Windows 10: Apps & Features Choose where to get apps missing

Discus and support Apps & Features Choose where to get apps missing in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I have started coming across some users having an issue where when I get them to download our remote client from our website. Windows sends the user to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Welshnel, Mar 30, 2020.

1. Welshnel Win User

Apps & Features Choose where to get apps missing

I have started coming across some users having an issue where when I get them to download our remote client from our website. Windows sends the user to the store instead of just using the installation file that has been downloaded. I know there is a setting in the app settings page that can be changed to prevent this. The problem I am finding is that the feature (in the image) is sometimes not available.

I have tried to search for a fix for this but I am having no luck so could someone help with this, please.

Apps & Features Choose where to get apps missing [​IMG]

Thanks

:)

Welshnel, Mar 30, 2020
  2. jbunch07 Win User

TPU Mobile App

I use the mobile app it comes in handy but missing some features...I would use the Android app for sure!

jbunch07, Mar 30, 2020
  3. Apple Claims Steam Link App Violates App Store Guidelines

Here's what Valve is contending with:
    App Store Review Guidelines - Apple Developer

The ones that stand out that may have caught Steam Link:
    So yeah, there's a lot of reasons why Steam Link would get rejected.

App submissions and approvals is a thing between developer and Apple. Valve intentionally let this information leak probably because Apple's restrictive guidlines will never allow Steam Link to be on the store. Valve is hoping the Steam user base makes a lot of noise so Apple grants Valve and exemption. I doubt it will work. Apple loves control and Steam Link is a portal into the Linux/Windows ecosystem. Even if Steam Link were exclusive to Mac OS, Apple would likely demand Valve use Mac OS's remote desktop features rather than Steam Link.

I'd be shocked if Apple allows it.

FordGT90Concept, Mar 30, 2020
  4. robinpe Win User

Missing apps: Store, People, Photos, Games & Camera on upgrading to 10

Thanks for replying spunk. That's the 'alphabetical' list I was referring to, none of these apps are in that 'All apps' list. Any more suggestions?

robinpe, Mar 30, 2020
Thema:

1. Apps & Features Choose where to get apps missing - Similar Threads - Apps Features Choose

2. Choose where to get apps?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Choose where to get apps?: How to change: "Choose where to get apps?" I have buyed new computer just for work with Roland printers and now i cant download software VersaWorks6, because its not Microsoft verified app and its not possible to get it on Microsoft store?!! What is Windows 11 Home in S mode?...
  3. Choose where to get apps?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Choose where to get apps?: How to change: "Choose where to get apps?" I have buyed new computer just for work with Roland printers and now i cant download software VersaWorks6, because its not Microsoft verified app and its not possible to get it on Microsoft store?!! What is Windows 11 Home in S mode?...
  4. Why is Choose Where to get apps missing as an option?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why is Choose Where to get apps missing as an option?: Why is Choose Where to get apps missing as an option? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-is-choose-where-to-get-apps-missing-as-an/47b4dda5-ed19-4ada-ad50-20fa837fe2e1
  5. Why is Choose Where to get apps missing as an option?

Why is Choose Where to get apps missing as an option?: Why is Choose Where to get apps missing as an option? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-is-choose-where-to-get-apps-missing-as-an/47b4dda5-ed19-4ada-ad50-20fa837fe2e1
  6. 'Choose where to get apps' missing button

in Windows 10 Gaming
    'Choose where to get apps' missing button: I am looking for my "Choose where to get apps from" button and can't find it anywhere. When I go to "apps" It show advanced app settings and under the heading shows "Choose where to get apps from", but when I click on Advanced App Settings, there's no "Choose where to apps...
  7. 'Choose where to get apps' missing button

'Choose where to get apps' missing button: I am looking for my "Choose where to get apps from" button and can't find it anywhere. When I go to "apps" It show advanced app settings and under the heading shows "Choose where to get apps from", but when I click on Advanced App Settings, there's no "Choose where to apps...
  8. "Choose where to get apps from" feature missing in Windows 11 Advanced App Settings

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "Choose where to get apps from" feature missing in Windows 11 Advanced App Settings: I am looking for my "Choose where to get apps from" button and can't find it anywhere. When I go to "apps" It show advanced app settings and under the heading shows "Choose where to get apps from", but when I click on Advanced App Settings, there's no "Choose where to apps...
  9. "Choose where to get apps from" feature missing in Windows 11 Advanced App Settings

"Choose where to get apps from" feature missing in Windows 11 Advanced App Settings: I am looking for my "Choose where to get apps from" button and can't find it anywhere. When I go to "apps" It show advanced app settings and under the heading shows "Choose where to get apps from", but when I click on Advanced App Settings, there's no "Choose where to apps...
  10. Apps & Features Choose where to get apps missing

Apps & Features Choose where to get apps missing: I have started coming across some users having an issue where when I get them to download our remote client from our website. Windows sends the user to the store instead of just using the installation file that has been downloaded. I know there is a setting in the app...