Windows 10: Apps freeze in full screen mode after being updated to 1809

Discus and support Apps freeze in full screen mode after being updated to 1809 in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; All my apps worked perfectly under the 1803 build. After being updated to 1809 they freeze in full screen mode. Under 1803 you could get around this... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Stephen108, Dec 31, 2018.

1. Apps freeze in full screen mode after being updated to 1809

All my apps worked perfectly under the 1803 build. After being updated to 1809 they freeze in full screen mode. Under 1803 you could get around this by checking the 'Disable Full Screen Optimizations' on the compatibility tab on the exe properties but looks like the 1809 build does not honour this option. There does not seem to be anywhere in the 1809 build where you can disable full screen optimisation. For me this means I have to keep rolling back to the 1803 build in order to get my apps to work.

:)

Stephen108, Dec 31, 2018

2. Apps freeze in full screen mode after being updated to 1809

All my apps worked perfectly under the 1803 build. After being updated to 1809 they freeze in full screen mode. Under 1803 you could get around this by checking the 'Disable Full Screen Optimizations' on the compatibility tab on the exe properties but
    looks like the 1809 build does not honour this option. There does not seem to be anywhere in the 1809 build where you can disable full screen optimisation. For me this means I have to keep rolling back to the 1803 build in order to get my apps to work.

Stephen108, Jan 10, 2020
  3. Apps freeze in full screen mode after being updated to 1809

Hello

There is no setting in the Advanced Setting Performance settings that has any affect on this problem. There is a setting in the apps exe properties compatibility tab to 'Disable Full Screen Optimizations' . This solved the problem in the 1803 build but
    seems to have no affect in the 1809 build. There is something that Microsoft has done in the 1809 update that makes full screen apps freeze. I suspect that regardless of the 'Disable Full Screen Optimizations' setting against the app full screen optimisation
    is now always applied.

Stephen108, Jan 10, 2020
  4. Apps freeze in full screen mode after being updated to 1809

Apps freeze in full screen mode after being updated to 1809

There are no settings there in the 1809 update that have any affect on this problem. You can specify an app and select either 'System Default', 'Power Saver' or 'High Performance' options for the app but none of there disable full screen optimizations to
    fix the problem.

In an earlier update there was a 'Disable Full Screen Optimizations' in the graphics setting but this has now been removed.

Stephen108, Jan 10, 2020
Thema:

Apps freeze in full screen mode after being updated to 1809

1. Apps freeze in full screen mode after being updated to 1809 - Similar Threads - Apps freeze full

2. Full screen mode

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Full screen mode: When im playing fifa my windows randomly exits full screen mode https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/full-screen-mode/86d6b229-11ed-4bd3-b518-c92a0dc90bc2
  3. xbox app in full screen mode in windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    xbox app in full screen mode in windows 10: Can we use xbox app in full screen mode like Steam Big picture mode and control with controller. Also, if it is possible can the pc directly launch into xbox application at windows boot without manually launching application...
  4. disable full screen mode for nook app

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    disable full screen mode for nook app: disable full screen mode for nook app https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/disable-full-screen-mode-for-nook-app/9f4d37f6-d3b0-48fd-b7ef-cc032dc51cef
  5. Movies & TV app full screen mode

Movies & TV app full screen mode: My school provided video tutorials. To open them I use the Movies & TV app. My problem is whenever I click on a video the app opens in fullscreen mode. Ido not want it to open in fullscreen mode. How can I change the default settings?...
  6. Screen turned black after entering full screen mode

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Screen turned black after entering full screen mode: Hi, I'm using a toshiba satellite P55W laptop without any external monitor. Every time I enter full screen mode when watching video, the screen will turn black after 5 seconds. Audio's still working but not working fluently. It happeed in every applications and websites....
  7. Videos freezing in full screen.

Videos freezing in full screen.: Hi. I am having a problem playing videos in full screen. No matter what player I use they will freeze. They play fine if theyre not in full screen. They will play in full screen if I move the mouse constantly. But if I stop moving the mouse the screen freezes. The audio will...
  8. Screen freezes after Windows 10 upgrading to 1809

Screen freezes after Windows 10 upgrading to 1809: The screen freezes and clicking the cursor anywhere on the screen is invalid.Sometimes right-clicking the cursor in the taskbar is valid, but I can't click on any item in the list.If this happens while I'm using the browser(all browser), the page content won't be affected....
  9. Apps default to full screen after Fall Update

Apps default to full screen after Fall Update: Since I installed the fall update I have a number of store apps and games which now revert to full screen on being started instead of the size last used. Any ideas anyone? 96403
  10. Netflix freezes full screen.

Netflix freezes full screen.: Hi Everyone, Two week ago I upgraded to windows 10 and immediately installed a new SanDisk Extreme Pro SSD Drive. All is working fine with the exception of Netflix that freezes avery minute or so in medium and full screen, (works ok in minimized screen). I understand...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. crunchyroll app freezes in full screen