Windows 10: Apps close when minimizing them

Discus and support Apps close when minimizing them in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hello, I have an issue with certain apps that always close when I left-click them on the taskbar or minimize them in the window. Whenever I click... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/FreeRangeHumans, Jan 10, 2021.

1. Apps close when minimizing them

Hello, I have an issue with certain apps that always close when I left-click them on the taskbar or minimize them in the window. Whenever I click certain apps, they will just automatically close and I’ll have to re-launch them. The same thing happens when I click minimize. What’s weird is that this doesn’t happen with all apps (some apps will minimize and maximize like normal and won’t close when I click minimize), only certain ones.

I have tried researching this extensively already and tried looking at the Taskbar settings, nothing seems to work. Any thoughts? Thank you.

submitted by /u/FreeRangeHumans
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/FreeRangeHumans, Jan 10, 2021

2. Programs closing when clicking on Minimize

When I click minimize no error appears it just closes like when I press the X button.

I did research and nothing came up about it so no I have not done any troubleshooting steps.

Matthew20cats, Jan 10, 2021
  3. Apps closing automatically after minimizing them...ys

Guys I'm using Nokia Lumia 930 with Windows 10 and encountered an issue with third party installed apps - when I minimize an app, after few seconds it closes automatically but appears in the task list. When I tap on the app it loads again... So frustrating
    please help I tried all background app options and nothing helped me I'm confused to reopening the apps everytime I minimized them............

VelizarPeshev000, Jan 10, 2021
  4. Apps close when minimizing them

App close and minimize on the taskbar

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand the inconvenience that you are experiencing. I will definitely assist you.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if that helps.

Method 1:

Run the Windows Store Apps troubleshooter and check if it helps. This troubleshooter will help you fix common issues with Windows Store.

a. Press Windows + X
    keys and click on Control Panel.

b. Click on Troubleshooting.

c. Click on View all and search for "Windows Store Apps" troubleshooter.

d. Click on the troubleshooter and follow the prompts to run the troubleshooter.

Method 2:

If the issue persists, you may run the Deployment Image Servicing and Management (DISM) tool which fixes the Windows corruption error if there are any. Follow the steps:

• Press Windows+X.

• Click on Command Prompt (Admin).

• Type the command DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth
        and hit Enter.

Hope the information helps. please let us know if the issue persist and we will be happy to assist you further

Nachappa C K, Jan 10, 2021
Thema:

Apps close when minimizing them

1. Apps close when minimizing them - Similar Threads - Apps close minimizing

2. Apps are being closed when minimized

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Apps are being closed when minimized: My laptop, Samsung Galaxy Book GO keeps closing my apps when i minimize them. I asked Samsung and they said it might be in the system tray...but it isn't there......
  3. Apps are being closed when minimized

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Apps are being closed when minimized: My laptop, Samsung Galaxy Book GO keeps closing my apps when i minimize them. I asked Samsung and they said it might be in the system tray...but it isn't there......
  4. Almost every program and app closes immediately when opening them

Almost every program and app closes immediately when opening them: Hello!So I just got this issue out of nowhere that almost every program, app and game I try to open closes immediately. This even affects programs like Edge Chromium, Sound, Notepad, Troubleshooter, Event Viewer and so on so I can't check what might cause the issue because I...
  5. Your Phone app - minimize on close?

Your Phone app - minimize on close?: Is there not a function to keep the my phone app in the taskbar or minimize on close rather than close the app itself? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/your-phone-app-minimize-on-close/b06412f1-7c3c-444d-89cf-0aaed84a98ef
  6. All of my microsoft apps close immediately after I open them they minimize to tool bar

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    All of my microsoft apps close immediately after I open them they minimize to tool bar: I have tried everything including system restore. Nothing is helping. Even my "settings" when I click on it minimizes immediately. This happened once before and I somehow got it working again but it has been weeks now. It is driving me crazy....
  7. How to make Zoom windows app close when pressing "close" instead of minimize to the taskbar?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to make Zoom windows app close when pressing "close" instead of minimize to the taskbar?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Scbr24 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/fpltr3/how_to_make_zoom_windows_app_close_when_pressing/
  8. Programs minimizing when my cursor is not on them.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Programs minimizing when my cursor is not on them.: So basically when I click on a program on the task bar it appears on the desktop. But when my cursor moves away from the taskbar even by 1 pixel the program I just opened getsminimized. I can open it again by putting my cursor on the desktop on the place the program just was...
  9. Edge closes when minimized

in Browsers and Email
    Edge closes when minimized: Hello, while I am online and if I minimize the window, Edge closes. This seems to be happening after the most recent update to Windows Defender. Can someone help? Thank you 120625
  10. Edge closes when minimized

in Windows 10 Support
    Edge closes when minimized: Hello, while I am online and if I minimize the window, Edge closes. This seems to be happening after the most recent update to Windows Defender. Can someone help? Thank you 120625