Windows 10: Apps closing randomly

Discus and support Apps closing randomly in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Okay today i launched steam and when i got to login in it just closes so i went to google to find a fix but that closed itself too,later i needed to do... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by NebojsaZeljicc, Jan 14, 2021 at 4:52 AM.

1. Apps closing randomly

Okay today i launched steam and when i got to login in it just closes so i went to google to find a fix but that closed itself too,later i needed to do some work trough word bum it closes itself,what should i do

:)

NebojsaZeljicc, Jan 14, 2021 at 4:52 AM

2. Windows randomly closes

My windows will randomly just close at odd times. Any suggestions?

MelissaPhilbert, Jan 14, 2021 at 4:55 AM
  3. Unable to close Calculator app on Windows 10.

Hi,

To assist you better, I would like to ask if the issue persists with other Windows Apps as well.

I suggest you to press/hold the left click button on the title bar of the calculator and drag the Windows to shrink the size of the Windows and check if the close (X) option appears. If the issue still persists, then suggest you to run the Windows Store
    Apps troubleshooter by following the steps provided below:

• Type “Troubleshooting” in search box and press Enter.
    • Click on View all on top left pane.
    • Select “Windows Store Apps” from the list and follow the prompts for troubleshooting.

Hope this helps. Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Eeshwar Kumar, Jan 14, 2021 at 4:55 AM
  4. Apps closing randomly

Windows Apps automatically closes

hey,

I suggest you to perform the following steps one by one and check if it helps.

• Running the App troubleshooter
    Run the App troubleshooter named Windows store Apps from control Panel and check if it helps.

If not then,

• Perform System File Check (SFC)
    Follow the steps:

a. Press “Windows Key + Q” to open search Bar.

b. Type cmd without quotes in the search box.

c. On the left pane, right click on the “cmd” option and select “Run as Administrator”.

d. Type sfc /scannow’ without quotes and hit enter.

If still not helps then,

• run the System update readiness command. It detects incorrect manifests, cabinets or registry data, it may replace the incorrect data with corrected version available. Follow the steps.
    • Press Windows key + X.
    • Click command prompt (Run as administrator).
    • In the Administrator: Command Prompt window, type the following commands. Press Enter key after each command:
    DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Scanhealth

DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth

To close the Administrator: Command prompt window, type Exit, and then press Enter.

Reply back with the results would be happy to help.

Sumit Dhiman2, Jan 14, 2021 at 4:55 AM
Thema:

Apps closing randomly

1. Apps closing randomly - Similar Threads - Apps closing randomly

2. Programs keep closing randomly

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Programs keep closing randomly: I'm having a problem where opening a program causes a bunch of other programs to close. For example, if I have my anti-virus open and try to open steam, steam opens but the AV closes. When I check task manager, the AV is still open in the background, and when I reopen the AV...
  3. Programme opens and closes at random

in Windows 10 Customization
    Programme opens and closes at random: Hey everyone. Sometimes, mostly at startup and while I'm playing games, a programme with this icon opens and immediately closes. I apologise for the picture's potato quality, but it's all I could capture. I haven't identified any installed programmes with that icon. I thought...
  4. app closing

in Windows 10 Customization
    app closing: I installed JLPT N4 app. I can open it. When I click on the section "Study Guide" and click start bar it closes. I can go to another section call Quizzes and it seems to work fine. I have gone to app settings and did the reset-did not help. I uninstalled and restored app...
  5. Apps randomly closing

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Apps randomly closing: So I came back to my laptop to see that the battery app that I use to keep the laptop plugged in without charging the battery was missing from the taskbar icons, and my battery percentage went up to 100%. As I looked at the taskbar icons, I noticed them disappearing one by...
  6. Game randomly closing/crashing

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Game randomly closing/crashing: Hello so recently i built my gaming PC and I've been experiencing that the game I'm playing randomly closes/crashes and what i mean by 'closes' is that it just closes as if i would click the red cross or i would go to the Task Manager and ended the game task, i got a few blue...
  7. Random 'crashes'? Closing of applications.

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Random 'crashes'? Closing of applications.: Recently I have an issue where for no apparent reason my windows apps, just all close. No stutter on the PC no freezing in game or in other applications, it all just stops. The Microsoft Store, Xbox Console Companion, and Forza Horizon 4 or Motorsport 7 will all just close...
  8. Every app on my PC is closing at random

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Every app on my PC is closing at random: Today I noticed the preview wouldn't work on file explorer when highlighting photos. I decided to open the Photos app to investigate, but it crashes the instant I open it. A few minutes later, my chrome does the same thing. I tried looking up any fixes, but as I typed the...
  9. Remote Desktop Randomly Closes

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Remote Desktop Randomly Closes: When I try to connect to my work server via Remote Desktop, it randomly closes, sometimes after a few seconds, sometimes after a few minutes. I have Windows 10 Home 1803 17134.407 When I use other computers it works perfectly. I have disabled EVERYTHING and the problem...
  10. games randomly close with no error

in Windows 10 Gaming
    games randomly close with no error: i stopped pc gaming for a while, come back updated everything, all drivers, windows, games and such, but since ive come back to pc gaming all my games just randomly close with no error report, games ranging from runescape to terraria to CS:GO, ive googled what it could be and...