Windows 10: Apps default to the wrong monitor

Discus and support Apps default to the wrong monitor in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Build: 14393.1198 I have three monitors arranged with the middle one vertical. When I launch programs (say from Steam) or try to configure a setup... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by messyhair42, Oct 11, 2020.

1. Apps default to the wrong monitor

Build: 14393.1198

I have three monitors arranged with the middle one vertical. When I launch programs (say from Steam) or try to configure a setup from Streamlabs OBS they launch or act as if the vertical monitor is the only one active. Since Steam programs are often not windowed I can't drag and drop them to a horizontal monitor and I don't know how to change this behavior. Is there a setting that can fix this? I've primarily been a Linux user for the past 12 years except for work so my Windows-fu is lacking.

:)

messyhair42, Oct 11, 2020
  2. kormath Win User

Lost default photo viewer after profile rebuild

Thanks Brink. I've tried those steps before i started searching Google. After the profile rebuild i don't have the Photo app listed to choose to make it default in either the system settings for default apps or the Open With option.

I can't even find it doing a search. Seems to have been removed somehow with the profile rebuild, which doesn't make sense.

Might be helpful to list what i've done Apps default to the wrong monitor :) I've done the open with check, the choose default program in the system menu, tried that in device manager default programs also. I've checked the programs and features Turn windows features on/off and it's not listed there (never thought it was but that was a suggestion), searched the MS Store, it's not listed there either.

I don't like playing in the registry unless i have defined steps and haven't found anything for this yet, just the Win7 version like in my OP.

kormath, Oct 11, 2020
  3. How to set Microsoft Photos App as default

Hello,

We understand the issue you are facing and will assist you.

I suggest you to follow the steps provided below and check if it helps.

• Navigate to Start>Settings>System.
    • In the left pane, click on Default Apps.
    • In the right pane, click on Choose default apps by file type.
    • Set the default App to open .jpg files and check for status.

Hope this helps. Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Eeshwar Kumar, Oct 11, 2020
  4. Apps default to the wrong monitor

Default apps are not working in Windows 10

Hi,

As you are facing issues with accessing the default apps on your computer, let us try the troubleshooting steps and check if it helps.

Step 1: I suggest you to run the
    Windows Store Apps troubleshooter.

Windows Store Apps Troubleshooter,
    troubleshoots problems that may prevent Windows Store Apps from working correctly.

Run the troubleshooter for Windows apps

Step 2: I suggest you to install all the pending updates on your device and check if it helps.

Steps:

• Connect to the internet.
    • Press Windows key and type updates.
    • Click on Check for updates.
    • Under Windows Updates, click on Check for updates.
    • Try to install the updates being shown.

Hope it helps. Get back to us with an updated status of accessing the default apps for further assistance.

Thank you.

Deepika Gowda, Oct 11, 2020
Thema:

Apps default to the wrong monitor

1. Apps default to the wrong monitor - Similar Threads - Apps default wrong

2. something wrong with monitor

in Windows 10 Gaming
    something wrong with monitor: hello, my monitor is fine in the beginning, i can log in click the little guy down there the wifi symbol and the sleep shut down and restart options but when i put in my pin and log into my computer it just goes grey no icons visible no task bar nothing and it’s different...
  3. something wrong with monitor

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    something wrong with monitor: hello, my monitor is fine in the beginning, i can log in click the little guy down there the wifi symbol and the sleep shut down and restart options but when i put in my pin and log into my computer it just goes grey no icons visible no task bar nothing and it’s different...
  4. Desktop Dual Monitor Issues / Desktop Apps Wrong Monitor

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Desktop Dual Monitor Issues / Desktop Apps Wrong Monitor: Hi, just wanting to get some further help with an issue I'm having. Bit of backstory, so I sent my monitor away to be repaired and it came back today all fixed. But since getting it back today it thinks it's the main monitor as it has the desktop apps on the background? I've...
  5. Touch on the wrong monitor

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Touch on the wrong monitor: I've bought a new touchscreen monitor for my PC . i want to use it as my secondary monitor (its smaller then my other 2 monitors). But if i touch the screen, the touch happens on my primary monitor. I've searched some solutions and almost all say i need to go to the ''tablet...
  6. Default weather on Bing is wrong

in Browsers and Email
    Default weather on Bing is wrong: I live in Palm Coast Fl and have its weather as a interest on my Bing Homepage but the homepage also show Ocala Fl apparently as my default location for some reason which is wrong. How do I get rid of the the Ocala weather on my homepage, its not listed as an interest....
  7. Monitor colors wrong for SOME apps

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Monitor colors wrong for SOME apps: I recently purchased a ViewSonic 4K monitor (VX4380). I have an EliteBook x360 1030 3G laptop. It uses an Intel UHD Graphics 620 card. For some strange reason, SOME (but not all - or even most) of the apps on the monitor display the wrong colors. When I drag certain...
  8. default app wrong version

in Windows 10 Customization
    default app wrong version: ho2.exe is a c# program I wrote (VS 2017 Community), at the moment installed in version 1.6 . Months ago, when it was version 1.1, I associated the extension .ho2pro with this program. Now, when I double click a file *.ho2pro, ho2.exe starts, but with the old version 1.1 ....
  9. Setting "default app" doesn't work, it opens with the wrong program

in Windows 10 Customization
    Setting "default app" doesn't work, it opens with the wrong program: I want my .pdf to be opened with my Adobe Acrobat Pro, and it is set as well in the default app settings, but it still opens them with Adobe Reader. Even when I go to the properties and change the program to the exe file in the folder - it still uses the wrong program. How...
  10. Default apps reset, Windows looking for data in the wrong place

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Default apps reset, Windows looking for data in the wrong place: Hi everyone, 6 days ago, I installed a sizeable update ( version 1709). Afterwards, Windows didn't know what programs to use for many files, including any pictures or archives. I use Picasa & WinRar respectively, and I had to find their .exe and set them as default again....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. what is ho2.exe