Windows 10: Apps crashing/auto closing

Discus and support Apps crashing/auto closing in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi, I'm using a Surface pro 2017 model. In my PC, apps auto close in certain circumstances. This only happens to UWP apps. Other apps (eg: File... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by RachithaWickremasinghe, Nov 12, 2018.

1. Apps crashing/auto closing

Hi, I'm using a Surface pro 2017 model. In my PC, apps auto close in certain circumstances. This only happens to UWP apps. Other apps (eg: File explorer) does not face this situation;

-When the PC goes to sleep and I unlock the PC again, the apps are gone.

-When using an app in Tablet mode, I go to the start menu and when I swich to task view to go back to the app I was in, the apps are all gone

-When in desktop mode and the app is opened in full screen, and I switch to another app, the other app just closes/crashes.

:)

RachithaWickremasinghe, Nov 12, 2018
  2. Johan45 Win User

AMD FX OC'ers Club

That's what the auto setting will do since you're over the 1333 mark it jumps to the next step which isn't listed or officially supported I assume by that ram.

At this point though I would suggest dropping the multi one step or .5 so that we can get something stable and possibly take the heat issue out of the picture for now.

Johan45, Nov 12, 2018
  3. WINDOWS 10 PHOTO APP CONSTANTLY CLOSES, CRASHES

I did all the steps suggested, including removing and reinstalling the app, but the Photos app still crashes and locks up. If this ever improves, I will let the group know.

MichaelWentzel, Nov 12, 2018
  4. peach1971 Win User

Apps crashing/auto closing

all games crash!

I suggest you run rthdribl > http://www.daionet.gr.jp/~masa/archives/rthdribl_1_2.zip
    Increase the window size step by step and watch your vga temps permanently.
    What happens?
    If it crashes, run at stock speeds as suggested before and retry.

P.S.: When your system locks, does the display signal turn off after a time?
    Stuttering sound or no sound at all when freezing?
    What X1800XT model do you own exactly?

peach1971, Nov 12, 2018
Thema:

Apps crashing/auto closing

1. Apps crashing/auto closing - Similar Threads - Apps crashing auto

2. Auto-close

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Auto-close: Please help.I have a issue, in-short, when my apps freeze, e.x. games, it turns to "Not responding." and after 3-4 seconds a white frame appears in left top corner, as I remember it gave me choice to close the app, but then the app just closes instantly, not even giving a...
  3. Auto-close

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Auto-close: Please help.I have a issue, in-short, when my apps freeze, e.x. games, it turns to "Not responding." and after 3-4 seconds a white frame appears in left top corner, as I remember it gave me choice to close the app, but then the app just closes instantly, not even giving a...
  4. APPS CLOSING AUTO IN SLEEP MODE

in Windows 10 Gaming
    APPS CLOSING AUTO IN SLEEP MODE: HI, SOME OF MY APPS, LIKE CHROME, MICROFSOFT EDGE, YOUR PHONE, ALSO SOMETIMES WHATSAPP DESKTOP, KEEP CLOSING AFTER I TURN ON MY HP LAPTOP ENVY AFTER IT GOES TO SLEEP MODE.... PLZ HELP! ALSO THE HIBERNATE OPTION IS NOT AVAILABLE IN MY CONTROL PANEL? WHAT ELSE CAN I TRY?...
  5. APPS CLOSING AUTO IN SLEEP MODE

APPS CLOSING AUTO IN SLEEP MODE: HI, SOME OF MY APPS, LIKE CHROME, MICROFSOFT EDGE, YOUR PHONE, ALSO SOMETIMES WHATSAPP DESKTOP, KEEP CLOSING AFTER I TURN ON MY HP LAPTOP ENVY AFTER IT GOES TO SLEEP MODE.... PLZ HELP! ALSO THE HIBERNATE OPTION IS NOT AVAILABLE IN MY CONTROL PANEL? WHAT ELSE CAN I TRY?...
  6. Prevent auto switching of desktops if user closes app

in Windows 10 Customization
    Prevent auto switching of desktops if user closes app: Situation Excel files open in multiple desktops desktop 1 and 2 1 file is closed on desktop 2 System jumps to desktop 1 It's pretty annoying...
  7. Settings app crashes and closes instantly

Settings app crashes and closes instantly: I have an expected problem here. I went to Settings > Personalisation > Colours but every time I click on custom colour, the app crashes for a few seconds and then closes instantly. I don't know what caused this but I really have to get it fixed. Can anyone give me any...
  8. The app microsoft photo is appear black window and crash auto close. Can i fix that?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    The app microsoft photo is appear black window and crash auto close. Can i fix that?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/manlink2 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/dpq1up/the_app_microsoft_photo_is_appear_black_window/
  9. Modern APPs auto crashing?

Modern APPs auto crashing?: Since last update, all apps downloaded from Windows store now tend to auto close as I leave the UI for a short time. All of them..... Quite annoying. Anyone having this?...
  10. programs auto closing

programs auto closing: hi guys i have opened the builtin admn by changing the cmd to sethc so whenever i press shift 5 times at login it opens the cmd for me to type the net user admin /active:yes command but my question is i open taskmgr with the cmd i mentioned before I run programs from "run...