Windows 10: Apps Getting Uninstalled Upon Restart

Discus and support Apps Getting Uninstalled Upon Restart in Microsoft Windows 10 Store to solve the problem; Greetings, everyone. I have ran into a problem a while back, with apps constantly getting uninstalled after each system reboot. These apps include:... Discussion in 'Microsoft Windows 10 Store' started by SyllabicRose858, Feb 14, 2021.

1. Apps Getting Uninstalled Upon Restart

Greetings, everyone.

I have ran into a problem a while back, with apps constantly getting uninstalled after each system reboot. These apps include:

• Xbox Game Bar
    • Movies & TV
    • Groove Music
    • Mail and Calendar
    • Your Phone
    • Xbox Console Companion

This happens on both of my Windows 10 devices, after around 5 minutes of runtime after a restart. Both devices use the same profile, and the problem seems to be happening inconsistently. A restart does not guarantee an uninstall of these applications, but they will not get uninstalled unless I've restarted my system. The applications will get deleted even while running, and will remain with the option of 'launch', instead of install in the Microsoft Store, until I close it with the Task Manager.

So far I have tried running various CMD checks, both on my memory and integrity of the registry files; have tried manually uninstalling, then reinstalling the applications; resetting and repairing them; and even installing them on separate hard drives. Nothing seems to have helped, which is why I am resorting to the forums. Both PCs are running the latest version of Windows 10 and have all security measures enabled.

This is a very annoying issue, as it means I have to manually reinstall all the applications I will be using upon each reboot, so any help will be greatly appreciated!

Thank you in advance!

:)

SyllabicRose858, Feb 14, 2021
  2. Mohan B P Win User

How to disable/uninstall the Photo app in Windows 10?

Hi,

I suggest you to follow the steps below to uninstall the Photo app and check if it helps.

We cannot disable Photos app on windows 10. However, we can uninstall the app and when you require the app you can download it through Windows Store.

I suggest you to follow the steps below to uninstall the Photo app.

• Type Power Shell in the Search bar,
      right-click on Windows PowerShell and click on
      Run as administrator

• Type the following commands, press Enter
      key after each command, in the given order.
    1. Get-AppxPackage

(This will view all the apps installed in your account.)

2. Get-AppxPackage -AllUsers

(This will view all Windows apps installed in the computer.)

3. Get-AppxPackage Microsoft.Windows.Photos | Remove-AppxPackage

(This will remove/uninstall the Photo app.)

• Restart the system and check.

Hope the information helps. Kindly write back to us for further assistance on Windows. We will be happy to assist you.

Thank you.

Mohan B P, Feb 14, 2021
  3. Mark0 Win User
    Completely uninstall provisioned apps: how-to and detailed explanation

Sorry, that can't work, because you're searching for neutral after quering without -PackageTypeFilter. That is: you retrieve only Main and Framework packages and then you search the ones with an undefined architecture.
    You should rather use:
    Code:
    But I would suggest you to query the registry as I suggested in my last post. That should be even better because you're not relying on assumptions on Get-AppxPackage. With a registry query you're asking Windows which Bundle apps it has installed.
    Or, if you feel like, try both and compare the results. *Biggrin
    Cheers,
    Mark

Mark0, Feb 14, 2021
  4. Apps Getting Uninstalled Upon Restart

How do you uninstall chipset drivers?

I'm installing a new mobo so I need to uninstall the intel 865g drivers to make way for the P35 drivers.

Can't find any uninstall options in add/remove programs and intel chipset inst listed in driver cleaner.

Any suggestions? *Confused Apps Getting Uninstalled Upon Restart :confused:

oli_ramsay, Feb 14, 2021
Thema:

Apps Getting Uninstalled Upon Restart

1. Apps Getting Uninstalled Upon Restart - Similar Threads - Apps Getting Uninstalled

2. update fails upon restart.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    update fails upon restart.: I was trying to update win 11 pro and it failed now it keeps trying to install upon restart and fails. I have turned off updates, stopped updates and BITS in the services I have also gone the restart automatic route, deleted the update files in the software distribution...
  3. update fails upon restart.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    update fails upon restart.: I was trying to update win 11 pro and it failed now it keeps trying to install upon restart and fails. I have turned off updates, stopped updates and BITS in the services I have also gone the restart automatic route, deleted the update files in the software distribution...
  4. World of Warcraft uninstalled every week upon restart

in Windows 10 Gaming
    World of Warcraft uninstalled every week upon restart: Hey!I've been having this issue for a few months now, where my computer will do a soft restart every week to update. Every time this happens, absolutely no file in my computer is touched except for the Warcraft application file. This disappears every single time.It wouldn't...
  5. World of Warcraft uninstalled every week upon restart

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    World of Warcraft uninstalled every week upon restart: Hey!I've been having this issue for a few months now, where my computer will do a soft restart every week to update. Every time this happens, absolutely no file in my computer is touched except for the Warcraft application file. This disappears every single time.It wouldn't...
  6. files deleted upon restart

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    files deleted upon restart: Hi, I just got a new pc and it came with windows installed. Now, when I restart my pc, most of my files get deleted. It does not happen if I power it off though. Any idea or solutions? Thanks in advance!...
  7. Audio Input and Output device uninstalled upon restart in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    Audio Input and Output device uninstalled upon restart in Windows 10: There are several complaints from readers who’ve been experiencing problems with the audio drivers in their Windows 10 computers. The problem is that, after they restart their computers, they find that the Audio Input and Output devices have been uninstalled, and they have to...
  8. Audio input and output device uninstalled upon restart.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Audio input and output device uninstalled upon restart.: Current OS Version : Microsoft Windows Version 2004 (OS Build 20226.1000) So after a recent windows update the sound driver in my Windows 10 got automatically uninstalled. And while attempting to make changes by adding a legacy hardware the OS crashed leading to a restart...
  9. CHKDSK Scan upon restart.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    CHKDSK Scan upon restart.: Hi All. I would appreciate some help on this one if at all possible. I have two seperate harddrives installed. On my one drive which is may main one I have a copy of Windows 7. My second drive has two partitions, one running Win 7 Pro and the second partition running...
  10. Fonts getting uninstalled after restart

in Windows 10 Support
    Fonts getting uninstalled after restart: I recently upgraded to windows 10 from windows 7. Eversince, I am facing the trouble of fonts. Fonts are disappearing all of a sudden when I restart. My applications fail to run if I do not re install the font after my computer has restarted. I ran sfc /scannow command in...