Windows 10: Apps & Features Settings "Crash" every time I try to open.

Discus and support Apps & Features Settings "Crash" every time I try to open. in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I started to notice issues about 2 days ago when my Google Chrome stopped opening, attempted to reinstall, it worked fine, then upon restarting my PC,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Kghoward95, Mar 1, 2020.

1. Apps & Features Settings "Crash" every time I try to open.

I started to notice issues about 2 days ago when my Google Chrome stopped opening, attempted to reinstall, it worked fine, then upon restarting my PC, it wouldn't open again. Then one of my Steam Games "Witcher 3" was not opening, attempted to reinstall, works fine now. But upon investigating some more, my Nvidia Control Panel won't open, and add & remove programs would crash when opened. I then tried to access "Apps & Features" from my settings, and upon opening that, the settings crash.

All my other games are working fine, I was playing Witcher 3 pretty much every day up until 3-4 days ago, and hadn't noticed any of my current issues. Other than updating minecraft on my PC, and some windows updates, I haven't downloaded any programs or done anything out of the ordinary. I thought I had corrupted files, but upon using scannow, my pc stated that I had corrupted files but they could not be fixed.

:)

Kghoward95, Mar 1, 2020
  2. kb3wmh Win User

Settings App Crash when opening Storage settings or Apps & Features

When I try to open storage settings or Apps + Features, the settings app hangs and crashes. I am unable to uninstall apps from the start menu.

kb3wmh, Mar 1, 2020
  3. Arun B J Win User
    Settings App Crash when opening Storage settings or Apps & Features

Hi,

Thank you for your reply.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

Method 1: Reset store cache

• Press Windows logo key + X and click
      Run.

• Type WSReset.exe in the empty space and hit ENTER.
    Try opening the Windows store and check for the issue.

If the issue still exists, try the next method.

Method 2: Try running the Windows Store Apps troubleshooter.

• Press Windows key +X, select Control panel
    • Change the view by option on the top right to Large icons
    • Click on troubleshooting and click on the view all
      option on the left panel
    • Run the Windows Store apps troubleshooter

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Arun B J, Mar 1, 2020
  4. Brink Win User

Apps & Features Settings "Crash" every time I try to open.

Mail app will not open on 10041.

Hello Adam,

This is the suggested solution below if you haven't already tried it. Apps & Features Settings "Crash" every time I  try to open. :)

In this Windows 10 build 10041, the Mail, Calendar, and People apps may be broken due to a licensing issue with the Store Beta. To get these apps working again, you need to follow these steps:

• Open powershell as administrator
    • Run the command Get-appxprovisionedpackage –online | where-object {$_.packagename –like “*windowscommunicationsapps*”} | remove-appxprovisionedpackage –online
    • Re-install Mail, People and Calendar from the Store (green tile)

Brink, Mar 1, 2020
Thema:

Apps & Features Settings "Crash" every time I try to open.

1. Apps & Features Settings "Crash" every time I try to open. - Similar Threads - Apps Features Settings

2. Settings app crashes every time I open taskbar settings

in Windows 10 Customization
    Settings app crashes every time I open taskbar settings: I can't personalize my taskbar like hiding unnecessary buttons but every time I open the taskbar settings the settings app crashes after about 3 seconds. I checked the Event Manager it shows:My OS information:System type 64-bit operating system, x64-based processor Edition...
  3. Settings app crashes every time I open taskbar settings

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Settings app crashes every time I open taskbar settings: I can't personalize my taskbar like hiding unnecessary buttons but every time I open the taskbar settings the settings app crashes after about 3 seconds. I checked the Event Manager it shows:My OS information:System type 64-bit operating system, x64-based processor Edition...
  4. Settings app crashes every time I open taskbar settings

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Graphics Settings crashes every time I try to open it.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Graphics Settings crashes every time I try to open it.: Hello, I have restarted my pc, reset my pc but every time I try to open it, it would still crash. The whole settings works fine it's just the graphics settings that just doesn't work. Please help....
  6. Graphics Settings crashes every time I try to open it.

Graphics Settings crashes every time I try to open it.: Hello, I have restarted my pc, reset my pc but every time I try to open it, it would still crash. The whole settings works fine it's just the graphics settings that just doesn't work. Please help....
  7. colornote microsoft apps on pc crashed every time when tried to open .

colornote microsoft apps on pc crashed every time when tried to open .: I have been using colornote microsoft apps on pc for years , until recent , it crashed every time when tried to open . I tried repairs , re-install ,sfc scan etc but all in vain . I checked the total usage of the app is 240 m+ , is there a limitation for total usage of...
  8. colornote microsoft apps on pc crashed every time when tried to open .

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    colornote microsoft apps on pc crashed every time when tried to open .: I have been using colornote microsoft apps on pc for years , until recent , it crashed every time when tried to open . I tried repairs , re-install ,sfc scan etc but all in vain . I checked the total usage of the app is 240 m+ , is there a limitation for total usage of...
  9. Settings app crashing every time I open it

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Settings app crashing every time I open it: My settings app crashes every time I open it, I've tried 5 different "solutions", tried reverting to an earlier version using system restore and even reinstalled windows but nothing has changed except I actually got an error message after one of them, as below:Does anyone...
  10. Settings app crashing every time I open it

Settings app crashing every time I open it: My settings app crashes every time I open it, I've tried 5 different "solutions", tried reverting to an earlier version using system restore and even reinstalled windows but nothing has changed except I actually got an error message after one of them, as below:Does anyone...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. every time i open apps and features