Windows 10: Apps & features disc space doesn't add up to storage use listed

Discus and support Apps & features disc space doesn't add up to storage use listed in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Under "Settings," and "Storage," my OS_Install C: total size is 238 GB. Under "This is how your storage is used and how you can free up space," it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Treole, Jan 9, 2020.

1. Treole Win User

Apps & features disc space doesn't add up to storage use listed

Under "Settings," and "Storage," my OS_Install C: total size is 238 GB.

Under "This is how your storage is used and how you can free up space," it says...

Apps & features....98.8 GB

Yet even a cursory total of all programs listed by size under Apps & features reveals a total of about 1.5 GB.

And, a bunch of programs are listed at the bottom including at least one that needs a lot of storage space without *any* numbers.

Should I presume that the Settings -> Storage utility is incapable of listing ALL programs and all of the space they require?

Why the massive difference 98.8 GB vs 1.5 GB?

:)

Treole, Jan 9, 2020

2. Storage Space

Surface Pro 3 storage space is low. Storage settings say that Apps and Games is using 17.5 GB but when I add up the space from the list of apps it is only 5.7 GB. What is taking up up the other ~12 GB and how do I free up space?

renataAtkinson1, Jan 9, 2020
  3. BetoLP Win User
    Windows doesn`t start. Authomatic repair doesn`t work.

Thanks again!!

I`m sorry I had not noticed that the text on the picture was in spanish. It says that windows has replaced some damaged clusters in "name" file and "directory". Then, at the end "an unspecified error occurred (75736e6a726e6c2e 4f6)".

I`ll do it and I`ll be updating this thread when I have the report.

- - - Updated - - -

I ran SeaTools. These are the results:

Apps & features disc space doesn't add up to storage use listed [​IMG]

Does it mean my HDD is useless?

BetoLP, Jan 9, 2020
  4. 56Kruiser Win User

Problem with Storage Space

Funny...on actually reading the title on that unrecognized status disk, it is titled Microsoft Storage Space. I was ust surprised to see it listed in the drive list.

56Kruiser, Jan 9, 2020
Thema:

1. Apps & features disc space doesn't add up to storage use listed - Similar Threads - Apps features disc

2. Storage space doesn't add up with a 400GB difference

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Storage space doesn't add up with a 400GB difference: Recently i wanted to try and clean up my C drive because it was full. And i've noticed that when i select all folders in the drive it shows 377GB. But the properties of the drive itself say that it has 882GB on it. What am i missing here? I'll be happy to give more info but i...
  3. Storage space doesn't add up with a 400GB difference

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Storage space doesn't add up with a 400GB difference: Recently i wanted to try and clean up my C drive because it was full. And i've noticed that when i select all folders in the drive it shows 377GB. But the properties of the drive itself say that it has 882GB on it. What am i missing here? I'll be happy to give more info but i...
  4. Storage space doesn't add up with a 400GB difference

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Storage space doesn’t add up

Storage space doesn’t add up: My storage space on my pc doesn’t add up to all the space the apps say they take up plus my storage space keeps changing, my computer said I had 15gb free but when I reset my computer it said I only had 5gb free...
  6. Storage space doesn’t add up

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Storage space doesn’t add up: My storage space on my pc doesn’t add up to all the space the apps say they take up plus my storage space keeps changing, my computer said I had 15gb free but when I reset my computer it said I only had 5gb free...
  7. Storage space doesn’t add up

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. STORAGE - Apps & Features is taking up a lot of space.

STORAGE - Apps & Features is taking up a lot of space.: My Apps & Features is taking up 150gb of storage; the total apps I have don't come anywhere near even 5gb.Where is the rest of this coming from? I am trying to backup my phone to my iTunes and I cannot do so because my local disk is full. I have checked pictures/videos, maps,...
  9. My storage space doesn't add up

in Windows 10 Customization
    My storage space doesn't add up: When I look at my storage, the apps and games section says 80gb, but when I add everything up it is less. How can this be https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-storage-space-doesnt-add-up/8d1b70bd-2067-4253-9112-116671a76803
  10. Storage space doesn't correlate with Apps and Features

Storage space doesn't correlate with Apps and Features: In settings, under device and then storage, it says that my Apps and Features take up 120gb. When I click on Apps and Features and click sort by size, the largest file is 18gb, then the next file is only 1gb. The files do not add up to 120gb, and I want to know where to find...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 apps and features space does not add up

2. windows 10 apps and features storage not adding up