Windows 10: Apps Follow Local User Profiles from Admin Account

Discus and support Apps Follow Local User Profiles from Admin Account in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hello, thanks for stopping by to try and provide some assistance. I want to preference this by I am not fluent on Windows administration... Like many... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/MadEquinox, Aug 22, 2020.

1. Apps Follow Local User Profiles from Admin Account

Hello, thanks for stopping by to try and provide some assistance. I want to preference this by I am not fluent on Windows administration...

Like many parents, I am trying to provide my kids a distraction free Windows environment to conduct their online schooling during these times. The plan was to use my main desktop where I have an admin account, create my kids each a local account (profile) so that they can login, use a web browser and conduct online classes via Chrome.

Seemed easy enough... I created a new local account (no email associated). I logged into to the newly created account (named Test_1). Immediately blue information screened popped up saying Hi and they the workspace is being created. Great. However, when I got to the desktop, it carried over some apps that I had on the admin account (e.g. Minecraft launcher shortcut). I was hoping when I clicked the shortcut, it would be unreachable..... No such luck.

My question/ask, how can I create a new local account for my kids without the admin apps following. I did read that the is a MSFT Family Sharing webpage where I can build this out but was hoping for an easier way.

Thoughts?

Thanks in advance for the help and stay safe!

submitted by /u/MadEquinox
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/MadEquinox, Aug 22, 2020

2. I can't create a New User Profile that is Not Corrupt! Please Help!

Hi,

I realize the inconvenience you are facing in creating the new user profile on your device. Do not worry we will help you with this issue.

As a work around, I suggest you to enable the built-in administrator account, log-in with the admin account to create a new user profile and check if you are able to check. This will let us know if the issue persists with user account or the operating system.

Step 1: Follow the steps to enable Built-in admin account.

Enable Built-in administrator.

• Press Windows + X key together on your desktop screen.
    • Click on Command Prompt (admin) to open
      Command Prompt
    • Type the following command and hit Enter:
    • net user administrator /active: yes (Check for the spaces)
    4. Now log off from the current user and try to login to the administrator account that is enabled.  

Note: Please follow the same steps and type net user administrator /active: no to disable admin account after the troubleshooting is done. 

Step 2: Refer to the articles to create a test user account/ Microsoft account respectively.

For Local account: Create a local user account in Windows 10

For Microsoft account: Help with Microsoft account

Hope it helps. Get back to us with an updated status of creating new user profile for further assistance.

Thank you.

Deepika Gowda, Aug 22, 2020
  3. Try3 Win User
    My admin account switched to a user account!

The first of the many diagrams in this thread show that the link Sign in with a local account instead is displayed for the account that is currently logged on and so the reversion procedure might work for this account. For normal circumstances, that would initiate the conversion back to a local account for the user account currently logged in - see my 23rd & 26th September 2016 posts in revert to local account from one converted to MSAccount. I have no way of knowing how Windows will react to an attempt to use this procedure for the Built-In Admin account and I do not know if that link Sign in with a local account instead will be displayed or not.

I think I side-stepped this issue by suggesting that that
    • An extra password-protected Admin level account is created, and
    • The Built-In Admin is disabled, and
    • The recovery attempt focuses on whichever existing user account remains active afterwards.

Personally, I would reinstall Windows 10 without even attempting this recovery. Installation takes very little effort once everything is backed up and the only necessary user interactions are right at the start & right at the end so it can be initiated before making a pot of tea. It took about 30, 60 & 90 minutes for each of my computers [the 30 minuter is 6 months old, the 60 minuter is 7 years old, 90 minuter is 12 years old].

Raner - I am trying to avoid sounding like I am nagging you into doing a clean install.
    • Once you have recovered the existing user account you can attempt to re-enable & remove the MSAccount link from your Built-In Admin if that link appears in Settings, Accounts.
    • Bree says it cannot be done and I think the same but I have never tried - I have never been able to get to Settings using the Built-In Admin because it cannot run any Windows 10 Apps so I do not know how it can be done [but the diagrams in Bree's link shows that those users got there].
    • Even though I have the safety of having created two spare password-protected Admin accounts I would not want to know that my Built-In Admin was sitting in the background but unable to help me if my other accounts were corrupted.

Denis

4. Vesao Win User

Apps Follow Local User Profiles from Admin Account

Remove account

I suggest you backup your personalized files first before removing the account.
    To delete an account, follow these steps:
    1. Press WIN + X keys and click Command Prompt (Admin) from the menu.
    2. Type the following command and press Enter. Replace test with the name of your sister's account. Code:

Vesao, Aug 22, 2020
Thema:

Apps Follow Local User Profiles from Admin Account

1. Apps Follow Local User Profiles from Admin Account - Similar Threads - Apps Follow Local

2. Childs account linked to local user admin account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Childs account linked to local user admin account: Hi,I use a local account in windows 11 which has administer privileges. After I had logged my child into the xbox app their email address has been associated with the local account and now all the child safe settings have been applied to the local admin account and I can't...
  3. Childs account linked to local user admin account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Childs account linked to local user admin account: Hi,I use a local account in windows 11 which has administer privileges. After I had logged my child into the xbox app their email address has been associated with the local account and now all the child safe settings have been applied to the local admin account and I can't...
  4. Software/Apps installed as a local user only appear in the admin account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Software/Apps installed as a local user only appear in the admin account: I've recently started using Windows 11 & mostly use a local account. It seems that sometimes when I install software to use on the the local account, it installs to the Admin account only. Or at least the start menu & desktop shortcuts only appear on that account.I don't...
  5. Software/Apps installed as a local user only appear in the admin account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Software/Apps installed as a local user only appear in the admin account: I've recently started using Windows 11 & mostly use a local account. It seems that sometimes when I install software to use on the the local account, it installs to the Admin account only. Or at least the start menu & desktop shortcuts only appear on that account.I don't...
  6. Software/Apps installed as a local user only appear in the admin account

in Windows 10 Gaming
  7. one user account with two Admin profiles

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    one user account with two Admin profiles: Hi guys, I have problems with my Win 10 profile: I have one account same login associated to 2 Admin account - one with full control and the other with modify access. The problem is that I need to be able to switch to the one with full control as I can't modify many folders...
  8. user local and admin accounts missing

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    user local and admin accounts missing: Since a about a week my local user account and my admin account are gone. With it, the documents, pictures and downloads directories are nearly empty, only the most recent documents are listed. Luckily I save most of my documents on other drives but I would like to find my...
  9. Downgrading from a local Admin Account to a Standard User Account?

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Downgrading from a local Admin Account to a Standard User Account?: After reinstalling Windows 10, I created a local Admin user account just enough for me to install some apps and set things up. After that, I created another local Admin account. Now, I need to downgrade my current Admin account (which I created during setup) to a Standard...
  10. User account with more local profiles

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    User account with more local profiles: Hi In Windows 10, a user account can have two or more local profiles? If so, how do I create them and manage them? Thanks Bye 22930