Windows 10: Apps do not appear in search

Discus and support Apps do not appear in search in Cortana to solve the problem; I've turned on search indexing turned on but for some reason, some apps do not appear in search menu. You can see the screenshot below to get more... Discussion in 'Cortana' started by BaibhavDtl, Jul 15, 2021.

1. Apps do not appear in search

I've turned on search indexing turned on but for some reason, some apps do not appear in search menu. You can see the screenshot below to get more details. Please help me. I need to fix this.

:)

BaibhavDtl, Jul 15, 2021

2. Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, Jul 15, 2021
  3. Mail app- dot appears in text box.

Hi, P. Sanders.

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. I understand your concern, and we in Community will try to help you in the best possible way we can.

I would request you to send a screen shot of the "Dot" that appears on your mail app.

As of now, I would suggest that you perform the steps mentioned below and check if the issue persist.

Step 1: Run App Troubleshooter.

• On the search bar type “Troubleshooter”
    • Click on troubleshooter, on the left view pane, locate “View All”.
    • Then locate and click on “Windows Store Apps”.

Your reply is very important for us to ensure a proper resolution. Please get back to us with the above information in order to assist you accordingly.

Vanessa Sohtun, Jul 15, 2021
  4. Apps do not appear in search

Edge shows up in windows search but not Firefox

does not show up

tonightwetaco, Jul 15, 2021
Thema:

Apps do not appear in search

1. Apps do not appear in search - Similar Threads - Apps appear search

2. Search menu application icons do not appear

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Search menu application icons do not appear: After the last Windows update, I noticed that some applications do not have their icon in the search menu. It only happens with my account on all PCs. I have already deleted the account and created it again. It happens randomly. Sometimes it appears but then disappears...
  3. Search menu application icons do not appear

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Search menu application icons do not appear: After the last Windows update, I noticed that some applications do not have their icon in the search menu. It only happens with my account on all PCs. I have already deleted the account and created it again. It happens randomly. Sometimes it appears but then disappears...
  4. Windows search issue - apps not appearing in search results

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows search issue - apps not appearing in search results: Dear Microsoft Community,I am facing a perplexing issue on my Windows 11 Pro system. Several Microsoft Store applications, such as WhatsApp, Calculator, and Camera, are not appearing in Windows Search results. Oddly, this problem extends beyond Microsoft Store apps;...
  5. Windows search issue - apps not appearing in search results

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows search issue - apps not appearing in search results: Dear Microsoft Community,I am facing a perplexing issue on my Windows 11 Pro system. Several Microsoft Store applications, such as WhatsApp, Calculator, and Camera, are not appearing in Windows Search results. Oddly, this problem extends beyond Microsoft Store apps;...
  6. Installed applications do not appear in search menu

in Cortana
    Installed applications do not appear in search menu: Hi,I have tried all options to get the installed apps appear on search menu. I have tried the following but nothing works?1. Updated windows 10 , restarted2. From command prompt, ran windows powershell script can't find it either on menu3. Tried rebuilding indexing as in the...
  7. Uninstalled apps still appearing in search.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Uninstalled apps still appearing in search.: I uninstalled TranslucentTB but it still appears in search. I've tried many fixes and none of them have helped. This isn't the only app btw. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/uninstalled-apps-still-appearing-in-search/c1c3d0d5-238c-47db-8205-2bd40f3f165f
  8. Xbox App not appearing in Search

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Xbox App not appearing in Search: Title basically. It's been an issue for a little while for me and I just find it a mildly annoying QOL problem. No functional issue here, just whenever I click the spyglass to search for apps I type in "Xbox" and every Xbox related app appears except for the Xbox app itself....
  9. Why do some apps in search appear like this?

in Cortana
    Why do some apps in search appear like this?: Happened for a while now, just got bothered to ask now. Some apps appear like this when searching for them, I think I changed a setting somewhere. Some apps in search appear with the image icon [ATTACH]...
  10. Links do not appear in start menu search

in Cortana
    Links do not appear in start menu search: I used to type the start menu entries as shortcut to open them. Windows just opened the search and offered me the right item. This does not work anymore (as it used to) The problem seems to be only with start menu entries (who are .lnk files), though it does offer me...