Windows 10: Apps are taking so long to open

Discus and support Apps are taking so long to open in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hello, My apps are taking so long to open after i start it up.I first open my browsers but it didn't work, always loading, i tried again and again but... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Unknown, Jun 15, 2021.

1. Unknown Win User

Apps are taking so long to open

Hello, My apps are taking so long to open after i start it up.I first open my browsers but it didn't work, always loading, i tried again and again but not work.At last, One of the browsers Which is the Microsoft Edge worked but crashed later on when i try to access a site. So i open other apps Settings and Control Panel but still loading.The settings app just appeared splash screen and the control panel failed to open and crashes when i try to open it.Later it opened but suddenly closed. After a while, My other browser Which is Chrome worked but suddenly crashed and My Browsers did the s

:)

Unknown, Jun 15, 2021
  2. Brink Win User

Mail app will not open on 10041.

Hello Adam,

This is the suggested solution below if you haven't already tried it. Apps are taking so long to open :)

In this Windows 10 build 10041, the Mail, Calendar, and People apps may be broken due to a licensing issue with the Store Beta. To get these apps working again, you need to follow these steps:

• Open powershell as administrator
    • Run the command Get-appxprovisionedpackage –online | where-object {$_.packagename –like “*windowscommunicationsapps*”} | remove-appxprovisionedpackage –online
    • Re-install Mail, People and Calendar from the Store (green tile)

Brink, Jun 15, 2021
  3. Browser and Apps taking too long time to open.

Original title: Opening Apps

Why does it take so long to open browsers or apps using the Windows 10 OS?

LeonardLHV, Jun 15, 2021
  4. Callender Win User

Can I customize the list of suggest apps in the "Open with" menu?

You can't use it to add additional programs, only to set default programs.

Interestingly for me it shows nothing for text files:

Apps are taking so long to open [​IMG]

Then if I want to add a portable app like Jarte Plus to open with context menu windows doesn't like it.

It's not present and is near impossible to add even via "look for an app on this PC"

OpenWithAdd to the rescue:

Result:

Callender, Jun 15, 2021
Thema:

1. Apps are taking so long to open - Similar Threads - Apps are taking

2. Why is this taking so long

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why is this taking so long: Why is this taking so long the update has been doing this for 2 days https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-is-this-taking-so-long/7fdd86a9-55ec-4c44-8262-d07abb8bcbfe
  3. Why is this taking so long

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why is this taking so long: Why is this taking so long the update has been doing this for 2 days https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-is-this-taking-so-long/7fdd86a9-55ec-4c44-8262-d07abb8bcbfe
  4. Why is this taking so long

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Laptop Welcome screen Takes So So long to open

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop Welcome screen Takes So So long to open: Hello GuysI Have A problem with my LaptopThe welcome screen takes Way Way so long to openI think it is supposed to be like 3 seconds but for me, it takes like a minutemy laptop is Asus ROG G551VW and here are the componentsGraphics Driver: Nvidia Geforce GTX 960MProcessor :...
  6. Laptop Welcome screen Takes So So long to open

Laptop Welcome screen Takes So So long to open: Hello GuysI Have A problem with my LaptopThe welcome screen takes Way Way so long to openI think it is supposed to be like 3 seconds but for me, it takes like a minutemy laptop is Asus ROG G551VW and here are the componentsGraphics Driver: Nvidia Geforce GTX 960MProcessor :...
  7. Why does Microsoft Word take so long to open?

Why does Microsoft Word take so long to open?: Hi, When i click on Microsoft Word, the "egg timer" thing runs for ages, before it opens. Why is this? Is it partly because i dont have a SSD? Or is it because i have malware in the laptop...slowing it up?
  8. Why does Microsoft Word take so long to open?

Why does Microsoft Word take so long to open?: Hi, When i click on Microsoft Word, the "egg timer" thing runs for ages, before it opens. Why is this? Is it partly because i dont have a SSD? Or is it because i have malware in the laptop...slowing it up?
  9. Computer Log In takes so long.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Computer Log In takes so long.: My computer has been logging in really slowly. When I turn off my computer, when I log in, its take like a full 5 minutes to wait for it to log in. Also when I log in my computer closes all my tabs and says it closed unexpectedly, even though I only set it to sleep....
  10. Update taking so long

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Update taking so long: I started the whole process like an hour ago and it’s at 18%. I need to get my school work done for today and i would really appreciate info of why it’s taking so long and if there’s anyway to make it faster. Thanks in advance. submitted by /u/iLovePotatoes__ [link]...