Windows 10: Apps, Documents, Pictures and Favorites Missing

Discus and support Apps, Documents, Pictures and Favorites Missing in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I have Windows 10 version 1909. The last update to install was KB4541335 on 4/11/20. After the reboot the desktop was missing many of the shortcut... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by KJK47, Apr 13, 2020.

1. KJK47 Win User

Apps, Documents, Pictures and Favorites Missing

I have Windows 10 version 1909. The last update to install was KB4541335 on 4/11/20. After the reboot the desktop was missing many of the shortcut icons I had on it along with the background pictured had changed. I clicked on the Mail icon and it faded to black with no responce. Same thing happened to several other app icons including the Microsoft store icon. Next I opened my Microsoft Edge to find all lof my favorites were gone and home page had been changed. Next I opened my File Explorer to find that my Documents and pictures were gone. I copied my documents from a flash drive I had to the documents folder. Next I imported my favorites from the flash drive to MS Edge and all appeard like I was making progress. I logged on to several web sites that required username and passwords, which I let windows save for the next time that I wanted to log in to those sites. Next I rebooted to see if my missing apps would return. No luck, after reboot was still missing apps, plus my documents had again disappeared and when I opened MS Edge, favorites had disappeared again. I am at a total loss as what to try, short of buying a new computer, except this one is only about 3 years old.
    Thanks in advance for any help. Sounds like there are a lot of people having these problem here of late.

:)

KJK47, Apr 13, 2020

2. How do i get my favorites, pictures, music and documents. from IE and Mozilla Firefox back,now that i have windows 10.I tried but everything says empty

Hi Margaret,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Community. I will certainly help you with this.

If you have saved all the favorites and bookmarks before upgrade, it will automatically import from the saved location when you open the browser. Try the below given steps if issue persist:

• Open Internet Explorer and click on “Star” favorite icon on top right.
    • Click on the dropdown and click on import/export favorite.
    • Follow the onscreen instruction.
    For the documents and pictures, I suggest you to try searching the documents/picture using Search in Start menu. You can also search it using search option in File Explorer. Try the above step and check if it helps.

Please post back with the results and the information asked, we will be glad to assist you further.

Thank you

Parth P Patel, Apr 13, 2020
  3. Arnie Est Win User
    favorite picture in wp10

Hi,

It is easy to add a picture to favorites on your Windows 10 Mobile. You can follow the steps provided below:

• Go to the Photos app.
    • Mark your favorite photos by selecting the heart icon on any photo.
    • To see all your favorites, go to Albums>
      Favorites.

To see a rotating display of your favorite photos on the Photos tile on home screen, open the
    Photos app > See more (...)
    > Settings, and under
    Tile, select
    Favorites.

Please don't hesitate to post back if you need further assistance.

Arnie Est, Apr 13, 2020
  4. PACALA_BA Win User

?...My Favorites Apps list

Hi,

• What exactly are you looking for? Are you referring to Edge Favorites?.....NO
    Make phone.reset...and then try to REBUILD all your applications...MANUALLY, without MY FAVORITES APPS LIST

ONEDRIVE.MY ACCOUNT.MY PURCHASE HISTORY...

APPLICATION 1............MISSING.......ADD TO/REMOVE FROM... MY FAVORITES APPs

APPLICATION 2............MISSING.......ADD TO/REMOVE FROM... MY FAVORITES APPs

OR DIRECTLY ON THE PHONE.APP-LIST...SCREEN

APPLICATION 1............MISSING.......ADD TO/REMOVE FROM... MY FAVORITES APPs

APPLICATION 2............MISSING.......ADD TO/REMOVE FROM... MY FAVORITES APPs

PACALA_BA, Apr 13, 2020
Thema:

1. Apps, Documents, Pictures and Favorites Missing - Similar Threads - Apps Documents Pictures

2. Two documents folder and my pictures folder missing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Two documents folder and my pictures folder missing: Hi,I was doing some messing around with onedrive and wanted it all to be nice and organised within onedrive. So that whenever I opened the ondrive folder I would see documents, pictures etc.. as different folders but instead the way I did set it up it was all just merging...
  3. I am missing my old pictures and documents

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I am missing my old pictures and documents: I am missing my old pictures and documents from one drive these files were backed up using my old Microsoft lumia phone. Please help I had pictures of my late father and mother backed up on one drive....
  4. I am missing my old pictures and documents

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I am missing my old pictures and documents: I am missing my old pictures and documents from one drive these files were backed up using my old Microsoft lumia phone. Please help I had pictures of my late father and mother backed up on one drive....
  5. Favorite List Missing

in Windows 10 Customization
    Favorite List Missing: When I click the favorite icon there's nothing there but when click the arrow next to the star in the favorite bar my list appears.How do I keep my list open? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/favorite-list-missing/86058b22-4c5c-4edd-8e05-c2cb20723a87
  6. Windows apps are There, but are missing its "picture".

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows apps are There, but are missing its "picture".: As you can see, the apps are there, but missing their icons. Also, files in File Explorer are missing their picture and the ones on the left are not there anymore. PLEASE HELP HOW DO I FIX THIS!!??[ATTACH]...
  7. Favorite app

in Windows 10 Customization
    Favorite app: How do I get a Favorite app on my screen without having to go to open Microsoft edge to open Favorite's ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/favorite-app/f2bac1d6-60bb-48bc-8bce-92c99d835038
  8. Photos, documents, favorites and history

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Photos, documents, favorites and history: Every time I restart or shut down my PC my favorites and history vanish. All of my saved phots and past saved docs have vanished? HELP! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/photos-documents-favorites-and-history/6b6c04ae-ec75-4a3b-af7a-4f65b9cb732e
  9. Missing files, documents, photos and apps.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Missing files, documents, photos and apps.: Hello, upon turning on my computer, I discovered all of my side account of files, document, photos-everything, was gone. My computer looks as if it were wiped clean and set to factory settings, like a reset. If I try to use an app like Microsoft Edge, it loaded as if it were...
  10. Windows 10 backup missing Documents and Pictures

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 backup missing Documents and Pictures: Windows 10 backup to External drive - after completion, Documents and Pictures folders are empty. No files have been excluded from backup, have performed multiple times. The last backup does not show up at all. Would appreciate any feedback - using a new Dell AIO....