Windows 10: Apps crashing - memory allocation issues, but only is task manager isnt running.

Discus and support Apps crashing - memory allocation issues, but only is task manager isnt running. in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; as title says, if i have task manager open i can leave my pc on for weeks with no problem. with task manager closed it is almost every day i'll have to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/jasonbay13, Mar 6, 2021.

1. Apps crashing - memory allocation issues, but only is task manager isnt running.

as title says, if i have task manager open i can leave my pc on for weeks with no problem. with task manager closed it is almost every day i'll have to restart my computer (if it doesnt automatically) to get my programs to work properly. last night i closed task manager and this morning firefox was closed (brought up to session restore) and everything (search program) had an error about memory and discord is froze and dropbox is non responsive (and wont sync).

i've been having this issue for months and somehow leaving task manager running solves the problem. i've never seen this before and have found absolutely nothing of the sort by googling. it is a fairly fresh install of windows, less than a year. i have tried different ram and made sure page file is turned on, as i've seen memory related issues having it off and not full (presumably due to fragmentation of the ram), but that is unrelated it seems.

has anyone else ever seen this? any suggestions? thanks! still using version 1909 btw

submitted by /u/jasonbay13
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/jasonbay13, Mar 6, 2021
  2. z10556 Win User

Task Manager not running

I have added a new task to the ones already populated which I suppose were in Win7
    The new task or the present tasks are not running as there is no entry in the history or
    recently run file
    are there other steps necessary to get the new task manager to start up ?

z10556, Mar 6, 2021
  3. Memory Allocation Question

You cannot allocate storage memory to program memory. What your can do is make sure that you doi not have a many applications running in the background. Windows mobile is a great multitasking OS. The problem is that it does not really close applications.
    It minimizes them and thus stay in memory. Use Task Manager to close these applications. Let me know if this helps.

Linley Meslier, Mar 6, 2021
  4. Apps crashing - memory allocation issues, but only is task manager isnt running.

Windows 10 Task Manager Crashing

For further resolution to your task manager crashing issue, we suggest that you perform a
    clean boot. It will help you determine if there is a third-party program/app that is causing the issue. It could be some other applications or programs. To do this, see this
    link, and follow the steps/instructions.

Your reply is most important to us to ensure we assist you accordingly.

Michael Gall, Mar 6, 2021
Thema:

Apps crashing - memory allocation issues, but only is task manager isnt running.

1. Apps crashing - memory allocation issues, but only is task manager isnt running. - Similar Threads - Apps crashing memory

2. VmmemWSL Memory Allocation Issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    VmmemWSL Memory Allocation Issue: I've been using the Ubuntu app on my windows 11 laptop, after the most recent windows update I have had issues with VmmemWSL using all my RAM. Gone through wsl.config fixes and it's not working, it goes up to 7GB after just a few commands/python scripts.Please help!...
  3. VmmemWSL Memory Allocation Issue

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    VmmemWSL Memory Allocation Issue: I've been using the Ubuntu app on my windows 11 laptop, after the most recent windows update I have had issues with VmmemWSL using all my RAM. Gone through wsl.config fixes and it's not working, it goes up to 7GB after just a few commands/python scripts.Please help!...
  4. Task manager does not show running apps.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Task manager does not show running apps.: HI! So, I've found this problem with my task manager where it won't show any running applications both in "Fewer and More details Mode". I've tried the View > Referesh now and View > Group by Type but it still wont work. I've also tried doing SFC /scannow in command prompt...
  5. Apps are crashing and Task Manager points to low memory

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Apps are crashing and Task Manager points to low memory: It may or may not be related, but it started happening recently when I tried recovering some files I deleted.While "Windows File Recovery" was running in the background, the first crash occurred.I have on average about 10 tabs open in chrome. When it crashes, I have to open...
  6. Apps are crashing and Task Manager points to low memory

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Apps are crashing and Task Manager points to low memory: It may or may not be related, but it started happening recently when I tried recovering some files I deleted.While "Windows File Recovery" was running in the background, the first crash occurred.I have on average about 10 tabs open in chrome. When it crashes, I have to open...
  7. Apps are crashing and Task Manager points to low memory

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  8. Multiple apps running in task manager

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Multiple apps running in task manager: I have a browser that I use called OperaGX and when I opened task manager it was taking up almost all of my memory. Here's a screenshot of what I'm talking about: [ATTACH]...
  9. When I run app it runs multiple instances of it that are only visible in Task Manager

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    When I run app it runs multiple instances of it that are only visible in Task Manager: When I run app it runs multiple instances of it and it's only visible in Task Manager and wasted a lot of memory. I have tried running virus scan from Windows Defender, Kaspersky and Avast but nothing is found. What can I do? [ATTACH]...
  10. "Program is already Running on this computer" but it isnt running on Task Manager

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    "Program is already Running on this computer" but it isnt running on Task Manager: Hi, i been having error with some programs... Featuring Twitch & Steam I try opening them and they wouldnt open. so i went with uninstalling them and re-installing. i know how this works but when i went to re-install, i get a message saying "[program] is already running on...