Windows 10: Apps have no thumbnails?

Discus and support Apps have no thumbnails? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Snoo_58191 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/lsq6y1/apps_have_no_thumbnails/ Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Snoo_58191, Feb 26, 2021.

1. Apps have no thumbnails?

/u/Snoo_58191, Feb 26, 2021
  2. Dgo47 Win User

File Explorer not showing thumbnails

Brink,

Many thanks for you reply. I have done all the steps you suggested, but no change,

When I open a folder containing photos, some open correctly but the vast majority open with thumbnails, but they very quickly get overwritten and you can not longer see the thumbnails.

Are there any more suggestions?

Dgo47, Feb 26, 2021
  3. Thumbnails

Hi Alan,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. Appreciate your interest in using Windows 10.

Follow the steps provided below to turn Thumbnails on/off:

• Open File Explorer.
    • In the Menu bar, click on View and then Options.
    • In the View tab, uncheck/check the option for “Display file icon on thumbnails” to disable/enable thumbnails.

Hope the information is helpful. Please revert back with necessary information and we’ll be glad to assist you.

Eeshwar Kumar, Feb 26, 2021
  4. Apps have no thumbnails?

Windows 10 quicktime thumbnails

Hi Ali,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

Please provide more information to help :

• When you say "the thumbnails are just icons", is that on a local account or the Microsoft account?

• Do you have the latest version of ProRes or iTunes installed on the pc?

I suggest you to follow the steps below and verify the result.

• Go to file explorer and clock on view.

• Select Options and Go to View.

• Under Files and folders uncheck the box always show icon, never thumbnails.

I also suggest you to install any pending Windows updates on the pc to check if that helps. Updates are additions to software that can help prevent or fix problems, improve how your computer works, or enhance your computing experience.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Anju Thekkethil, Feb 26, 2021
Thema:

Apps have no thumbnails?

1. Apps have no thumbnails? - Similar Threads - Apps thumbnails

2. Epic games library does not load at all and thumbnails wont load too on app.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Epic games library does not load at all and thumbnails wont load too on app.: Epic games library does not load at all and almost all the clickable options don't respond. I can only click and use cart option/Wishlist/news/browse/discover options. I am unable to use epic games pc app. Every time i open it no thumbnail appears. I cant use library or see...
  3. Epic games library does not load at all and thumbnails wont load too on app.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Epic games library does not load at all and thumbnails wont load too on app.: Epic games library does not load at all and almost all the clickable options don't respond. I can only click and use cart option/Wishlist/news/browse/discover options. I am unable to use epic games pc app. Every time i open it no thumbnail appears. I cant use library or see...
  4. Return thumbnails after deleting default app?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Return thumbnails after deleting default app?: im on windows 10 So I accidentally chose a default app for .cur files and then I set the default app to nothing but the thumbnails for the .cur files don't show up anymore. How do I fix this? it just shows the blank page icon now....
  5. Return thumbnails after deleting default app?

Return thumbnails after deleting default app?: im on windows 10 So I accidentally chose a default app for .cur files and then I set the default app to nothing but the thumbnails for the .cur files don't show up anymore. How do I fix this? it just shows the blank page icon now....
  6. Return thumbnails after deleting default app?

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. Windows apps missing icon only showing thumbnail

Windows apps missing icon only showing thumbnail: Hi everyone I just noticed that a lot of my windows default apps are missing there icon, settings, calc, store. They all launch just in the search bar there missing there icon any advice...
  8. Windows apps missing icon only showing thumbnail

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows apps missing icon only showing thumbnail: Hi everyone I just noticed that a lot of my windows default apps are missing there icon, settings, calc, store. They all launch just in the search bar there missing there icon any advice...
  9. Windows apps missing icon only showing thumbnail

in Windows 10 Gaming
  10. does the HEVC extension app by microsoft make HEVC video thumbnails work?

does the HEVC extension app by microsoft make HEVC video thumbnails work?: Hello everyone, I just bought a samsung S23 phone and the video has changed to HEVC, I got it working finally by downloading codecs and vlc player etc although I prefer WMP when I have the choice anyway, there is an app in the microsoft store that claims to work too, but it...