Windows 10: Apps &Browser

Discus and support Apps &Browser in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Dear Microsoft Community, -My computer is DELL>Windows 10 Home, version 1903. PROBLEM. -Apps & Browser CONTROLE has NO PROVIDER!... WHY? -Did find... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Jean Pierre Van Der, Oct 9, 2019 at 10:57 AM.

1. Apps &Browser

Dear Microsoft Community,

-My computer is DELL>Windows 10 Home, version 1903.

PROBLEM.

-Apps & Browser CONTROLE has NO PROVIDER!... WHY?

-Did find it out by WHO's PROTECTING ME If you go to....>Virus & threat protection.(Click on it & you got CURRENT THREATS)

-Click on...………> ( BLUE!) Manage providers

-Then you see; Who's protecting me?

-Antivirus...……..>ON Manage providers

- Firewall...……….>ON

- WEB Protection>NO PROVIDER!!!???

-Is there anyone with the same problem or had the same problem?

Please, how do you solve this problem?

Thank you Microsoft community.

:)

Jean Pierre Van Der, Oct 9, 2019 at 10:57 AM

2. defualt browser

Hi Llyan,

If you're having issues with setting a default browser, it can be due to some changes in the configuration settings. To assist you with your concern, we recommend that you set your preferred browser as the default by following the steps listed below:

• Type Settings in the Search bar and press
      Enter
    • Choose System then click on Default apps.
    • Scroll down, and click Set defaults by app option.
    • Click on your preferred browser, then click Choose defaults for this program.
    • Click Select all, then Save.

Let us know how it goes after performing the suggested steps.

3. Arun B J Win User
    Setting Chrome as my default browser - Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern regarding the issue that you are facing.

I would suggest you to try these steps to see if it resolves the issue.

• Go to Start > Settings > System.
    • Choose Default apps, then scroll down to
      Web browser.
    • Tap or click the browser that’s currently listed as your default, then choose Chrome from the list of apps

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help

4. Apps &Browser

Changing default browser to IE and wifi issues

Hi Ed,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

• In desktop search, type default app settings and select the result.

• Under Web browser, click the current browser (EDGE).

• Choose Internet Explorer and set it as
      default.

Hope it helps.

SujataMoktan, Oct 9, 2019 at 11:23 AM
Thema:

Apps &Browser

1. Apps &Browser - Similar Threads - Apps &Browser

2. Can't sign into the microsoft store app - works fine in browser.

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Can't sign into the microsoft store app - works fine in browser.: I'm having trouble signing into the Microsoft store. Initially I was trying to set up my Xbox app but when signing in I keep getting the following error: "A specified logon session does note exist. It may already have been terminated" I tried reinstalling the Microsoft...
  3. Apps & Browser controle has NO PROVIDER?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Apps & Browser controle has NO PROVIDER?: Dear Microsoft community, -I did just find out in "Virus & Threat protection" that "Apps & Browser Controle " HAVE NO PROVIDER!...Why is that? -My computer is Dell>setting(s)=Windows 10 Home, Version 1903. Thank you community. * Moved from Edge/Favorites...
  4. Apps & browser control, check apps and files blurred out

Apps & browser control, check apps and files blurred out: When I go to "Check files and apps", it is blurred out. Stating, "This setting is managed by your administrator." When I go to my profile, it states, "PC Local Account Administrator". So I am not sure what to do....
  5. Switched to a local account and no longer have the browser and other apps I installed from...

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Switched to a local account and no longer have the browser and other apps I installed from...: Hi, everyone.. I'm hoping someone can help me. I just got a new pc, and I inadvertently created a Microsoft account to log into my computer. I HATED that my full name was listed, and I also just PREFER to have a local account. (I had to search high and low to find out how...
  6. Windows 10 says "No internet, secured", browsers can access internet, Microsoft Store apps...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 says "No internet, secured", browsers can access internet, Microsoft Store apps...: I'm running Windows 10 Pro version 1903 on a Surface Book. I can connect to my home wifi network just fine and browse the internet on Chrome, Firefox, and Edge. However, the networking icon in the system tray appears as a globe and slashed-circle. Hovering the mouse cursor...
  7. App and Browser Control?

App and Browser Control?: I would just like to know what is the difference between Warn and Block? Would selecting Block prevent users bypassing the warning prompts for users? If yes, then since I am the only one using my own laptop and no one else, would it be fine to just leave it as Warn which is...
  8. Internet Browsers Fluctuating from Apps to Background Processes

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Internet Browsers Fluctuating from Apps to Background Processes: Hello, I am noticing that my internet browsers fluctuate from "Apps" to "Background Processes" in the Task Manager. May I ask how can I adjust it so that it stops running as a "Background Process"? On occasion, I will see that there are programs that are hidden from the...
  9. Internet Browsers Fluctuating from Apps to Background Processes

Internet Browsers Fluctuating from Apps to Background Processes: Hello, I am noticing that my internet browsers fluctuate from "Apps" to "Background Processes" in the Task Manager. May I ask how can I adjust it so that it stops running as a "Background Process"? On occasion, I will see that there are programs that are hidden from the...
  10. Windows Defender Settings App And Browser Control Wont Change to warn

Windows Defender Settings App And Browser Control Wont Change to warn: Hello, I am trying to have more control over my system and trying to switch the windows smart screen settings to warn instead of block, however whenever I do this, and exit out, when i go back to check the settings have taken affect they revert back to their original block...