Windows 10: Apps don't show info on Lock screen

Discus and support Apps don't show info on Lock screen in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hello, I don't understand this, so apparently there are to ways to view info from certain apps on the Lock Screen but there are bugs that don't make... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by JohnnyGui, Sep 5, 2016.

1. JohnnyGui Win User

Apps don't show info on Lock screen

Hello,

I don't understand this, so apparently there are to ways to view info from certain apps on the Lock Screen but there are bugs that don't make it work:

1. A Detailed status; selecting the Mail app as for the detailed status doesn't show anything at all. All other apps shown in a detailed status work fine. When viewing the Lockscreen I can see that the Internet connection status in the right below corner has a circle in front of it.

2. A Quick status: NONE of my apps show any info (Mail, Weather, Calendar, messages) when I select them to show a quick status on my Lockscreen.

The Lockscreen I'm checking out is the one you get when pressing Ctrl + Alt + Delete and then choosing the "Lock" option.

What's the problem here and how can I solve this?

:)

JohnnyGui, Sep 5, 2016

2. N8 Screen saver

Don't know why they call them screen saver's more like lock screen info themes...

The built in lock screens have this feature, Media player lock screen shows more info plus current song and play status located in settings/themes.

-smc

somemadcaaant, Sep 5, 2016
  3. MSN Weather App not showing detals on lock screen anymore on my Lumia 635 WinPhone 8.1

Hi, I just noticed last night that the MSN Weather app is not showing up anymore on the lock screen. I believe that it is showing the back ground but no temperatures, etc. I see the time and date, but no weather info.

I've gone into the Lock Screen settings and selected and unselected and reselected to show Weather. Each time I chose to "Open app" in the Lock Screen settings sceen which opens the app, but doesn't add the temp info.

Any ideas?

danny_2000, Sep 5, 2016
  4. JohnnyGui Win User

Could this be moved to the General discussion since it's about the general Apps that come with Windows 10? Thank you.

JohnnyGui, Sep 6, 2016
  5. JohnnyGui Win User
    No one who could help me with this?

JohnnyGui, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Apps don't show info on Lock screen - Similar Threads - Apps don't show

2. How to get lock screen info if info is not on lock screen

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to get lock screen info if info is not on lock screen: Greetingz and Mornin All; My question is this: Quite a bit I have a lock screen I want to see info like location and description, especially when I like it. Like today I had the lock screen and NONE of the links giving that information were there at all, I tried to get it to...
  3. How to get lock screen info if info is not on lock screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to get lock screen info if info is not on lock screen: Greetingz and Mornin All; My question is this: Quite a bit I have a lock screen I want to see info like location and description, especially when I like it. Like today I had the lock screen and NONE of the links giving that information were there at all, I tried to get it to...
  4. How to get lock screen info if info is not on lock screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Apps don't show on Start screen

in Windows 10 Customization
    Apps don't show on Start screen: My apps don't show on my screen any more. I moved most of them to my D drive, which has 497 Gb of free space, so the reason isn't that there isn't enough space for them. A few of the apps are located on the System drive Drive C, but even that has 153 GB of free space, since I...
  6. Apps not showing status on Lock Screen

Apps not showing status on Lock Screen: Today, for the first time, the MSN Weather App is not now showing on the Lock Screen. I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling the App. I have also tried the Windows Store App Troubleshooter, the DISM tool and scannow. The problem occurs if I select Spotlight or Picture for...
  7. Lock Screen Picture Info.

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Lock Screen Picture Info.: The icon to show me more picture information is not showing up on my lock screen? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/lock-screen-picture-info/74f8936a-8dca-49c7-be5a-32d0d54a23b6
  8. Background info on lock screen images?

Background info on lock screen images?: I typically like the lock screens that Windows 10 shows very much. Already several times I was wondering how to get more background info on the picture shown, specifically: where was that picture taken? Or like today: what village does it show? It's beautiful and I'ld...
  9. Lock screen apps not showing up on lock screen

Lock screen apps not showing up on lock screen: I've tried searching through the forum but can't see anyone who has a similar issue. I can access the lock screen settings and I can see all available apps and have set a detailed status app and a couple of less detailed ones. However, when I actually get to the lock...
  10. Apps not showing on lock screen

Apps not showing on lock screen: When I go to my lock screen (win key and L), I don't have any apps. I selected Favebook and weather but nothing shows. I downloaded an app called Chameleon but that doesn't do anything. I have Win10 home, Gateway, 6gb ram, intel i3 3.3 ghz. 13049