Windows 10: Apps getting moved to Secondary monitor after PC wakes up from sleep mode

Discus and support Apps getting moved to Secondary monitor after PC wakes up from sleep mode in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi Guys, I have a new ACER laptop and since I have started using it I have noticed very weird thing with Windows 10 (1809 but it happened on previous... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Lukasz Tymczak, Feb 9, 2019.

1. Apps getting moved to Secondary monitor after PC wakes up from sleep mode

Hi Guys,

I have a new ACER laptop and since I have started using it I have noticed very weird thing with Windows 10 (1809 but it happened on previous version as well).

I have additional 27" monitor connected through HDMI cable - I have set it as main screen but I am also using my laptop screen for other apps (lets say sticky notes).

So now that works well. However I have noticed that every time after my laptop is restated or even if it goes to sleep mode or just the screen time out the all of the apps from my laptop screen are moved to my main screen.

This is really frustrating because I need to re-configure the setup every time.

Do you guys know what can be causing it and how to fix it?

On my previous laptop the apps/windows didn't move to the main screen.

Another issue is that the NumLock on my external keyboard switches itself off for no reason.

Again - this didn't happen previously.

***Modified title from: Windows apps moved between screens***

:)

Lukasz Tymczak, Feb 9, 2019

2. monitor display after sleep mode

After the monitor wakes from sleep mode the picture is distorted? "pixalated? I have to reboot in order to get any picture back.

Moved from: Windows / Windows 10 / Desktop, Start, & personalization / PC

marielucido, Feb 9, 2019
  3. Stavros Win User
    Monitor Not Waking Up After Sleep

I am experiencing a critical issue - when my computer goes into sleep mode, or if I manually place it in sleep mode, the monitor will not wake. The PC is running; I can hear the fan and the light on the front of the monitor is on, but the monitor itself will not wake. The only way I can get the computer back on is to do a hard reset by holding in the power button, turning it off, then back on. I've tried all the obvious fixes; windows updates, graphic card driver updates, unplugging, turning off sleep mode, turning off Link State Power Management ,making sure the keyboard or the mouse are able to wake the computer in settings, etc. Nothing so far has worked. Any suggestions on how to fix or what the problem may be?
    An additional problem is that I cannot even save some new settings in my motherboard. Somehow the settings return to the default settings and the problem remains. The PC purchased brand new almost 4 months ago.

CPU Intel Core i5 8600k 3.60GHz
    Graphic Card (integrated): Intel ® UHD Graphics 630
    Motherboard: Gigabyte Z370 HD3

Could you please provide any suggestion?

I look forward to hearing from you.

Kind regards,

Stavros, Feb 9, 2019
  4. David Haz Win User

Apps getting moved to Secondary monitor after PC wakes up from sleep mode

Waking up from sleep mode

Hi Phil,

If you are unable to get out of Sleep mode, it could mean that the BIOS installed reduces the power to which your input device is connected, i.e. mouse or keyboard. For us to properly assist you in getting out of Sleep mode, kindly respond to the questions
    below:

• Can you explain further what you are experiencing? Were you able to get to the lock screen after waking from Sleep mode?
    • Are you using a laptop or a desktop computer?
    • When did the issue start to occur? Did it happen after installing an update, an app, or a driver?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far? This is for us to know and to avoid any duplication of efforts on your end.

We look forward to your response.

David Haz, Feb 9, 2019
Thema:

Apps getting moved to Secondary monitor after PC wakes up from sleep mode

1. Apps getting moved to Secondary monitor after PC wakes up from sleep mode - Similar Threads - Apps getting moved

2. Primary monitor gets no signal from PC after waking up from sleep mode.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Primary monitor gets no signal from PC after waking up from sleep mode.: I recently set up a second monitor for my PC. Everything works fine except for the monitor which shows no signal after my device has been in sleep mode. The monitor works and turns on like it should, but it loads up the installed Samsung software saying there is no signal to...
  3. Primary monitor gets no signal from PC after waking up from sleep mode.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Primary monitor gets no signal from PC after waking up from sleep mode.: I recently set up a second monitor for my PC. Everything works fine except for the monitor which shows no signal after my device has been in sleep mode. The monitor works and turns on like it should, but it loads up the installed Samsung software saying there is no signal to...
  4. PC wakes up from sleep mode

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC wakes up from sleep mode: I put PC to sleep, it usually only stays asleep for a few minutes and wakes back up.I Googled online and carried out following:In Power & sleep set up in 'allow wake timers'I set to disabled.No difference.Then found that you can see the cause by using CMD and running:...
  5. PC wakes up from sleep mode

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PC wakes up from sleep mode: I put PC to sleep, it usually only stays asleep for a few minutes and wakes back up.I Googled online and carried out following:In Power & sleep set up in 'allow wake timers'I set to disabled.No difference.Then found that you can see the cause by using CMD and running:...
  6. PC wakes up from sleep mode

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. New monitor, Windows moves screens from secondary to main after waking from sleep/display...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    New monitor, Windows moves screens from secondary to main after waking from sleep/display...: I've been using a dual monitor set up for a while with no issue. This week, I got a new main monitor, and made my old main monitor my secondary. After the display shut off for any reason (whether it went to sleep/hibernated or just turned off display), when it came back, all...
  8. Windows are moved & resized after waking up from Sleep Mode.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows are moved & resized after waking up from Sleep Mode.: When I put my computer to sleep with the Sleep button on my Microsoft keyboard, when I wake it up again, the windows are moved & shrunk to half the length of the screen. How can I prevent this?...
  9. Windows move to 3rd monitor after PC wakes from sleep

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows move to 3rd monitor after PC wakes from sleep: Hi, I've got 3 monitors connected to my PC. 2 are normal monitors and the 3rd is a TV that sits above my desk visible to the rest of the office. In my display setting they are set up as follows: [ATTACH] Displays 2 & 1 are the displays I use for work applications....
  10. BSOD after waking up PC from Sleep Mode

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD after waking up PC from Sleep Mode: Hello, I have been having this problem for almost a year now and so far I can't seem to find a solution for this. The problem is that, when waking up my PC from Sleep Mode, I sometimes randomly get a "no signal" message on my monitor screen. The system itself is waking...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. apps goes back to my main monitor after system wakes up