Windows 10: Apps & Features taking up 100GB of Disk Space

Discus and support Apps & Features taking up 100GB of Disk Space in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi Microsoft Community, I have a Surface Laptop that has 120 GB of disk space, and of late notice that Apps & Features has taken up about 100GB of... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by limsingapore, Jul 26, 2020.

1. Apps & Features taking up 100GB of Disk Space

Hi Microsoft Community,

I have a Surface Laptop that has 120 GB of disk space, and of late notice that Apps & Features has taken up about 100GB of my disk space. When referring to it through Systems/Storage - it shows that App & Features has taken up 100GB, but in referring to the list of apps listed, there's at most 30GB. What's puzzling is there about 70GB that I am not able to find which app is taking up all that disk space. Have done all the disk/system cleanup and the space wouldn't clear.

Appreciate any advise. Thanks

:)

limsingapore, Jul 26, 2020
  2. Nimbus125 Win User

System & reserved taking up over 100GB of space

My computer was warning me about having limited space left, so I checked what was taking up space on my PC and saw this

Apps & Features taking up 100GB of Disk Space [​IMG]

I saw somebody recommend TreeSize to look into what was taking up space and saw this

The installer folder and srudb.dat are taking up >80gb all by themselves which can't be normal at all. Is there any way to fix this?

Nimbus125, Jul 26, 2020
  3. Cleaning up 3.99TB space on a 100GB HDD?

I did a HDD clean up after a Windows 10 update and I was very much surprised by what is showing on the following screen:
    The stats say the size of the Windows Update Cleanup is 3.99TB, while the HDD capacity is 100GB. The disk cleanup did take a very long time to finish.

chenxinghao, Jul 26, 2020
  4. Apps & Features taking up 100GB of Disk Space

Apps and games file taking up too much space.

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

We understand your concern as Apps & feature has taken the maximum space in the Storage drive.
    In order to get clarity and to assist you accordingly, please reply with the answers to the questions below:

• What is the Windows 10 Version and Build installed? (Type winver
      in Windows search/Run command)
    • Since when are you observing this storage issue?

Please help us with the screenshot of the window after you click on
    Apps & feature under Storage settings, to understand which app is consuming more disk space. (Please follow the steps mentioned in the
    screenshot posted
    by Shawn ‘Cmdr’ Keene on Oct 2, 2015 to post the screenshots.) Do not share any personal information in the screenshots.

Meanwhile, we would suggest you to perform the disk optimization on the PC. Please refer the steps as suggested in this article:

Defragment your Windows 10 PC

Also perform a full Scan of your System

1. Press Windows + I key to open
      Settings
    2. Go to Update and Security.
    3. Switch to the ‘Windows Security’ tab.
    4. Click on ‘Virus and threat protection’.
    5. Hit Scan options and select the ‘Full Scan’ box.
    6. Run the scan.

Also refer the suggestions as mentioned in this article: Free up drive space in Windows 10

Let us know the results. We will certainly assist you further.

Aditya Roy

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Aditya_Roy, Jul 26, 2020
Thema:

Apps & Features taking up 100GB of Disk Space

1. Apps & Features taking up 100GB of Disk Space - Similar Threads - Apps Features taking

2. Deleted game taking up space in Apps and Features

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Deleted game taking up space in Apps and Features: Hello,I was given a computer by a friend that had Star Wars: The Old Republic on it. I don't play that game, so I uninstalled it by deleting the Electronic Arts folder in OS C: > Program Files x86. No more files from the game exist on the computer to my knowledge.However,...
  3. Deleted game taking up space in Apps and Features

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Deleted game taking up space in Apps and Features: Hello,I was given a computer by a friend that had Star Wars: The Old Republic on it. I don't play that game, so I uninstalled it by deleting the Electronic Arts folder in OS C: > Program Files x86. No more files from the game exist on the computer to my knowledge.However,...
  4. Deleted game taking up space in Apps and Features

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. STORAGE - Apps & Features is taking up a lot of space.

STORAGE - Apps & Features is taking up a lot of space.: My Apps & Features is taking up 150gb of storage; the total apps I have don't come anywhere near even 5gb.Where is the rest of this coming from? I am trying to backup my phone to my iTunes and I cannot do so because my local disk is full. I have checked pictures/videos, maps,...
  6. "OTHER USERS" taking up Disk Space

"OTHER USERS" taking up Disk Space: On my Win10 machine, I have a 300 GB partition that holds my OS and apps. 185 GB is being used by "OTHER USERS" which I dont understand since I AM the only user on my machine. I've seen other people posting on this problem. I did use SYSPREP to make the drive so I didn't lose...
  7. Windows 10 taking > 100gb disk space

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 taking > 100gb disk space: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/InsulineDion [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/knbw5t/windows_10_taking_100gb_disk_space/
  8. Hidden App Taking Up Over 100GB

Hidden App Taking Up Over 100GB: I believe the problem has something to do with a game that was installed through the xbox app in windows 10, Halo Master Chief Collection. I tried moving the app to an external hard drive to recover storage space but after transferring and uninstalling the app my storage is...
  9. Multiple users taking up disk space

Multiple users taking up disk space: Hello, The company I am at uses shared laptops, after a few months, the storage space will fill up due to each individual user profile. I know how to clean it up and free up all the space. What I am asking, is there a policy or setting in Windows 10 that I as an admin can...
  10. System & reserved taking up over 100GB of space

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    System & reserved taking up over 100GB of space: My computer was warning me about having limited space left, so I checked what was taking up space on my PC and saw this [img] I saw somebody recommend TreeSize to look into what was taking up space and saw this [img] The installer folder and srudb.dat are taking up...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. computer says apps and features taking 100 gb but i dont see that much