Windows 10: Apps/games using more CPU and GPU than usual

Discus and support Apps/games using more CPU and GPU than usual in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; From yesterday I am facing a weird problem , normally while playing games my CPU usage stays at 40-50 percent and GPU usage stays at 60-70depends on... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by akashroy4, Jul 31, 2021.

1. akashroy4 Win User

Apps/games using more CPU and GPU than usual

From yesterday I am facing a weird problem , normally while playing games my CPU usage stays at 40-50 percent and GPU usage stays at 60-70depends on games but now if I open up my games the CPU usage goes to 80-90 percent and GPU goes 100 percent . Previously I used to play games while listening to songs on youtube but now the game takes all the cpu and gpu , I tried doing both together but the game crashedfor the first time , it never crashed before . Even while streaming 1080p videos on chrome the cpu usage goes 40 percent ,I tried other browsers but same result came out. I tried restart

:)

akashroy4, Jul 31, 2021
  2. Arun B J Win User

My GPU is heavily under performing, please help!

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

• What is the make and model of GPU?

• Do you face this issue only with this game or all the game?
    I suggest you to use the same GPU in different computer and check if the issue persist.

As you mentioned that you have overclocked the CPU, Microsoft does not recommend overclocking the CPU.

Reply with necessary information and I’ll be happy to help you further

Thanks and Regards

Arun B J, Jul 31, 2021
  3. CPU and GPU usage high, fps drop on games

Hi. I usually have around 100fps at Player Unknown Battlegrounds and my CPU usage is normal. From a month or so I get fps drops like 50-100fps and game feels laggy.

Also, when I open the task manager the CPU and GPU usage is really high around 90, 80% and then suddently drops to normal values like 5%.

I checked igfxupdate.exe Windows process - What is it? but it doesn't resolve it.

I noticed that a service svhost is very high on usage, what can I do?

Thanks in advance.

AntónioAires, Jul 31, 2021
  4. Apps/games using more CPU and GPU than usual

GPU 0% CPU 90%

Hi,

this may depend of game itself.

some games render picture using mostly CPU resources, some games strive to use GPU resources first.

And seems it is better to ask your question in sites dedicated to this game.

Igor Leyko, Jul 31, 2021
Thema:

Apps/games using more CPU and GPU than usual

1. Apps/games using more CPU and GPU than usual - Similar Threads - Apps games using

2. Games not using CPU and fully using GPU.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Games not using CPU and fully using GPU.: So, I found my game providing inconsistent fps like going 37 from 120 for a second then going back to 120 again.This is making my games unplayable. I monitored its CPU and GPU usage and found it is only using GPU and not even a single percent of CPU.This was recorded for...
  3. Apps suddenly taking more cpu usage then the usual

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Apps suddenly taking more cpu usage then the usual: apps like steam , task manager, google , xbox gaming services and more https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/apps-suddenly-taking-more-cpu-usage-then-the-usual/13f84d75-25cd-4e8b-ad5e-b5ba8bd31e09
  4. Apps suddenly taking more cpu usage then the usual

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Apps suddenly taking more cpu usage then the usual: apps like steam , task manager, google , xbox gaming services and more https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/apps-suddenly-taking-more-cpu-usage-then-the-usual/13f84d75-25cd-4e8b-ad5e-b5ba8bd31e09
  5. Windows explorer using more ram than usual

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows explorer using more ram than usual: Now, idk if this is normal or not on windows 11 but that windows explorer ram usage for something i'm not even using but taking up that much ram is kinda weird. Is there any fix to this or is explorer gonna just take up that amount of ram for the rest now? My 8gb of ram be...
  6. Windows explorer using more ram than usual

Windows explorer using more ram than usual: Now, idk if this is normal or not on windows 11 but that windows explorer ram usage for something i'm not even using but taking up that much ram is kinda weird. Is there any fix to this or is explorer gonna just take up that amount of ram for the rest now? My 8gb of ram be...
  7. My apps are using more CPU than before

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My apps are using more CPU than before: One day i noticed that my laptop is unusually loud when i was playing a game and checked task manager and found out that the game was using too much cpu than before it was mostly 30-25% but now it was at 50% , so i checked other games and it was also like that but they never...
  8. My apps are using more CPU than before

My apps are using more CPU than before: One day i noticed that my laptop is unusually loud when i was playing a game and checked task manager and found out that the game was using too much cpu than before it was mostly 30-25% but now it was at 50% , so i checked other games and it was also like that but they never...
  9. My apps are using more CPU than before

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  10. Antimalware Service Executable using more memory than usual

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Antimalware Service Executable using more memory than usual: The status quo for me is for WD to be using in the range of 50 to 80 megabytes of memory, but right now it is using 115 megabytes of memory. Yeah it varies a lot. If Windows is doing some background maintenance, WD can use a lot of RAM. Same goes for Windows Apps updates...