Windows 10: Apps don't connect to the internet only my browser does

Discus and support Apps don't connect to the internet only my browser does in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; None of my apps connect to the internet, except my browser.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Radzo101, Aug 3, 2021.

1. Radzo101 Win User

Apps don't connect to the internet only my browser does

None of my apps connect to the internet, except my browser.

:)

Radzo101, Aug 3, 2021

2. Laptop apps (Settings, Etc) say not connected to network or internet but browser connects to home network and internet

Thanks for the response, Greg.

I re-registered apps per your suggestion.

Didn't fix problem.

The problem seems related to built-in system apps --I.E Settings, Network and Internet Settings, Windows Updates, List of available wifi networks, etc.

None of those apps recognize my connection to LAN network and internet connection.

However, the list of available wifi networks does show I'm connected to my home wifi connection, but says no internet connection.

I can't perform any Settings functions or anything which requires internet connection because the built-in app thinks it's not connected to internet.

But, my Firefox browser has full internet and LAN connection and abilities.

I appreciate any thing you can recommend.

Also note I keep getting a "notification" that my Microsoft account needs attention. It directs me to Shared Experiences" to fix the problem. I try to fix from there but it fails due to "No internet connection"

I have checked my Microsoft account via browser access and finf no highlighted problem in my account.

Regards,

Richard

RichardM881, Aug 3, 2021
  3. After upgrading to Windows 10, Edge is the only app that can connect to the internet

Hi ,

Thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

With the issue description it seems like Edge is unable to connect to network.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and see if it helps:

Set Internet Explorer as default browser

I suggest you to set Internet Explorer as default web browser and restart the computer and see if it helps.

Disable Proxy

Sometimes using proxy to connect to the internet may cause issues while connecting to the network.

Follow the steps below to disable proxy:

• Press “Windows Key” + “R”.
    • Type “inetcpl.cpl”.
    • Go to Connection.
    • Click on LAN Settings.
    • Check the box which says Automatically detect settings.
    • Uncheck the box under Proxy server.

Run Internet Connection Troubleshooter

Though you are able to use internet, there could be some problems or some settings which could have stopped Windows services to connect to the internet.

I suggest you to run the Internet connection troubleshooter to fix such issues, follow the steps below:

• Press Windows key + R
    • Type Control
    • Click on Troubleshooting
    • Click on Connect to the internet
    • Click on Next and follow the On-screen instructions

Hope this helps, get back to us if you need further assistance.

Sahil Bali, Aug 3, 2021
  4. ps957 Win User

After upgrading to windows 10, internet connectivity drops frequently for some applications, but not all

Hi,

Thank you for your reply. My answers are interleaved with your questions.

• In which browser are you facing this issue e.g. Microsoft Edge or Internet Explorer?
    Multiple browsers: Chrome, Explorer, Firefox

• Do you get any error message?
      • In Chrome, I get "ERR_EMPTY_RESPONSE" as the error message
    • Have you installed all pending Windows updates?
      • Yes. It is continuously getting updated.
    • Do you face connection fluctuation in Ethernet connection?
      • No. The internet connection is a solid 40Mb downlink. The same problem occurs when I'm hooked to a different internet service provider.
    • Is the issue specific to any particular website?
      • No, it occurs when I'm accessing multiple web sites. It is not related to any web site.

I suggest you to try connecting to Ethernet connection and check if face same issue.

The problem occurs when I'm using wired ethernet, an internal wifi card, or an external wifi usb dongle.

Also install all pending Windows updates I.

I just checked it . It is up to date.

Further you can refer the link below and follow the troubleshooting steps suggested.

I'm not going to spend time on these other steps, since as I mentioned it occurs on multiple browsers, and it is not tied to Internet Explorer or Microsoft Edge, unless you give me a good reason to do so.

Thank you.

ps957, Aug 3, 2021
Thema:

1. Apps don't connect to the internet only my browser does - Similar Threads - Apps don't connect

2. Desktop App does not connect to internet However web app and browser works

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Desktop App does not connect to internet However web app and browser works: Hello We have this issue whereby Windows Update, Outlook and Teams and more desktop apps are not working however I can open web outlook, web teams and browser internet. Windows Update gives this error - We couldn't connect to the update service. We'll try again later, or you...
  3. Internet connection only works on web browsers

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Internet connection only works on web browsers: I really dont know how to word this question, I've been having an issue where i would be "connected" to the internet, can browse and do everything just fine, but websites will sometimes say i am "disconnected" and many programs on my computer refuse to run because they are...
  4. Internet connection only works on web browsers

Internet connection only works on web browsers: I really dont know how to word this question, I've been having an issue where i would be "connected" to the internet, can browse and do everything just fine, but websites will sometimes say i am "disconnected" and many programs on my computer refuse to run because they are...
  5. 'No internet access' error - browser connectivity only

in Windows 10 Gaming
    'No internet access' error - browser connectivity only: For several weeks my computer Windows 10 has been displaying the 'no internet access'/'no internet, secured' errors. This error is partly inaccurate as I have a no internet issues when using the browser. I can browse, stream, download/upload as normal. It also seems to be...
  6. 'No internet access' error - browser connectivity only

'No internet access' error - browser connectivity only: For several weeks my computer Windows 10 has been displaying the 'no internet access'/'no internet, secured' errors. This error is partly inaccurate as I have a no internet issues when using the browser. I can browse, stream, download/upload as normal. It also seems to be...
  7. 'No internet access' error - browser connectivity only

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  8. Apps don't connect to the internet only my browser does and some games that connect using IP

Apps don't connect to the internet only my browser does and some games that connect using IP: Origin connects to the internet but I can't open Apex Legends because it says im offline, even though I could download ad update it. Discord and other apps dont work either because they also think i'm not connected to the internet....
  9. My apps won't connect to internet but my Opera browser does

My apps won't connect to internet but my Opera browser does: Hello, so as the title says, I have this issue from last night, my internet status is "Identifying..." for hours and hours. I'm using a limited data router. my computerIS connected to internet and has internet access, but you see, my other apps don't have internet...
  10. Internet Connection But Browsers Don't Work, Periodically

in Browsers and Email
    Internet Connection But Browsers Don't Work, Periodically: After having my laptop on for a few hours I encounter a situation where I clearly have an internet connection but my browsers do not work, (both Firefox and Edge). What's weird is, on firefox, it will usually go to home page (google) and google will search, but from there...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. apps cant connect but can use browser

2. windows applications cant connect to internet but browser works

3. my browser connects to internet but desktop apps are not connected