Windows 10: Apps blacked and not opening

Discus and support Apps blacked and not opening in Microsoft Windows 10 Store to solve the problem; So I just recently upgraded my Sister's laptop from 8.1 to 10 pro. After setting up all stuffs and updating drivers etc. I downloaded Minecraft and... Discussion in 'Microsoft Windows 10 Store' started by Redyna, Jun 11, 2021.

1. Redyna Win User

Apps blacked and not opening

So I just recently upgraded my Sister's laptop from 8.1 to 10 pro. After setting up all stuffs and updating drivers etc. I downloaded Minecraft and other things for her. Next day We saw the default apps aren't opening as well as apps and games from store. They're all black and have a bar like how it looks when updating apps from store. The problem is even Ms store is isn't opening and I'm all locked up. Tried clean booting,resetting apps and troubleshooting but none of it work. Here down there's a picture of how things are. Please Help

:)

Redyna, Jun 11, 2021
  2. Brink Win User

Mail app will not open on 10041.

Hello Adam,

This is the suggested solution below if you haven't already tried it. Apps blacked and not opening :)

In this Windows 10 build 10041, the Mail, Calendar, and People apps may be broken due to a licensing issue with the Store Beta. To get these apps working again, you need to follow these steps:

• Open powershell as administrator
    • Run the command Get-appxprovisionedpackage –online | where-object {$_.packagename –like “*windowscommunicationsapps*”} | remove-appxprovisionedpackage –online
    • Re-install Mail, People and Calendar from the Store (green tile)

Brink, Jun 11, 2021
  3. Callender Win User
    Can I customize the list of suggest apps in the "Open with" menu?

You can't use it to add additional programs, only to set default programs.

Interestingly for me it shows nothing for text files:

Apps blacked and not opening [​IMG]

Then if I want to add a portable app like Jarte Plus to open with context menu windows doesn't like it.

It's not present and is near impossible to add even via "look for an app on this PC"

OpenWithAdd to the rescue:

Result:

Callender, Jun 11, 2021
  4. Edwin Win User

Mail app will not open on 10041.

Hey Shawn,
    I did that to no avail, then I ran WSReset.exe; now I'm good on all 3, Mail, Calendar and People! *Confused
    Go figure!

Store Cache - Clear in Windows 8

Edwin, Jun 11, 2021
Thema:

1. Apps blacked and not opening - Similar Threads - Apps blacked opening

2. Temporary Black Screen After Opening an App

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Temporary Black Screen After Opening an App: So just recently I have been having an "issue" where when I open an app like a video game, there is a sudden black screen for 1-3 seconds, but then the screen resumes to the app. I wouldn't consider it an issue, as it is not something where my screen stays black, it is just...
  3. Temporary Black Screen After Opening an App

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Temporary Black Screen After Opening an App: So just recently I have been having an "issue" where when I open an app like a video game, there is a sudden black screen for 1-3 seconds, but then the screen resumes to the app. I wouldn't consider it an issue, as it is not something where my screen stays black, it is just...
  4. Multiple apps Don't open the ones that are black

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Multiple apps Don't open the ones that are black: the apps that are black don't open nothing happens when I click on them what should I do? plzz https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/multiple-apps-dont-open-the-ones-that-are-black/313d63ec-e91f-4ca6-ab64-f8edebf94a96
  5. Multiple apps Don't open the ones that are black

Multiple apps Don't open the ones that are black: the apps that are black don't open nothing happens when I click on them what should I do? plzz https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/multiple-apps-dont-open-the-ones-that-are-black/313d63ec-e91f-4ca6-ab64-f8edebf94a96
  6. Photos App opens with black screen

Photos App opens with black screen: Good day I am experiencing a problem where the Windows 10 photos application is opening black images and this started a couple of weeks ago. The files can be opened on a different machine and I can also open the files using IrfanView on the same PC Dell Vostro 3500 with...
  7. Apps Won't Open/Crashes, Blacking Screen And Lagging

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Apps Won't Open/Crashes, Blacking Screen And Lagging: I have encountered problems in computer and I don't know how to fix it, help me!At first, apps simply opens or crashes. This first occurred at about last month, and OneNote2019 doesn't open or work anymore, followed by ToDo, followed by all of these programs, which started...
  8. Photos App opens with blank / black screen

Photos App opens with blank / black screen: Photos App open with blank / black screen. Just started recently and is sporadic. I have re-installed, still does it, and it is sporadic .. not clear if its associated w/ file size, type, or whatever. The app open with a black screen I have dark mode on. I have to close and...
  9. App wndows open black

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    App wndows open black: have black rectangle when opening word, excel, task manager, etc. Can't close. Can't use. Help? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/app-wndows-open-black/b1427743-54a7-4097-81a2-02b87b0ce5ef
  10. windows apps as a black box and start stays open

windows apps as a black box and start stays open: since today all my windows apps, like skype preview, control panel, winows store and such all do start but they show a small black box when hovered over in the toolbar and when clicked appear for half a second then disapear, even start stays open when clicked on an empty spot...