Windows 10: Apps I download from the store won't open.

Discus and support Apps I download from the store won't open. in Microsoft Windows 10 Store to solve the problem; This has occurred with three different apps I've installed from the Microsoft Store. Only one app I've installed is working properly. I tried to... Discussion in 'Microsoft Windows 10 Store' started by BaronKingsnorth, Aug 24, 2019.

1. Apps I download from the store won't open.

This has occurred with three different apps I've installed from the Microsoft Store. Only one app I've installed is working properly.
    I tried to install iTunes, LastPass for Windows Desktop, and Telegram Desktop and they all produce the same message when I start them:

"Windows cannot access the specified device, path, or file. You may not have the appropriate permissions to access the item."

When I go into Apps & Features and click "advanced options" on these apps, under specifications it says that App, Data, and Total Usage are all 0 bytes.

:)

BaronKingsnorth, Aug 24, 2019

2. windows 10 apps won,t open

Hi Robert,

Thanks for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

We appreciate you for trying the troubleshooting steps.

I suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.

Step 1: Run Windows app troubleshooter.

Refer to the below link:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/run-the-troubleshooter-for-windows-apps

Step 2: Run shell commands for Windows store and check if it helps.

Follow the below steps:

• Press Windows key + X and select
      Command prompt(Admin)
      to open elevated Command prompt.

• Type the following commands.

powershell -ExecutionPolicy Unrestricted Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register $Env:SystemRoot\WinStore\AppxManifest.xml

• Hit enter, the blackscreen will appear still for a couple of seconds. After a couple of second a new line saying C:\.... will appear.

• Close Command Prompt.

• Try to start the Windows Store again.

Hope it helps, reply to us with the status of your issue. We will be happy to assist you.

Santosh_Rai, Aug 24, 2019
  3. Store Settings "Update apps automatically" won`t stay switched off. WHY?

Hi H. G.,

The possible reason why Update apps automatically turn back on is that the Store app is running in the background. We suggest that you turn off the Store app. This way, it won't receive any updates or send notifications unless opened or turned on
    manually.

To turn off Store app, follow these steps:

• Click the Windows logo, then go to Settings.
    • Click Privacy, then Background apps.
    • On the list, locate Store and toggle it off.

Let us know how it goes so we can further assist you.

Regards.

Vanessa Yar, Aug 24, 2019
  4. Brink Win User

Apps I download from the store won't open.

Mail app will not open on 10041.

Hello Adam,

This is the suggested solution below if you haven't already tried it. Apps I download from the store won't open. :)

In this Windows 10 build 10041, the Mail, Calendar, and People apps may be broken due to a licensing issue with the Store Beta. To get these apps working again, you need to follow these steps:

• Open powershell as administrator
    • Run the command Get-appxprovisionedpackage –online | where-object {$_.packagename –like “*windowscommunicationsapps*”} | remove-appxprovisionedpackage –online
    • Re-install Mail, People and Calendar from the Store (green tile)

Brink, Aug 24, 2019
Thema:

Apps I download from the store won't open.

1. Apps I download from the store won't open. - Similar Threads - Apps download store

2. Cant download apps/Open apps from Microsoft Store

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cant download apps/Open apps from Microsoft Store: I cant download apps or open any Microsoft store installed apps including apps connected to gaming services. "We’re updating Gaming Services. It should be ready to use again shortly" get this error when trying it. Unable to update apps as well Tried the following:1. Running...
  3. Cant download apps/Open apps from Microsoft Store

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cant download apps/Open apps from Microsoft Store: I cant download apps or open any Microsoft store installed apps including apps connected to gaming services. "We’re updating Gaming Services. It should be ready to use again shortly" get this error when trying it. Unable to update apps as well Tried the following:1. Running...
  4. App downloaded from Microsoft store can't open

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    App downloaded from Microsoft store can't open: I have developed a private app using .Net 7.0 MAUI blazer and published to store. At start my users can download it and use it smoothly on win10. But today the app cannot open on Win10. When I click the app on win10 nothing happened. On win11 it is all good. I tried delete...
  5. App downloaded from Microsoft store can't open

in Windows 10 Gaming
    App downloaded from Microsoft store can't open: I have developed a private app using .Net 7.0 MAUI blazer and published to store. At start my users can download it and use it smoothly on win10. But today the app cannot open on Win10. When I click the app on win10 nothing happened. On win11 it is all good. I tried delete...
  6. App downloaded from Microsoft store can't open

7. Apps not opening and downloading from Microsoft Store.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Apps not opening and downloading from Microsoft Store.: HelloI've been trying to use Kali Linux as WSL, but after enabling WSL, I can't download Kali Linux or any other app from the Microsoft Store. Then, after some searching, I was able to download AppxBundle from store.rg and install it. But when I tried to open it, nothing...
  8. Apps not opening and downloading from Microsoft Store.

Apps not opening and downloading from Microsoft Store.: HelloI've been trying to use Kali Linux as WSL, but after enabling WSL, I can't download Kali Linux or any other app from the Microsoft Store. Then, after some searching, I was able to download AppxBundle from store.rg and install it. But when I tried to open it, nothing...
  9. Apps not opening and downloading from Microsoft Store.

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
  10. apps won't download from microsoft store

apps won't download from microsoft store: I have done all of the online suggestions to fix the Microsoft store downloading apps. It starts downloading but then goes to error and simply says to try again later. I have 1) signed in and out of the store 2) done the wsreset several times 3) I...