Windows 10: Apps have no thumbnails?

Discus and support Apps have no thumbnails? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Snoo_58191 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/lsq6y1/apps_have_no_thumbnails/ Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Snoo_58191, Feb 26, 2021.

1. Apps have no thumbnails?

/u/Snoo_58191, Feb 26, 2021
  2. Dgo47 Win User

File Explorer not showing thumbnails

Brink,

Many thanks for you reply. I have done all the steps you suggested, but no change,

When I open a folder containing photos, some open correctly but the vast majority open with thumbnails, but they very quickly get overwritten and you can not longer see the thumbnails.

Are there any more suggestions?

Dgo47, Feb 26, 2021
  3. Thumbnails

Hi Alan,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. Appreciate your interest in using Windows 10.

Follow the steps provided below to turn Thumbnails on/off:

• Open File Explorer.
    • In the Menu bar, click on View and then Options.
    • In the View tab, uncheck/check the option for “Display file icon on thumbnails” to disable/enable thumbnails.

Hope the information is helpful. Please revert back with necessary information and we’ll be glad to assist you.

Eeshwar Kumar, Feb 26, 2021
  4. Apps have no thumbnails?

Windows 10 quicktime thumbnails

Hi Ali,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

Please provide more information to help :

• When you say "the thumbnails are just icons", is that on a local account or the Microsoft account?

• Do you have the latest version of ProRes or iTunes installed on the pc?

I suggest you to follow the steps below and verify the result.

• Go to file explorer and clock on view.

• Select Options and Go to View.

• Under Files and folders uncheck the box always show icon, never thumbnails.

I also suggest you to install any pending Windows updates on the pc to check if that helps. Updates are additions to software that can help prevent or fix problems, improve how your computer works, or enhance your computing experience.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Anju Thekkethil, Feb 26, 2021
Thema:

Apps have no thumbnails?

1. Apps have no thumbnails? - Similar Threads - Apps thumbnails

2. Windows thumbnails bug out after using apps; generally, folder view is behaving wonkily

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows thumbnails bug out after using apps; generally, folder view is behaving wonkily: Hello, this is a problem that's started happening in the past, oh, week or so? Usually I use apps, some memory-intensive, with various folders containing pictures, videos, so files that have thumbnails. And, usually, there is no problem. Now though, for the past week or so,...
  3. I can't see Taskbar Thumbnail Previews "when multiple tabs minimized in an app"

in Windows 10 Customization
    I can't see Taskbar Thumbnail Previews "when multiple tabs minimized in an app": I can't see Taskbar Thumbnail Previews when multiple tabs minimized in an app. But when 1 tab minimized I can see Taskbar Thumbnail Previews. I used to see all of my minimized windows or tab of any app. Now I can only see the titles of tab or windows If multiple tabs...
  4. Make taskbar preview thumbnails order the same as app windows ?

in Windows 10 Support
    Make taskbar preview thumbnails order the same as app windows ?: I'd like the task bar thumbnail previews to position the same way as the windows that they represent. For example, if I have 2 windows of Firefox, the task bar shows 2 thumbnail previews. If I click the left thumbnail I would like the left Firefox window to be foregrounded....
  5. Make task bar preview thumbnails order the same as app windows ?

in Windows 10 Support
    Make task bar preview thumbnails order the same as app windows ?: I'd like the task bar thumbnail previews to position the same way as the windows that they represent. For example, if I have 2 windows of Firefox, the task bar shows 2 thumbnail previews. If I click the left thumbnail I would like the left Firefox window to be foregrounded....
  6. Photos Thumbnail and In-App view rotation not synced.....

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Photos Thumbnail and In-App view rotation not synced.....: Had this problem: Took a picture rotated on my iphone. Save pic to Windows 10 laptop. Opened picture in MS Office Picture Manger**, rotated the picture to taste, save it. Closed MSOPM, Now picture is rotated wrong in thumbnail. This is incredibly annoying, esepcially if you...
  7. Default File Explorer icon is missing, app thumbnails missing, different color at login

Default File Explorer icon is missing, app thumbnails missing, different color at login: Hello. About two months ago, I started experimenting with 3rd party themes and icons for Windows, and when I got bored and wanted default back, my file explorer icon would not reset for any reason. No matter how many times I rebuilt icon cache, no matter how many other themes...
  8. Xbox app - Thumbnail video playback starting too soon causing a stutter

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Xbox app - Thumbnail video playback starting too soon causing a stutter: Hi, i've found a bug that causes the xbox app to stutter for roughly half a second when scrolling up and down. When the stutter occurs, latencymon shows a spike from nvlddmkm.sys to around 800us. I have my 2080ti set to prefer maximum performance, which keeps the clocks at...
  9. Related to minimized apps' taskbar thumbnails

Related to minimized apps' taskbar thumbnails: If i uploaded a photo or two it would have been a lot easier to understand but my upload speed is really slow so sorry. When i hover my pointer to a minimized app in the taskbar i want it to show a thumbnail of the minimized app. It shows that when there is only one tab...
  10. Most Built-In Windows Apps Missing Thumbnails.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Most Built-In Windows Apps Missing Thumbnails.: [ATTACH] Pretty much what the title says. Self-downloaded apps like games, Discord, Steam, whatever still have thumbnails, it's just the Windows pre-installed ones that mostly don't. This just suddenly happened and I'm not sure why at all....