciated....
  6. Computer shuts down when in sleep mode overnight

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Computer shuts down when in sleep mode overnight: Has happened 3 nights now, after the late February update. Has anyone else experienced this? submitted by /u/Penuwana [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/fgqi3w/computer_shuts_down_when_in_sleep_mode_overnight/
  7. Laptop shuts down when it goes to sleep

Laptop shuts down when it goes to sleep: So every time my Asus laptop goes to sleep, it shuts down, no matter how little time it is in sleep mode. I have checked the settings available for power and battery and there is nothing that helps in solving this problem. I have updated my Windows 10 to the latest version...
  8. Sleep button shuts down my computer

Sleep button shuts down my computer: Hi, I have recently started encountering a problem whereby my laptop shuts down when I put it to sleep, meaning that files close without saving and I have to start using autorecover and browser closes too. I have checked my power options and no issues there. I am wondering...
  9. Computer shuts down when put to sleep

Computer shuts down when put to sleep: When I close the lid of my new laptop, it shuts down instead of staying in sleep mode. I've triple checked that the computer is set to Sleep (NOT Shut Down) when the lid is closed. It seems to Sleep for a short time, then Shut Down. Battery at 90%, so that isn't the issue. I...
  10. Computer shutting down after updates

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Computer shutting down after updates: My windows 10 computer is shutting down after it updates. I have to turn the computer off manually and back on again to get it to boot up. What's happening and is there a way to fix this...