Windows 10: Apps Crashing but working when opening as Administrator - PLEASE HELP!

Discus and support Apps Crashing but working when opening as Administrator - PLEASE HELP! in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I have apps that are not working/running but will work when you run them as an Admin. The apps that are not working are Microsoft Outlook, Adobe... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by JimboKris, Aug 23, 2020.

1. JimboKris Win User

Apps Crashing but working when opening as Administrator - PLEASE HELP!

I have apps that are not working/running but will work when you run them as an Admin. The apps that are not working are Microsoft Outlook, Adobe Lightroom, and Adobe Photoshop.

All other apps are working fine and normal.

I am really puzzled by this and Microsoft Support was - no support or help on this.

I have tried to uninstall and reinstall > problem still exists.

Currently running Windows 10 Pro. and just got the updates on it today. problem was happening even before the updates.

PLEASE HELP!

:)

JimboKris, Aug 23, 2020
  2. Brink Win User

Mail app will not open on 10041.

Hello Adam,

This is the suggested solution below if you haven't already tried it. Apps Crashing but working when opening as Administrator - PLEASE HELP! :)

In this Windows 10 build 10041, the Mail, Calendar, and People apps may be broken due to a licensing issue with the Store Beta. To get these apps working again, you need to follow these steps:

• Open powershell as administrator
    • Run the command Get-appxprovisionedpackage –online | where-object {$_.packagename –like “*windowscommunicationsapps*”} | remove-appxprovisionedpackage –online
    • Re-install Mail, People and Calendar from the Store (green tile)

Brink, Aug 23, 2020
  3. Edwin Win User
    Mail app will not open on 10041.

Hey Shawn,
    I did that to no avail, then I ran WSReset.exe; now I'm good on all 3, Mail, Calendar and People! *Confused
    Go figure!

Store Cache - Clear in Windows 8

Edwin, Aug 23, 2020
  4. philc43 Win User

Cannot open mail app settings

OK, my next suggestion was going to be uninstalling Mail and Calendar and reinstalling from the Windows Store. You can have a go at this by following these steps.

1. Open the Start menu, type Windows PowerShell.
    2. Right click on the Windows PowerShell and select Run as administrator.
    3. Enter the below command to remove the Mail and calendar app.

get-appxpackage *microsoft.windowscommunicationsapps* | remove-appxpackage

After performing the above steps, install the Mail and calendar app from the Windows Store.

Hope this helps, you will, of course, have to add you accounts back again.

philc43, Aug 23, 2020
Thema:

1. Apps Crashing but working when opening as Administrator - PLEASE HELP! - Similar Threads - Apps Crashing working

2. No windows apps are working. Urgent Please Help

in Windows 10 Customization
    No windows apps are working. Urgent Please Help: Hi as the title states, my windows apps like search bar, taskbar settings or anything to do with settings are not working. I keep getting an error that says there is a problem with ms-resource:displayname. And it tells me to refresh my pc. I've tried restarting my pc,...
  3. Microsoft Apps Crashing When Opened

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Microsoft Apps Crashing When Opened: Hiya, I've recently unable to open microsoft apps on my computer.I am not able update them as I also cannot open the Microsoft store. I've tried to use online guids but none of them have been able to help me.I have a screenshot attached to the windows troubleshooter output, I...
  4. Microsoft Apps Crashing When Opened

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Apps Crashing When Opened: Hiya, I've recently unable to open microsoft apps on my computer.I am not able update them as I also cannot open the Microsoft store. I've tried to use online guids but none of them have been able to help me.I have a screenshot attached to the windows troubleshooter output, I...
  5. Microsoft Apps Crashing When Opened

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. Microsoft and xbox app Crashes Please help

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft and xbox app Crashes Please help: i try to log into my microsoft account to log into xbox game bar and then it crashes i tried to do the same thing for xbox app and microsoft but the same thing happends Please Help I can't Play with my...
  7. Administrator Help Please

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Administrator Help Please: Hello All. Let me start by saying that I know next to nothing about Windows... I got this PC running Windows 10 Home back from my son who used it throughout college. He set me up with a separate local account, but left himself as the administrator. I have changed my local...
  8. Some apps are black when opened (with the title bar) Please help!!!

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Some apps are black when opened (with the title bar) Please help!!!: On my brothers computer, some of his apps are black when they are opened. When they’re opened, you can still see the title bar, but the app itself is black. He says it started after installing graphics card drivers from Radeon adrenaline, so I’ll try rolling back the drivers...
  9. Crashing When opening apps

Crashing When opening apps: When I try to launch fortnite, or when I fullscreen powerpoint, my laptop crashes. I get the error message system thread exception not handled. It used to work fine before though. and a nivida gtx[ATTACH]...
  10. PC crashes whenever I open few apps at same time or randomly crashes! Please help!!

PC crashes whenever I open few apps at same time or randomly crashes! Please help!!: ello guys. My PC restarts all of sudden and restarts whenever I'm doing something, sometimes PC can stay up to hours and not restart even once but then at times if I open any file or anything random, PC freezes for 3 4 seconds and restarts. I tried reinstalling GPU drivers,...