Windows 10: Apps from Store not appearing; app notifications not showing up

Discus and support Apps from Store not appearing; app notifications not showing up in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hi there, My apologies if this has been covered already, however I did a quick search and couldn't find anything that directly applied to the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by kaptanpls, Jul 31, 2015.

1. kaptanpls Win User

Apps from Store not appearing; app notifications not showing up

Hi there,

My apologies if this has been covered already, however I did a quick search and couldn't find anything that directly applied to the general issues I have been receiving.

Let me just start off by noting I noticed this issue persisted whilst I was using Windows 8, (8.1), and I figured that it would be resolved once making the transition to Windows 10.

The issue I have been having is the Apps that I have downloaded from the Store, such as Netflix and Twitter, are not appearing on the Windows 10 Menu (and previously Windows 8). In the store they say that they are already downloaded and installed, and yet, they do not appear.

The second issue I have is I am not receiving the App notifications where the message pops up in the top right corner accompanied by the sound. Again, this stopped working suddenly when using Windows 8 and still does not work. For instance, my email notifications aren't popping up. And yes, I've gone to Settings > Notifications and everything is selected properly.

I feel like I am not getting the connectivity I am supposed to get with both, previously, Windows 8 and now 10. I am unsure why these functions stopped working.

If you could provide any help, it would be greatly appreciated.

:)

kaptanpls, Jul 31, 2015
  2. OzoneMC Win User

Application list not showing in Notification and Actions

Not all apps will appear in the notifications section. Only apps that are designed to have the notifications will show up there.

OzoneMC, Jul 31, 2015
  3. KDWin Win User
    Windows 10----Show Notifications from these apps

"Settings->Notifications & actions->Show notifications from these apps" here shows an entry for an uninstalled application (not a Store app).

The uninstall looks to have been clean. There are no registry or file system entries.

Anyone know why/where this entry still appears and how to remove it?

KDWin, Jul 31, 2015
  4. kaptanpls Win User

Anyone have any ideas?

kaptanpls, Aug 2, 2015
Thema:

1. Apps from Store not appearing; app notifications not showing up - Similar Threads - Apps Store appearing

2. Why is my app not showing up in the app store?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why is my app not showing up in the app store?: I decided to try out the embedded installer approach for my win32 app. But it doesn't show up in the Microsoft Store app, if I search for the name.Only thing I noticed is that the check mark of Packages is not green:Review has passed. But after weeks, I still can't install my...
  3. Why is my app not showing up in the app store?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why is my app not showing up in the app store?: I decided to try out the embedded installer approach for my win32 app. But it doesn't show up in the Microsoft Store app, if I search for the name.Only thing I noticed is that the check mark of Packages is not green:Review has passed. But after weeks, I still can't install my...
  4. App not showing in "Notification from apps and other senders"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    App not showing in "Notification from apps and other senders": I accidentally click "turn off all notifications for *", e.g. Stretchly, and now it's not reversible. I can't find that app in notification settings. Is it possible to modify registry to get it back? Or any other workarounds?...
  5. App not showing in "Notification from apps and other senders"

App not showing in "Notification from apps and other senders": I accidentally click "turn off all notifications for *", e.g. Stretchly, and now it's not reversible. I can't find that app in notification settings. Is it possible to modify registry to get it back? Or any other workarounds?...
  6. Notifications not showing up for WhatsApp desktop app

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Notifications not showing up for WhatsApp desktop app: Hello,I have been using Whatsapp Desktop for quite a while and for a long time I am not able to receive any notifications from the app.I have installed it through the microsoft store.I have found another similar question on this forum but it did not fix it for me since...
  7. Notifications not showing up for WhatsApp desktop app

Notifications not showing up for WhatsApp desktop app: Hello,I have been using Whatsapp Desktop for quite a while and for a long time I am not able to receive any notifications from the app.I have installed it through the microsoft store.I have found another similar question on this forum but it did not fix it for me since...
  8. Notifications not showing up for WhatsApp desktop app

in Windows 10 Customization
  9. App notifications not showing up

App notifications not showing up: Hello , can someone help me.. my app notifications not showing up App like Discord As you can see "Get notifications from these senders" there is no Discord.. Someone help me please.. [ATTACH]...
  10. Notifications not showing up for WhatsApp desktop app

Notifications not showing up for WhatsApp desktop app: Alright, so I recently downloaded Whatsapp Desktop from the Microsoft store, for the purpose of being able to see my message notifications on my laptop too. What I noticed, was that I wasn't getting any notifications at all. I checked the settings within the app, and...