Windows 10: apps/ games crashing when launching

Discus and support apps/ games crashing when launching in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; i have a lenovo ideapad 3. wehnever i laucnh chrome or edge it crashes. there is no malware in my computer. any idea how to fix this? computer details:... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by DainJoseph, Nov 20, 2021.

1. apps/ games crashing when launching

i have a lenovo ideapad 3. wehnever i laucnh chrome or edge it crashes. there is no malware in my computer. any idea how to fix this? computer details: Lenovo ideapad 3, windows 11 core I3 10th gen, 8gb ram

:)

DainJoseph, Nov 20, 2021
  2. Nikhar_K Win User

Microsoft Solitaire app crashing

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand that you are unable to launch Microsoft Solitaire Collection and it crashes when you launch it, we will look into this for you. However, please reply with the following details to help you with the appropriate troubleshooting steps:

• What happens when you launch Microsoft Solitaire Collection?
    • Do you read any error message when you launch the game? If yes, what is the error message?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you tried so far?

In the meantime, I suggest you to refer the troubleshooting steps mentioned in the article

Fix problems with apps from Microsoft Store
    and see if that helps.

Please reply with the status of the issue, we will be glad to help you further.

Regards,

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Nov 20, 2021
  3. Forza Horizon 3 crash on launch

temporary solution!!!

For everyone who's having a crash at the launch of the game, my games crashes everytime! So tried to uninstall one of the DLC's, I have the Hotweels DLC. So I uninstalled that. Launched the game and it works!

So:

-Forza Horizon 3

-Hotweels DLC

-Blizzard Mountain DLC

1. Uninstall one of the DLC's (I'd suggest hotweels since it's the smallest dlc)

1.2 just to be sure reset in App & Features

2. Click play Forza from the start menu (your game should work by this step!)

3. Install hotweels DLC again.

Your game should work! this worked for me.

Sequoiathree, Nov 20, 2021
  4. apps/ games crashing when launching

Windows Store Game Crashes/Won't launch

Hi,

There are many possible reasons why your games are crashing on your PC. Corrupted game components or system files may cause the issue. To resolve your concern, we suggest that you run the Windows Update troubleshooter on this
    link. After running the troubleshooter, you may follow the instructions provided or manually check for updates and install all the critical or important updates on this

link

You can also reset the game from the Settings menu to help restore corrupted game installation files.

• Press the Windows key on your keyboard, and then click the Settings icon.
    • Select System, and then select Apps & features.
    • Find the game, and then click on Advanced options.
    • Click Reset.
    • Restart your computer for the changes to take effect.

Make sure that your games and apps are updated on Windows Store by following the steps on this

link

Keep us updated with the results after performing the suggested solutions above.

Loraine Mon, Nov 20, 2021
Thema:

apps/ games crashing when launching

1. apps/ games crashing when launching - Similar Threads - apps games crashing

2. PC crashes when launching most games

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    PC crashes when launching most games: It first started out with being unable to launch Genshin/Honkai Star Rail; both would crash or sometimes even crash the PC. Now it just crashes the PC, and it has begun to affect less intensive games like the Google Play Games emulator and Lethal Company. If I just stick to...
  3. Crashes when launching games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Crashes when launching games: My computer has had a bad case of reliability since I got it with crashes happening commonly, I have tried many things to fix the issue hoping it is not a hardware issue. I have reinstalled windows and tried to tweak with the BIOS, the most effective fix I have had so far was...
  4. Crashes when launching games

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Crashes when launching games: My computer has had a bad case of reliability since I got it with crashes happening commonly, I have tried many things to fix the issue hoping it is not a hardware issue. I have reinstalled windows and tried to tweak with the BIOS, the most effective fix I have had so far was...
  5. White screen/crashing when launching games

White screen/crashing when launching games: Hello, recently my PC has been crashing whenever i launch any video game. I've checked the temperatures of my components and it does not seem to be the issue, I've updated drivers and it hasn't fixed the problem.I checked the logs and here's what I found:The computer has...
  6. White screen/crashing when launching games

White screen/crashing when launching games: Hello, recently my PC has been crashing whenever i launch any video game. I've checked the temperatures of my components and it does not seem to be the issue, I've updated drivers and it hasn't fixed the problem.I checked the logs and here's what I found:The computer has...
  7. PC crashes when launching a game

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC crashes when launching a game: Issue is self explanatory, whenever I launch a game the pc blue screens giving the stopcode: BAD POOL CALLER, OR KERNEL MODE HEAP CORRUPTION.things I tried:updating/rolling back graphics card drivers.scanning SSD health.doing a system memory health check.uninstalling anything...
  8. PC crashes when launching a game

PC crashes when launching a game: Issue is self explanatory, whenever I launch a game the pc blue screens giving the stopcode: BAD POOL CALLER, OR KERNEL MODE HEAP CORRUPTION.things I tried:updating/rolling back graphics card drivers.scanning SSD health.doing a system memory health check.uninstalling anything...
  9. apps/ games crashing when launching

apps/ games crashing when launching: i have a lenovo ideapad 3. wehnever i laucnh chrome or edge it crashes. there is no malware in my computer. any idea how to fix this? computer details: Lenovo ideapad 3, windows 11 core I3 10th gen, 8gb ram...
  10. Computer crashed when launching game

Computer crashed when launching game: Hey microsoft im contacing you because of a recent issue on my computer. So i was launching Tom clancys rainbow six siege the high quality version and my computer blue screened with no error code what do i do?...