Windows 10: Apps, Games, Pictures, And Other Files Gone

Discus and support Apps, Games, Pictures, And Other Files Gone in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Today, I logged into my windows account to be greeted with a default windows background instead of my background that I previously put there, also most... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by EricBo1, Jun 17, 2020.

1. EricBo1 Win User

Apps, Games, Pictures, And Other Files Gone

Today, I logged into my windows account to be greeted with a default windows background instead of my background that I previously put there, also most of the apps I had installed were gone, as well as all pictures, and files were gone. I also couldn't open Microsoft store. Please help me fix this problem.

:)

EricBo1, Jun 17, 2020
  2. enso Win User

Quick Access not searching Pictures folder

Summary, that last suggestion didn't work.

• I moved the pictures to another folder temporarily.

• Since there were no troubleshooting steps for this scenario, just for the heck of it, I ran through the restore steps. Copied some pictures into the Pictures folder, ran a Quick Access search and initial problem remains: Searching all of QA doesn't find any files in Pictures folder, running search on just the Pictures folder does. I want to run a global search and find matching files in any/all of the Documents, Music, Videos, and Pictures folders.
    That article dates from 2015 and I'm guessing is out of date. I hope it didn't create potential future problems in my registry.

Bottom line: I'm still looking for a fix.

3. Captures folder gone and I can't record games

Hi zLC Knowz,

Saving a file restriction is one of the possible reasons why you are unable to record games and save files. For me to properly assist you, I need to collect more information. Kindly answer the questions below:

• Are you having this concern when saving any kinds of files?
    • What are the troubleshooting steps you have done so far?

Meanwhile, I suggest that you try to perform the troubleshooting steps below:

Step1 : Run the troubleshooter for Windows apps using the link below. This can help remove problems with an app from Microsoft Store

Click here

Step 2: Delete temporary files.

• Click Start and click Settings.
    • Select System.
    • Select Storage.
    • Select This PC.
    • Click Temporary files.
    • Choose Temporary files.
    • Click Remove files.

For additional troubleshooting steps, you may follow the steps provided on the link below

Troubleshoot Game DVR on Windows 10

Wilfred Mac, Jun 17, 2020
  4. Apps, Games, Pictures, And Other Files Gone

Picture files gone missing

Hi,

One potential reason why your picture files went missing is due to a system file corruption. Let's analyze some details to address this accordingly. Please answer the following questions:

• Do you remember making any hardware or software changes on your device before this issue occurred?
    • Do you have other user accounts added on the PC? If yes, reproduce the issue by verifying if you encounter the same thing using another profile.
    • What procedures have you done so far to rectify the issue?

Meanwhile, we suggest using the File History to locate and restore these pictures. This tool automatically backs up versions of your files that can aid in restoring your lost data. See this article: File
    History in Window
    s
    for the procedures. The steps on the link hold the same in Windows 10.

We will be waiting for your reply so we can move forward to resolving your concern.

Dhavelyn Mer, Jun 17, 2020
Thema:

Apps, Games, Pictures, And Other Files Gone

1. Apps, Games, Pictures, And Other Files Gone - Similar Threads - Apps Games Pictures

2. Icons in Pictures are gone?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Icons in Pictures are gone?: Went to new paid version of MS a few days ago and now, all my folder icons are missing. This is what I see. Tried several things I found online to no avail. Desperately need my icons, not these white boxes!...
  3. Icons in Pictures are gone?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Icons in Pictures are gone?: Went to new paid version of MS a few days ago and now, all my folder icons are missing. This is what I see. Tried several things I found online to no avail. Desperately need my icons, not these white boxes!...
  4. The Pictures Folder Is Gone.

in Windows 10 Support
    The Pictures Folder Is Gone.: The latest windows update basically deleted my pictures folder and I want to know how to get it back, I have tried numerous software but all of them are demos and I don't want to have to pay millions of dollars or whatever in order to get it, please help. 174753
  5. Games the other way around in Picture in Picture/Mini View ?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Games the other way around in Picture in Picture/Mini View ?: Hey guys, I've tried a bit and I'm not sure how to google any more afterwards there are one or the other game that I would like to play in a small, scalable PiP window while watching series and videos in full screen I know, normally people do it the other way around, but I...
  6. Files on Desktop and Pictures gone!

in Windows 10 Customization
    Files on Desktop and Pictures gone!: I lost All my pictures downloaded from my iPhone that I have been keeping in the 'Picture' folder. ALL my setup on my desktop are gone. This happening after the update, NOT upgrade. I don't backup on Cloud thought my computer is safe enough to save all my pictures. I...
  7. Word,Excel and other Apps Icons gone

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Word,Excel and other Apps Icons gone: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/charan_v2 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/hp5jjq/wordexcel_and_other_apps_icons_gone/
  8. Pictures are gone

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Pictures are gone: Must of had an update yesterday or day before. My lay out is all wrong and my pictures have disappeared. Finally was able to remember my pass word to sign back in but still can not figure how to get my pictures back !! Are they gone for good! Hate up dates being forced on me!...
  9. Files gone and Apps not launching.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Files gone and Apps not launching.: Two days ago, my desktop froze, so I turned it off manually (via power button). When I turned it back on, it took a long time, and on the sign in screen, it said "Preparing Windows". Then after it told me I needed to log out of the account. When I logged out and logged back...
  10. Pictures gone

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Pictures gone: Leave it to Microsoft to muck everything up for you. And why do they insist on forcing people to do or use this or that? It is always about money-not for the convenience of the customer. After buying a new computer, keep on being forced to use one drive. So where are my...