Windows 10: Apps crashing after sleep mode

Discus and support Apps crashing after sleep mode in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; When I come back to my laptop after it being idle or sleep mode the windows I had open before are always black, unable to be clicked on or used until I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Redrex003, Mar 27, 2020.

1. Apps crashing after sleep mode

When I come back to my laptop after it being idle or sleep mode the windows I had open before are always black, unable to be clicked on or used until I cntrl alt delete and close them. Its quite annoying, any fix? Thanks!!

submitted by /u/Redrex003
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Redrex003, Mar 27, 2020

2. Sleep mode

Hi Adam,

For us to better assist with your issue on sleep mode, we'd like to ask a few questions.

• Have you made any updates to your computer before experiencing this issue?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

In the meantime, we suggest that you refer to this thread and follow the answer of Andre
    Da Costa to troubleshoot the issue with sleep mode missing.

You can also refer to this article that was
    created by Andre Da Costa to enable sleep mode.

Looking forward to you response.

Reymichael Ros, Mar 27, 2020
  3. Maria Fab Win User
    app crashes but not in safe mode

Hello Mahmoud,

When an app is working in safe mode and it crashes when your PC is in normal mode, it means that there's a software conflict or problem that's causing it to crash. To better assist you, kindly answer the following:

• Have you recently installed a new app? We suggest that you uninstall the new app, and check if it helps resolve your concern.
    • Do you have any other antivirus software installed on your PC? We suggest that you turn off any antivirus software installed on your PC, and see if you were able to run the app without any issues.
    • Does it happen to a specific app only (the app mentioned above)? We suggest that you contact the software developer, or post in their forum for better assistance.

Please let us know if the issue is resolved or you need any further assistance.

Maria Fab, Mar 27, 2020
  4. Apps crashing after sleep mode

sleep mode

Hi disgruntledWC,

There could be other settings on your computer that triggers your computer to go on sleep even though the sleep settings is set to never. To ensure that the sleep and display settings are properly set, I suggest that you look into the Advanced Power Settings.
    Follow these steps:

• Open Control Panel and click Power Options.
    • On your preferred plan, click Change plan settings.
    • Click advanced power settings.
    • Expand Sleep option, and make sure to set the following:
    Sleep after : Never

Hibernate after : Never

5. Click Apply, then OK.

Please check also the screen saver option.

• Navigate to Settings > Personalization > Lock screen.
    • Click Screen saver settings.
    • Set your Screen saver to None.
    • Click Apply, then OK.

Once done, please observe if your computer still goes to sleep mode after a few minutes of inactivity.

Looking forward to your reply.

Regards.

Vanessa Yar, Mar 27, 2020
Thema:

Apps crashing after sleep mode

1. Apps crashing after sleep mode - Similar Threads - Apps crashing sleep

2. System crashes on sleep mode

in Windows 10 Gaming
    System crashes on sleep mode: Hi all,I'm having to ask this question here because I've been back and forth with Dell Support and it has not been successful at all. They've replaced the logic board, wireless card, graphics card, and the RAM but the problem continues to occur.Basically, when I try to put my...
  3. System crashes on sleep mode

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    System crashes on sleep mode: Hi all,I'm having to ask this question here because I've been back and forth with Dell Support and it has not been successful at all. They've replaced the logic board, wireless card, graphics card, and the RAM but the problem continues to occur.Basically, when I try to put my...
  4. Windows crashes in sleep mode

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows crashes in sleep mode: When I leave my laptop untouched for a while it goes to sleep mode, but now windows just crashes. When I try to boot it it does not respond and after some time the fans just start blowing on full speed. I just press the power button for 5 seconds to shut it down and then...
  5. Windows crashes in sleep mode

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows crashes in sleep mode: When I leave my laptop untouched for a while it goes to sleep mode, but now windows just crashes. When I try to boot it it does not respond and after some time the fans just start blowing on full speed. I just press the power button for 5 seconds to shut it down and then...
  6. Windows crashes in sleep mode

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. Crash on sleep mode

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Crash on sleep mode: When I put my pc to sleep and start it up again it crashesHere are some All I can remember:CRITICAL PROCESS DIEDWhat Failed:Sys filesFile I used that could cause those problems:Avast Cleanup PremiumAvast Driver UpdaterShould I chkdsk or automatic repair?I did sfc /scannow and...
  8. Computer crashing after being put in sleep mode

Computer crashing after being put in sleep mode: I put my computer in sleep mode quite often and have never had a problem. But for the past couple of days, my computer crashes blue screen with a windows stop code when I put it to sleep. It doesn't happen the first time I put it to sleep -- only the second time?!? I've...
  9. Laptop crashes in sleep mode

Laptop crashes in sleep mode: Computer info:OS Name Microsoft Windows 10 Home Version 10.0.19042 Build 19042 System Manufacturer ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC. System Model VivoBook_ASUSLaptop X421FQY_K413FQ Processor IntelR CoreTM i7-10510U CPU @ 1.80GHz, 2304 Mhz, 4 Cores, 8 Logical Processors BIOS Version/Date...
  10. Pc crashes after sleep mode

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Pc crashes after sleep mode: Does anyone have any experience with this? After my pc wakes up from Sleep Mode I am usually met with 15-20 seconds of normal operation as all my peripherals start to become unresponsive. Then my screen freezes, sometimes displaying the BSOD, sometimes it just hard-freezes....