Windows 10: Apps can't make changes to my device

Discus and support Apps can't make changes to my device in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I'm not entirely sure what happened, but I now have no access/ capability to allow apps to make changes on my windows 10 laptop. This means I can't... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by EthanJacobs, Sep 18, 2019.

1. Apps can't make changes to my device

I'm not entirely sure what happened, but I now have no access/ capability to allow apps to make changes on my windows 10 laptop. This means I can't download any new software because every time I try to, I'm prompted to allow the app access, which I can no longer do with no "yes" option. Does anyone know how I can correct this and (ideally) set the configurations so that I'm an administrator for all future processes? Appreciate any help anyone can provide.
    Apps can't make changes to my device 1698ad79-ecf0-430e-88c6-9c23c1157605?upload=true.png

:)

EthanJacobs, Sep 18, 2019
  2. Sasqui Win User

Overclocking / Undervolting guide for Vega 56 or 64?

Here's a quick laundry list:

List of software to use for overclocking and testing
    Examples:
    Wattman (and how to find and use it, like an overview, including profiles)
    Unigine Valley or Heaven (use this for quick testing while changing settings in Wattman and checking for stability / artifacts) ...just suggesting this
    How to monitor cores / mem speeds and temps during testing (I've seen screen overlays, and others using GPUz)

Step-by step overclocking in Wattman
    Fan speeds
    Power limit
    Temp limit
    Voltages
    Core speeds
    Memory speeds

Sasqui, Sep 18, 2019
  3. zbook Win User
    BSOD - Inaccessible Boot Device

The reset save files equivalent if successful should be the quickest method to get you backup and running.

The backup files then clean install is the best option as you fix many problems and start fresh.

The command prompt commands are all trial and error.

Code:
    Code:
    1) bcdedit /enum  2) bcdedit | find "osdevice"  (note the partition drive letter displayed in the result as this drive letter will be used in many of the later commands)

Code:
    Code:
    3) diskpart  list disk  list volume  select disk 0  detail disk  list partition  select partition 1  detail partition  select partition 2  detail partition  select partition 3  detail partition  select partition 4  detail partition  select partition 5  detail partition  select disk 1  detail disk  list partition  select partition 1  detail partition  select partition 2  detail partition  select partition 3  detail partition  select partition 4  detail partition  select disk 2  detail disk  list partition  select partition 1  detail partition  select partition 2  detail partition  select partition 3  detail partition  select partition 4  detail partition  select disk 3  detail disk  list partition  select partition 1  detail partition  select partition 2  detail partition  select partition 3  detail partition  select partition 4  detail partition  select disk 4  detail disk  list partition  select disk 5  detail disk  list partition  select disk 6  detail disk  list partition  exit  (post an image of the results into the thread)

Code:
    Code:
    4) chkdsk /r /v T:  (replace the drive letter T: with the partition drive letter displayed in the result for step 2)  (This may take many hours and typically displays ETA)  (reboot to run the command)  (post an image of the result into the thread)  (reboot after the command completes to check the boot)  (reopen command prompt for the next step)

Code:
    Code:
    5) dism /image:T:\ /cleanup-image /revertpendingactions  (change the drive letter T: to the drive letter displayed in the result for step #2)  (reboot after the command completes)  (reopen command prompt to run the next command)

Code:
    Code:
    6) dism /Image:T:\ /Get-Packages  (change the drive letter T: to the drive letter displayed in the results of step #2)  (Run the following command on the last installed package:  example: dism.exe /image:T:\ /remove-package /packagename:Package_for_KB4014329~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~10.0.1.0  (change the drive letter T: to the partition drive letter displayed in step #2)  (Reboot)  (perform this command on multiple KB as needed to go back in time to before there were boot problems)

Code:
    Code:
    7) sfc /scannow /offbootdir=T:\ /offwindir=T:\windows  (change the drive letters T: to the drive letter displayed in result for step #2)  (This command may take a while to run)  (post an image of the results into the thread)  (reboot to check the boot)  (open command prompt for the next step)

Code:
    Code:
    8) bootrec /fixmbr  9) bootrec /fixboot  10) bootrec /scanos  11) bootrec /rebuildbcd  (post an image of the result into the thread)  (reboot after the command completes to check the boot)

zbook, Sep 18, 2019
  4. Apps can't make changes to my device

Cortana will not sync with my andoid device cortana app and the windows 10 pc embedded app!

Hello Devin,

There are several workarounds that we can perform for us to troubleshoot the problem with your
    Cortana on your Android device. In the meantime, we suggest that you follow these steps:

• On your Android device, open Settings.
    • Go to Application Manager.
    • Select the Cortana app.
    • Tap on Clear Cache.
    • Reset your device.

Let us know if the these steps resolve the issue.

Lawrence Lib, Sep 18, 2019
Thema:

Apps can't make changes to my device

1. Apps can't make changes to my device - Similar Threads - Apps can't changes

2. Cannot allow games or apps to make changes to my device

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot allow games or apps to make changes to my device: When I go to install things or run games the games ask for permission to make changes to my device, as anything you install would. But when I go to open or install a game I hear the noise when the prompt comes up but I never see it and I can no longer install games or run...
  3. Cannot allow games or apps to make changes to my device

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot allow games or apps to make changes to my device: When I go to install things or run games the games ask for permission to make changes to my device, as anything you install would. But when I go to open or install a game I hear the noise when the prompt comes up but I never see it and I can no longer install games or run...
  4. Windows does not allow me to accept that an app will make changes to my device

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Windows does not allow me to accept that an app will make changes to my device: I have been struggling to download and update applications and have had to mess with various things regarding the admin properties to get things to work. However, when I try to install a new version of Git, I am prompted "Do you want to allow this app to make changes to your...
  5. Windows does not allow me to accept that an app will make changes to my device

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows does not allow me to accept that an app will make changes to my device: I have been struggling to download and update applications and have had to mess with various things regarding the admin properties to get things to work. However, when I try to install a new version of Git, I am prompted "Do you want to allow this app to make changes to your...
  6. "allow this app to make changes to your device" not wokring

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "allow this app to make changes to your device" not wokring: whenever i download something new and open it, i get that message and click yes, but when i click yes nothing happens. the message tab disappears and the app doesn't open. can anyone help?...
  7. "allow this app to make changes to your device" not wokring

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    "allow this app to make changes to your device" not wokring: whenever i download something new and open it, i get that message and click yes, but when i click yes nothing happens. the message tab disappears and the app doesn't open. can anyone help?...
  8. "allow this app to make changes to your device" not wokring

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  9. Can't change App Volume and Device preferences

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can't change App Volume and Device preferences: [ATTACH] Does anyone know how to fix this problem? I can't find anything online about it. I usually have things that I can change. but for some reason they aren't here anymore...
  10. Allow app to make changes to your device

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Allow app to make changes to your device: You know that popup you get when opening an exe file that asks if you want to allow the app to change files (I think it's done to prevent viruses so when you click you know it could change the files), but why some other exe files (like a certain unity game) will not ask that...