Windows 10: apps from microsfot store can't work well through VPN

Discus and support apps from microsfot store can't work well through VPN in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Taking OneNote for example,the UWP onenote from microsoft store doesn't sync,but I can reach onenote online and onenote 2016 and sync things. same... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Joseph Rxy, Mar 11, 2019.

1. apps from microsfot store can't work well through VPN

Taking OneNote for example,the UWP onenote from microsoft store doesn't sync,but I can reach onenote online and onenote 2016 and sync things.

same page in onenote online and UWP.

apps from microsfot store can't work well through VPN 74657cd9-09b3-4e4a-a4be-da03eb8b7351?upload=true.jpg

apps from microsfot store can't work well through VPN 903da7fb-4515-4a43-b066-c5e06e3a0c74?upload=true.jpg

And that happen on MICROSOFT STORE itself!

I can open it online,but can't open it on the App.it told me to check the connection.

It's ironical that MICROSOFT's APP can't run on MICROSOFT's system with MICROSOFT's computer.

Oh,God knows I'll never use these sh*t.

:)

Joseph Rxy, Mar 11, 2019
  2. Knoxx29 Win User

Vpn ( trusted Vpn)

Hi everyone.
    I am not an expert about Vpn and that's why I would like to know if someone could list me a few trusted Vpns, I would really appreciate any suggestion/ advice.

Thanks.

Knoxx29, Mar 11, 2019
  3. P4-630 Win User
    Vpn ( trusted Vpn)

Tired of Germany blocking many youtube videos? *Big Grin apps from microsfot store can't work well through VPN :D

P4-630, Mar 11, 2019
  4. SmokieT Win User

apps from microsfot store can't work well through VPN

Windows store not working while running on a vpn.

Hey, thanks for the reply.

Here is a screenshot of the error I get when trying to access the Windows Store while the VPN is running. .

apps from microsfot store can't work well through VPN 553afa6d-a4fe-4918-b1bd-8754f171c2d0.jpg

Other than installing the VPN software, no major changes were made.

As far as troubleshooting steps.....There were a few. It took a while to figure out the VPN/Windows Store connection.

• Searched for the error code. Google and Bing.
    • Ran the troubleshooter which found the Store cache was corrupt. Repair didn't work.
    • Posted a question in the community without results
    • Contacted MS support and gave the tech access and he made some changes that appeared to have worked. (The VPN had not launched prior to testing after the restart)
    • More searches and more dead ends.
    • I wanted to check something out in Edge one day and I noticed it was running smooth and glitch free. I clicked the Store icon and just like magic is popped open. I then noticed the VPN wasn't connected. That was kinda the eureka moment for me. All three
      PC's do the same thing. VPN on, no Store. VPN off, Store works fine.
    The issue seems to be isolated to just the Store app. I chatted with a guy who was having the same issue and used a different VPN provider so it's not isolated to one.

Thanks for looking into this for me.

SmokieT, Mar 11, 2019
Thema:

apps from microsfot store can't work well through VPN

1. apps from microsfot store can't work well through VPN - Similar Threads - apps microsfot store

2. Can't install apps from Store

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't install apps from Store: I tried many things on the page Can't install apps from Store, error 0x80070005 here, it took my days, I formatted many times windows but damned microsoft is completely mess. **** Microsoft Store won't install apps. This stupid system took me days, I've formatted it so many...
  3. Can't install apps from Store

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't install apps from Store: I tried many things on the page Can't install apps from Store, error 0x80070005 here, it took my days, I formatted many times windows but damned microsoft is completely mess. **** Microsoft Store won't install apps. This stupid system took me days, I've formatted it so many...
  4. Start app from the Windows App Store through CMD line

in Windows 10 Support
    Start app from the Windows App Store through CMD line: Is it possible to start an app installed from the Windows App Store through a command line interface? I use mail installed via the App Store and I would like tot start it from an command line (with parameters such as "to", "cc", ..) thanks in advance 165688
  5. microsoft store and apps from store are not working

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    microsoft store and apps from store are not working: HELLO I UPDATED WINDOWS 10 TO 2004 VERSION BUT AFTER UPDATING I CANT USE APPS FROM MICROSOFT STORE AND MICROSOFT STORE IS ALSO NOT LAUNCHING [ATTACH]...
  6. Can't install apps from Store

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Can't install apps from Store: When I try to install apps from the store, I get this error: Turn on Windows Update This install is prevented by policy. Ask your admin to enable Windows Update. Code: 0x8024500C However, I am an administrator, and I have remove my device from all GPOs that apply to...
  7. Microsfot store acting strange

Microsfot store acting strange: Greetings. Today I bought Xbox game pass ultimate to try it out for a month. However, when i use your Microsfot software on my windows 10 and when i search for a game it does not display anything. When I search for a specific game I cannot find any result regardless of what...
  8. Can't access microsoft store through a vpn

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can't access microsoft store through a vpn: I have to turn off my VPN to access microsoft store. What gives? this should not be required as I have a common provider and most websites allow access. Is there a way to make it work? If not, I'd like Microsoft devs to have the feedback and I'd also like a brief...
  9. Microsfot To-Do app

Microsfot To-Do app: I installed Microsfot To-Do app on both laptop and iPhone. Please help me with the following question. How can I reschedule a task on a certain day and how can I create a repeated task?...
  10. Reader app - Can't update through Store

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Reader app - Can't update through Store: My Reader app in the store can't update. I keep getting the error 0x803F8001 13941