Windows 10: apps gone, background gone

Discus and support apps gone, background gone in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I have lost my apps and my background screen is now black. The start menu doesn't work, the task view doesn't work, microsoft edge doesnt work... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by catfos, Nov 12, 2019.

1. catfos Win User

apps gone, background gone

I have lost my apps and my background screen is now black. The start menu doesn't work, the task view doesn't work, microsoft edge doesnt work (dialog box states "class not registered"

I have no idea what to do

:)

catfos, Nov 12, 2019

2. Why did the startup window get cleared?

I didn't missed any step, the list was gone and gone , even after using lot of programs the programs were not listed in that list.

smartali89, Nov 12, 2019
  3. Bree Win User
    Photo app is gone

@Lenoveo, it's actually named 'Photos' with an 's'. Is it really missing, or is it just the Tile on Start that's gone? Try typing photos in the Cortana/Search box next to Start and see if it finds it. If it does appear in the list you can right-click on it and 'Pin to Start' (or the taskbar). If it doesn't, try Brink's 'App reset' tutorial.

4. Remon Ont Win User

Desktop background gone black after a few minutes of use on laptop.

Hello,

Desktop background and taskbar going black could be due to software conflicts.

We would like to know some information to better assist you with your concern:

• What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?
    • Did you get any error messages or error codes?

In the meantime, we suggest that you try to check if the "Show Windows Background" option is turned on. Follow the steps below:

• Open Settings in the Start menu.
    • Go to Ease of Access, then on the left side, click
      Other options.
    • Turn on Show Windows Background and check if it works.

We will wait for your reply.

Remon Ont, Nov 12, 2019
Thema:

1. apps gone, background gone - Similar Threads - apps gone background

2. My apps are gone

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My apps are gone: All of the Windows apps, aside from Teams and Outlook, are gone. I am a student, and I use my student email for everything. I need the apps back because now I am not able to do any work. I checked everywhere, and no, they are nowhere on this laptop....
  3. My apps are gone

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My apps are gone: All of the Windows apps, aside from Teams and Outlook, are gone. I am a student, and I use my student email for everything. I need the apps back because now I am not able to do any work. I checked everywhere, and no, they are nowhere on this laptop....
  4. Pinned apps gone

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Pinned apps gone: I have apps pinned in my taskbar but I cant see them at all. When you put the mouse in the taskbar you can see the name of the app indicating that it is there but the icon is missing. You can also click the app and it will open without problem. I restart the PC and still no...
  5. Pinned apps gone

Pinned apps gone: I have apps pinned in my taskbar but I cant see them at all. When you put the mouse in the taskbar you can see the name of the app indicating that it is there but the icon is missing. You can also click the app and it will open without problem. I restart the PC and still no...
  6. Pinned apps gone

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. Apps are gone

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Apps are gone: My special needs daughter uses her NextBook tablet mainly to play off-line games and watch U-Tube videos. When she went to turn on the tablet yesterday, all her apps were gone, or I should say the screen came up blank. In looking at the "All programs" list, all the programs...
  8. My background picture has gone

My background picture has gone: Hello! The picture I have as my background has gone. If I open personalisation the picture shows it also shows in theme, but not on the screen. The screen is black with the icons on it. I can't find a way of getting my picture back. Any ideas, please? I'm running Win10...
  9. Desktop Background Gone after update

Desktop Background Gone after update: The desktop background on my laptop has disappeared after today's major update. I believe it was synced with my Desktop computer. How do I restore it? Do I have to do a system restore, which would be ridiculous. Windows 10 Pro Version: 1903 OS Build: 18362.267 thanks 137744
  10. Photo app is gone

Photo app is gone: Hi, every one l have laptop works on windows 10, when l lunched the windows l make all update setting off but the problem is from day to day the windows makes update by it self (Automatic) even l switch off all update setting and there is application that run my photo but...