Windows 10: Apps can’t open storage missing or disconnected

Discus and support Apps can’t open storage missing or disconnected in Microsoft Windows 10 Store to solve the problem; I have windows installed to a Samsung 960 Evo 500GB NVME SSD C:, while all of my documents and media are on a Sabrent 1TB NVME SSD G:. I have all of my... Discussion in 'Microsoft Windows 10 Store' started by tbone338, Apr 27, 2020.

1. tbone338 Win User

Apps can’t open storage missing or disconnected

I have windows installed to a Samsung 960 Evo 500GB NVME SSD C:, while all of my documents and media are on a Sabrent 1TB NVME SSD G:. I have all of my windows apps and programs on a Seagate Barracuda 2TB HDD H:. I have another Samsung 860 Evo 2TB SATA SSD E: that is dedicated to games. This is the drive that various launchers are installed to steam, blizzard, etc and their games, as well as the drive that I use to install games to from the Microsoft store. My N: drive has one Microsoft app that can't be moved to C: I would love to move this app to C: it is HEIF Image Extensions.

The problem is that almost every time I boot my pc, Microsoft apps that are installed to E: and N: are greyed out and when I click them, windows says “this app can’t open. App Title is offline. The storage might be missing or disconnected” Sometimes rebooting fixes the issue temporarily, but not always. It only happens to apps on the E: and N: drive, it doesn’t happen to any of the Microsoft store apps installed on the H: or C: drive.

All of the apps installed to my E: drive are games from the Microsoft store and when I install them it prompts me which device to install them to, I choose E:

I know the drives are connected. The drives function normally in windows explorer and I can launch any other non-Microsoft store apps from them fine. When the apps are available, they launch and function fine.

If I move the apps to H: or C: the issue goes away only for the apps I move, but I would like to keep the apps on E: I did find that a 100% temporary solution is to go into disk management and put the drive offline and then back online again. This instantly fixes the issue until another boot.

I have windows 10 pro. It is fully up to date and all Microsoft store apps are up to date. I've tried reinstalling windows twice while keeping apps, files, and settings.

:)

tbone338, Apr 27, 2020
  2. Brink Win User

Mail app will not open on 10041.

Hello Adam,

This is the suggested solution below if you haven't already tried it. Apps can’t open storage missing or disconnected :)

In this Windows 10 build 10041, the Mail, Calendar, and People apps may be broken due to a licensing issue with the Store Beta. To get these apps working again, you need to follow these steps:

• Open powershell as administrator
    • Run the command Get-appxprovisionedpackage –online | where-object {$_.packagename –like “*windowscommunicationsapps*”} | remove-appxprovisionedpackage –online
    • Re-install Mail, People and Calendar from the Store (green tile)

Brink, Apr 27, 2020
  3. dalchina Win User
    Window's Default Photo Program Cant Open My Images Anymore.. Help!!!

Suggest you link your other thread to this. Best not to raise 2 separate threads on the same PC - the problems could have an underlying cause.

phantom app on my app list called - Windows 10 Forums
    may give you a clue

Try searching for your error message, which I've captured for you using a free screen OCR program:
    ms-resource:AppFriendIyName can't open because it cannot be found. The storage device might
    be missing or disconnected.

dalchina, Apr 27, 2020
  4. Edwin Win User

Mail app will not open on 10041.

Hey Shawn,
    I did that to no avail, then I ran WSReset.exe; now I'm good on all 3, Mail, Calendar and People! *Confused
    Go figure!

Store Cache - Clear in Windows 8

Edwin, Apr 27, 2020
Thema:

1. Apps can’t open storage missing or disconnected - Similar Threads - Apps can’t open

2. *Game Name* can’t open because it is offline. The storage device might be missing or...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    *Game Name* can’t open because it is offline. The storage device might be missing or...: I've gone through https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/account-billing/fix-problems-with-apps-from-microsoft-store-93ed0bcf-9c12-3df6-6dda-92ec5d0415ac to attempt to resolve the issue but still running into the same problem. When I tried to "get" the game i run into error...
  3. *Game Name* can’t open because it is offline. The storage device might be missing or...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    *Game Name* can’t open because it is offline. The storage device might be missing or...: I've gone through https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/account-billing/fix-problems-with-apps-from-microsoft-store-93ed0bcf-9c12-3df6-6dda-92ec5d0415ac to attempt to resolve the issue but still running into the same problem. When I tried to "get" the game i run into error...
  4. This app can't open - the storage device might be missing or disconnected.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    This app can't open - the storage device might be missing or disconnected.: Hello,I have an issue with Starfield, but not only this one also others.But lets start from the beginning. About 2 months ago I've bought 2TB nVME SSD disk drive. Installed it in m.2 port on my motherboard and lived on. Moved few games from Xbox Game Pass to this new storage...
  5. This app can't open - the storage device might be missing or disconnected.

This app can't open - the storage device might be missing or disconnected.: Hello,I have an issue with Starfield, but not only this one also others.But lets start from the beginning. About 2 months ago I've bought 2TB nVME SSD disk drive. Installed it in m.2 port on my motherboard and lived on. Moved few games from Xbox Game Pass to this new storage...
  6. Can’t open any apps!

Can’t open any apps!: Hello, I can’t open a single app on windows 11 apart from file explorer. Please help. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-open-any-apps/7a4e70a8-5d56-41c0-ab3c-737855f89d60
  7. [Title] can’t open because it is offline. The storage device might be missing or disconnected

[Title] can’t open because it is offline. The storage device might be missing or disconnected: Hello all, Almost every App I have acquired via the Microsoft Store is returning the following error when I try to run it: [Title] can’t open because it is offline. The storage device might be missing or disconnected. Mostly, these are games from within the XBox Beta App...
  8. Windows apps can’t open storage offline or disconnected. Only Specific drives

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Windows apps can’t open storage offline or disconnected. Only Specific drives: I have various Microsoft store apps on C drive, H drive, E drive, and N drive all internal drives. I have "New apps are saved to" as the H drive. Whenever I boot, windows keeps saying that the apps on E and N only these drives are offline and that the storage device is...
  9. App can’t open (storage missing or disconnected)

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    App can’t open (storage missing or disconnected): I recently got a free trial of Xbox game pass. I have windows installed to a Samsung 960 Evo 500GB NVME SSD (C:), while all of my documents and media are on a Seagate Barracuda 2TB HDD (H:). All of my windows store apps and programs are also installed to the H: drive. I have...
  10. This App Can’t Open

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    This App Can’t Open: [IMG]this keeps happening when i try to open up rust any way to fix it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/this-app-cant-open/accfafc2-a9c0-4b71-9808-105ffffc11bf