Windows 10: apps greyed out

Discus and support apps greyed out in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; my apps are greyed out https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/apps-greyed-out/1b1ec990-efc0-481f-a127-5495654f3c4b Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by tornea124, Oct 10, 2021.

1. tornea124 Win User

apps greyed out

my apps are greyed out

:)

tornea124, Oct 10, 2021
  2. Brink Win User

Mail app will not open on 10041.

Hello Adam,

This is the suggested solution below if you haven't already tried it. apps greyed out :)

In this Windows 10 build 10041, the Mail, Calendar, and People apps may be broken due to a licensing issue with the Store Beta. To get these apps working again, you need to follow these steps:

• Open powershell as administrator
    • Run the command Get-appxprovisionedpackage –online | where-object {$_.packagename –like “*windowscommunicationsapps*”} | remove-appxprovisionedpackage –online
    • Re-install Mail, People and Calendar from the Store (green tile)

Brink, Oct 10, 2021
  3. Standard apps + Store app are all greyed out

I had the same problem, but found a solution:
    1. Open Command Prompt as administrator
    2. Type "sfc /scannow"
    3. Once it is complete type " dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth"
    4. Restart your PC
    5. Open Powershell as admin
    6. Type "Get-AppXPackage -AllUsers | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml"}" and press enter - when finished all tiles were no longer greyed out and all apps could now run

Although steps 5 and 6 are the same as in the first post, doing steps 1-4 first fixed problems allowing step six to properly work

Hope this helps

Redgeneral, Oct 10, 2021
  4. ckristi Win User

apps greyed out

Apps greyed out and underlined in Windows 10 Start Menu

I was trying your solution and got as far as step 4. My apps that are greyed out (Mail and Calendar) don't even show up in the text file. I was going to skip the uninstall & just try to install; but don't know the apps Name to use, since they aren't
    in the text file. Any suggestions on where to go from here?

ckristi, Oct 10, 2021
Thema:

apps greyed out

1. apps greyed out - Similar Threads - apps greyed

2. Need to backup apps but 'Remember my apps' feature is greyed out.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Need to backup apps but 'Remember my apps' feature is greyed out.: I'm trying to move to a new PC, and take my apps & settings with me. Both new & old PC's are win 11 professional.First I need to sync my apps on the current PC, However, the 'Remember my apps' feature is greyed out:External Link to image as upload fails in this...
  3. Need to backup apps but 'Remember my apps' feature is greyed out.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Need to backup apps but 'Remember my apps' feature is greyed out.: I'm trying to move to a new PC, and take my apps & settings with me. Both new & old PC's are win 11 professional.First I need to sync my apps on the current PC, However, the 'Remember my apps' feature is greyed out:External Link to image as upload fails in this...
  4. Built-In Laptop Webcam No Longer Previews in WIndows 10 Camera App - Grey Screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Built-In Laptop Webcam No Longer Previews in WIndows 10 Camera App - Grey Screen: The built-in webcam in my laptop has stopped previewing in the Windows Camera app, I get a grey screen. However, I AM able to successfully take a picture. I can also tell the camera is working because I can see the light blue face-tracking rectangle over the grey screen - it...
  5. Built-In Laptop Webcam No Longer Previews in WIndows 10 Camera App - Grey Screen

Built-In Laptop Webcam No Longer Previews in WIndows 10 Camera App - Grey Screen: The built-in webcam in my laptop has stopped previewing in the Windows Camera app, I get a grey screen. However, I AM able to successfully take a picture. I can also tell the camera is working because I can see the light blue face-tracking rectangle over the grey screen - it...
  6. Built-In Laptop Webcam No Longer Previews in WIndows 10 Camera App - Grey Screen

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. why is my camera grey and laptop saying my camera is being elsewhere but no other app is...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    why is my camera grey and laptop saying my camera is being elsewhere but no other app is...: my camera isnt working all of a sudden its grey and not letting me record, I cant use zoom or kaltura because it says the camera is in use. This is the first time this has happened, I've turned off melware, done updates, uninstalled apps and nothing is fixing it...
  8. why is my camera grey and laptop saying my camera is being elsewhere but no other app is...

why is my camera grey and laptop saying my camera is being elsewhere but no other app is...: my camera isnt working all of a sudden its grey and not letting me record, I cant use zoom or kaltura because it says the camera is in use. This is the first time this has happened, I've turned off melware, done updates, uninstalled apps and nothing is fixing it...
  9. why is my camera grey and laptop saying my camera is being elsewhere but no other app is...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  10. black is not black but grey in netflix uwp app with dolby vision OLED ASUS Vivobook labtop

black is not black but grey in netflix uwp app with dolby vision OLED ASUS Vivobook labtop: When I watching the Dolby Vison format videos in Netflix UWP APP installed from Microsoft Store, I notice that the dark scenes in the video are too grey while theyshould be pure black on my OLED screen .Such as the Netflix logo in the vides beginnings,the back ground should...