Windows 10: Apps Crash upon Starting In Windows 10

Discus and support Apps Crash upon Starting In Windows 10 in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi Apps immediately crash upon launch in Windows 10. Apps I tried are Mail, Calendar and Store. Device is Surface Go. OS is Windows 10 Home. I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by giiancarlo, Aug 3, 2020.

1. Apps Crash upon Starting In Windows 10

Hi

Apps immediately crash upon launch in Windows 10. Apps I tried are Mail, Calendar and Store. Device is Surface Go. OS is Windows 10 Home. I tried Store, with the idea that I would uninstall Mail and Calendar, then re-install. But, I can't open Store. I tried Resetting Store in Settings>Apps>Store>Advanced Options. That did nothing. Please assist

:)

giiancarlo, Aug 3, 2020
  2. davidhk Win User

Windows 10 Photos app crashing upon opening

May I suggest an alternative : Restore Windows Photo Viewer
    How to Restore Windows Photo Viewer in Windows 10

davidhk, Aug 3, 2020
  3. ALL WINDOWS 10 APPS CRASH AT THE START!!!

Hello,

To determine the solution for your Windows 10 apps crashing problem, kindly answer the following questions:

• Were the apps, referred to your query, downloaded from Windows Store?
    • Were there changes made prior to the issue?
    • When did the issue start to happen?
    • What are the troubleshooting steps that you have performed in an attempt to resolve the problem?

We look forward to your response.

Vanessa Oca, Aug 3, 2020
  4. gmteg Win User

Apps Crash upon Starting In Windows 10

Windows 10 Photos app crashing upon opening

Hi all,

First off, I've tried numerous fixes suggested in other threads with the same issue; they either didn't work or were not an option to me due to this being an issue with multiple computers/users across my organisation.

Quite a few users in my organisation have started crashing upon opening the Photos app (both when opening a photo to view it or simply opening the app) since around a week ago. I've tried reinstalling to no avail, I'm unable to do a system restore to a week ago (seems to have fixed it for others) due to this affecting many users.

Any ideas? Thanks

gmteg, Aug 3, 2020
Thema:

Apps Crash upon Starting In Windows 10

1. Apps Crash upon Starting In Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Apps Crash upon

2. Windows 10 Settings crash upon start up

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 Settings crash upon start up: I can't seem to open my settings app on my Windows 10. When I click "Settings" it only gets stuck on the loading screen see pic below, stays there for a few minutes, then crashes. I've tried making another user then opening Settings there, doesn't work. I've tried WSUS...
  3. Programs crash upon starting them

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Programs crash upon starting them: Hello, since the morning of last Saturday, most programs (including Zoom, Spotify, Cura, some windows repair tools, etc.) Crash after 3 seconds of running them. I reinstalled windows both from the menu and a usb drive. Nothing changed. Any help possible? submitted by...
  4. windows store apps crash upon opening

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    windows store apps crash upon opening: I've tried everything I can, this is a fresh install of windows and I've reinstalled the windows store through power shell. No matter what I do apps in the windows store close half a second after they're opened, and sometimes they don't even open at all...
  5. Windows Store apps crash upon loading screen

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Windows Store apps crash upon loading screen: Not just a single app from the Microsoft Store all of them Microsoft opens just fine but the apps crash all other programs work just fine Tried: Command: powershell -ExecutionPolicy Unrestricted Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register...
  6. Windows 10 Start Menu Keeps Crashing upon Scrolling

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 Start Menu Keeps Crashing upon Scrolling: Hi all, I'm hoping to get some advice with a new issue in my Windows 10: my Start Menu keeps crashing and restarting if I scroll on it. Once I open the Start Menu and scroll it, the Start Menu, together with explorer, crashes after 1 or 2 seconds. It then pops up again...
  7. Roblox App Crashes upon Launching on Windows 10

Roblox App Crashes upon Launching on Windows 10: This has been an ongoing problem since about last month. Before January of this year, the app would launch fine and as intended. However, now I am running into issues with it. Each time I try to launch the Windows Store App version of ROBLOX, it crashes within 1-3 seconds....
  8. Ark: Survival Evoloved Crashing Upon Start Up on Windows 10 PC

Ark: Survival Evoloved Crashing Upon Start Up on Windows 10 PC: Unable to start a DCOM Server: StudioWildcard.4558480580BB9_1.20.778.2_x64__1w2mm55455e38!AppARKSurvivalEvolved as Unavailable/Unavailable. The error: "5" Happened while starting this command: "C:\Program...
  9. Windows 10 Mail and Calendar apps immediately crash upon opening

Windows 10 Mail and Calendar apps immediately crash upon opening: Windows 10 version 1709 Mail and Calendar apps crash immediately after opening. I see the window for the app appear briefly, and then is gone a moment later. I tried running the "Windows Store Apps" troubleshooter, which was able to detect the app crashing problem, but...
  10. Windows 10 Photos app crashing upon opening

Windows 10 Photos app crashing upon opening: Hi all, First off, I've tried numerous fixes suggested in other threads with the same issue; they either didn't work or were not an option to me due to this being an issue with multiple computers/users across my organisation. Quite a few users in my organisation have...