Windows 10: apps frozen

Discus and support apps frozen in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I have a lenovo laptop and the apps open but do not close. I have been able to get into safe mode and into eventviewer but cant open diagnostic startup... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by perroux, Apr 12, 2021.

1. perroux Win User

apps frozen

I have a lenovo laptop and the apps open but do not close. I have been able to get into safe mode and into eventviewer but cant open diagnostic startup as it is frozen

:)

perroux, Apr 12, 2021

2. Frozen Computer

Hi,

We would like to know the status of the concern you have posted here in the Community forum. Kindly answer the following questions for us to provide you with an accurate troubleshooting suggestions.

• When you turn your computer ON, on what screen does it freezes? If you can, kindly post here the screen shot of this frozen window.
    • Have you made any recent changes on your computer prior to encountering this issue?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

We look forward to your post.

Regards.

Jesrael Bor, Apr 12, 2021
  3. Brink Win User
    Mail app will not open on 10041.

Hello Adam,

This is the suggested solution below if you haven't already tried it. apps frozen :)

In this Windows 10 build 10041, the Mail, Calendar, and People apps may be broken due to a licensing issue with the Store Beta. To get these apps working again, you need to follow these steps:

• Open powershell as administrator
    • Run the command Get-appxprovisionedpackage –online | where-object {$_.packagename –like “*windowscommunicationsapps*”} | remove-appxprovisionedpackage –online
    • Re-install Mail, People and Calendar from the Store (green tile)

Brink, Apr 12, 2021
  4. apps frozen

Frozen Computer

Hi Cindy,

In order for us to help you with your frozen computer, kindly answer the following questions:

• When you turn your computer ON, on what screen does it freezes? If you can, kindly post here the screen shot of this frozen window.
    • Have you made any recent changes on your computer prior to encountering this issue?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

We look forward to your post and we appreciate your response.

Regards.

Jesrael Bor, Apr 12, 2021
Thema:

apps frozen

1. apps frozen - Similar Threads - apps frozen

2. Xbox App is not running under Windows 10, only black frozen window is opening

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Xbox App is not running under Windows 10, only black frozen window is opening: I bought a license for Flight Simulater.I installed XBox-App and tried to install the programm. I come to the window where you select to install it on PC I click "start-Button" Xbox Window is opening absolutely black nothing happens after about 60 seconds the following error...
  3. Xbox App is not running under Windows 10, only black frozen window is opening

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Xbox App is not running under Windows 10, only black frozen window is opening: I bought a license for Flight Simulater.I installed XBox-App and tried to install the programm. I come to the window where you select to install it on PC I click "start-Button" Xbox Window is opening absolutely black nothing happens after about 60 seconds the following error...
  4. Xbox App is not running under Windows 10, only black frozen window is opening

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. FROZEN setting called Restart Apps.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    FROZEN setting called Restart Apps.: Hello, I do not want my preferences or apps remembered so I turn that off but it comes on again. I don't know why. Windows Update has a setting under Advanced Options. I checked there to see if all restarts after an Update are off. There is RESTART APPS with an arrow pointing...
  6. FROZEN setting called Restart Apps.

FROZEN setting called Restart Apps.: Hello, I do not want my preferences or apps remembered so I turn that off but it comes on again. I don't know why. Windows Update has a setting under Advanced Options. I checked there to see if all restarts after an Update are off. There is RESTART APPS with an arrow pointing...
  7. Windows 11 Frozen Apps

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Frozen Apps: Whenever I start up my computer from hibernation or just if the computer feels like it needs to freeze, both my browser Opera GX and Discord freeze I also lose wifi probably, because I disconnect from any calls. Spotify freezes as well but the play button still works, so...
  8. Windows 11 Frozen Apps

Windows 11 Frozen Apps: Whenever I start up my computer from hibernation or just if the computer feels like it needs to freeze, both my browser Opera GX and Discord freeze I also lose wifi probably, because I disconnect from any calls. Spotify freezes as well but the play button still works, so...
  9. Frozen desktop and taskbar, UWP apps won't run and windows short keys not working after...

in Windows 10 Customization
    Frozen desktop and taskbar, UWP apps won't run and windows short keys not working after...: HiI set my laptop to turn off the display after 5 minutes not to sleep or hibernate, recently after leaving it for about an hour or longer, when I trigger it to get back the screen on, the taskbar is frozen with loading cursor, right click on desktop and pressing win, win+R,...
  10. Frozen desktop and taskbar, UWP apps won't run and windows short keys not working after...

Frozen desktop and taskbar, UWP apps won't run and windows short keys not working after...: HiI set my laptop to turn off the display after 5 minutes not to sleep or hibernate, recently when I press a key or touch the touchpad to turn the screen on, taskbar is frozen with loading cursor. Basically, everything is there but the UI is broken. win, win+R, win+E, even...