Windows 10: Apps closing down without warning or error message

Discus and support Apps closing down without warning or error message in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Since installing the latest windows update a couple of months ago, office apps and chrome just shut down suddenly with no warning or error message.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by JULIEANNEHUGHES, Sep 28, 2018.

1. Apps closing down without warning or error message

Since installing the latest windows update a couple of months ago, office apps and chrome just shut down suddenly with no warning or error message. Sometimes they are fine for long periods of time and then will close several times in rapid succession. What is going on and what can I do?

:)

JULIEANNEHUGHES, Sep 28, 2018

2. Close all tabs warning disabled after update KB3116900

Hi,

Thank you for providing us the details.

I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.

• Press Windows + R keys, opens the Run Command.
    • Type inetcpl.cpl and hit Enter.
    • Under General Tab, select Tabs.
    • Select if the Warn me when closing the multiple tabs is
      checked
    Keep us posted to help you better.

Sachin Venkatesh, Sep 28, 2018
  3. newtekie1 Win User
    Can't share printer—getting error message

Step 1: Go to store.
    Step 2: Buy a less shitty printer.
    Step 3: Pick up some beer while you are there.
    Step 4: Enjoy both your new printer and your beer.

In all seriousness, I have had more issues with Lexmark printers and their shitty drivers then any other manufacturer, HP is a close second though.

However, if you don't want to get a new printer*Laugh :laugh:, and I can understand that, when my Lexmark was giving me the same troubles in Win7(and Vista) I had to make sure the Windows firewall was ON and the firewall service was enabled and running. After I shared it I could re-disable the firewall and firewall services.

newtekie1, Sep 28, 2018
  4. Apps closing down without warning or error message

Windows Update Error Message 0x80070543

Ya Ya Ya, there's over a hundred threads like this, ...

Anyway, started getting this error message a few days ago, and done a lot of searching on this error message, apparently it's not, uncommon.

In particular, the (currently) 4 updates that are being affected are:
    • Update for Windows 10 Version 1511 (KB3173428) - Error 0x80070543
    • Security Update for Windows 10 Version 1511 (KB3172729) - Error 0x80070543
    • Security Update for Adobe Flash Player for Windows 10 Version 1511 (KB3174060) - Error 0x80070543
    • Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 1511 (KB3176493) - Error 0x80070543

The actions I've taken to date are:
    1. Uninstalled firewall program (comodo)
    2. Uninstalled anti-virus (Avast)
    3. Reset the windows update catalog on local machine.

So the above errors are with the above done.

What other steps should I be taking to resolve the issue?

Below is notations for when I actually add to this thread.

1. Attempted to use the troubleshooter, no dice.

cDreamDancer, Sep 28, 2018
Thema:

Apps closing down without warning or error message

1. Apps closing down without warning or error message - Similar Threads - Apps closing down

2. Windows 11 shutting down without warning.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 shutting down without warning.: Just as the title says, the system is randomly shutting down without warning. The event viewer shows event 6008 unexpected shutdown or it shows event 1074 user initiated shutdown with reason code 0x500ff and offers no further explanation. I have re-installed the OS. I have...
  3. Windows 11 shutting down without warning.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 shutting down without warning.: Just as the title says, the system is randomly shutting down without warning. The event viewer shows event 6008 unexpected shutdown or it shows event 1074 user initiated shutdown with reason code 0x500ff and offers no further explanation. I have re-installed the OS. I have...
  4. Laptop shuts down without warning

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Laptop shuts down without warning: My Windows 10 Home Basic laptop has been shutting down without any warnings or even a shutting down message, just blanks out and loss of power. Then it does not power on until I plug it in with a charger. And once after it is plugged in, it boots up and suddenly the battery...
  5. computer is shutting down without warning

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    computer is shutting down without warning: My win10 home shuts down without warning since a few days. It does not matter whether it's on high load or just idling. It will just shut down. It does not crash, nor bsod, windows just shuts down. I have since tried a lot of solutions, from changing power settings to...
  6. Apps keep closing without warning

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Apps keep closing without warning: I am running Window 10 and since the last windows update the following apps keep closing without any warning. OneNote for Windows 10 Microsoft To Do Microsoft Office Your Phone I had downloaded all of these apps from the Microsoft Store. I have tried resetting the apps,...
  7. My computer shut down without warning.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    My computer shut down without warning.: I used my computer for a while but then it shut down without warning. I turned it back on and 5 minutes later, it shut down again. If I wait a long time I am able to use it for longer. If I turn it back on immediately, I'm only able to use it for a short time. How do I fix...
  8. Background & Foreground Programs Crash without Warning or Error Message

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Background & Foreground Programs Crash without Warning or Error Message: Been having this issue for a while now. It started happening once every month or so but now it's happening almost weekly. The majority of all background and foreground programs crash simultaneously for no explicit reason and is quickly becoming problematic and I've been...
  9. iTunes closing without warning

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    iTunes closing without warning: Lately I have been having trouble with iTunes closing minutes after I open the application. There is no warning that it will close and no crash report after it. I have followed Apples instructions in regards to removing all Apple related apps from my computer and have...
  10. Streaming programs randomly close without warning?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Streaming programs randomly close without warning?: After this major features update for windows from the April 2018 Update. It seems like all streaming programs from Xsplit, GameDVR, and OBS just randomly close without warning or real error....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows closing down error message

2. fb closing with no warning